Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Conor's going to give Dana a heart, Lorenzo a brain and Dave Sholler some courage.

Step forward!

fCOtJAF.jpgp

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

McGregor calling people bums, can imagine the likes of Mayweather looking at this dude and thinking the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

nails1 wrote: »
    McGregor calling people bums, can imagine the likes of Mayweather looking at this dude and thinking the same thing.

Welcome to the MMA forum and my ignore list troll!

1st ever post in MMA forum, makes it in the McGregor thread and its slabbering about McGregor :rolleyes: they're not even trying to hide it anymore

I've not seen this video before but I think we've seen most(if not all) the clips before in various videos. Still well put together with an errie instrumental of "Ready or not" playing in backround

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Rafael Dos Anjos did an interview with Ariel Helwani a while ago.

Some interesting quotes:

"I want to thank Dana White for finally giving me an easy fight"

"My parents taught me not to argue with crazy people" on not reacting to McGregor speaking over him at the press conference

"Irish people have told me that they hope I shut him up" (apparently his Irish neighbour isn't a McGregor fan)

"I'll beat him in 2 or 3 rounds. He's going to break...like a girl"

"I've fought plenty of better fighters......Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz"

"I'd beat him on the ground, standing up, K1 rules, anything"

a few Jesus/God references as well for good measure.

generally sounds somewhere between extremely irritated and angry with McGregor and is looking forward to putting his hands on him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The usual from his opponents pre fight,looking forward to the excuses ''gods plan'' will be the favourite Im guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Rafael Dos Anjos claims Conor McGregor is "embarrassing Irish people"
    Given the nature of the business, Conor McGregor and Rafael Dos Anjos will be exchanging verbal barbs before they get to hit each other with fist and foot on March 5th.

The Brazilian had his chance to have a go at the Dubliner on the MMA Hour today and claimed that his neighbour's Irish wife told him that McGregor was "embarrassing Irish people".

"My neighbour, he lives next door to me, his wife is Irish. Every time they're saying 'please beat this guy. He's embarrassing Irish people,'" he told host Ariel Helwani, before adding that "The Irish say this guy has embarrassed his own people. They're ashamed of him."

UFC 196 takes place on March 5th in Las Vegas, where McGregor is aiming to beat Dos Anjos to claim that lightweight belt to add to the featherweight belt he already has.

https://www.newstalk.com/Rafael-Dos-Anjos-claims-Conor-McGregor-is-embarrassing-Irish-people

Looking forward to seeing the poll stats for his next fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SICialA0lk

Gamb!t wrote: »

"My neighbour, he lives next door to me, his wife is Irish. Every time they're saying 'please beat this guy. He's embarrassing Irish people,'" he told host Ariel Helwani, before adding that "The Irish say this guy has embarrassed his own people. They're ashamed of him."

Which is exactly why none of us go over to support Conor when he fights.....oh wait a minute! :eek: His neighbours Irish wife obviously has her finger on the pulse of Irish feelings living all the way in Rio :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Devastator wrote: »
    Which is exactly why none of us go over to support Conor when he fights.....oh wait a minute! :eek: His neighbours Irish wife obviously has her finger on the pulse of Irish feelings living all the way in Rio :rolleyes:
    'Murica seeing as Dos Anjos is an American gringo :D

Tazzimus wrote: »
    'Murica seeing as Dos Anjos is an American gringo :D

aha good call :D She probably once had a sip of guiness or got licked out by an red(Irish) setter and now considers herself Irish :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Quality posting lads, keep bashing the keyboards need to keep the endless stream of sh1te coming

I watched a few of the usual rocky themed vids by RDA whilst I ate dinner last night. gotta say, the chap looks very big, he must cut close to 30lbs in order to make weight. id say McGregor walks round at 175 so maybe a 20lb cut for him.... remember mike dolce got 20lbs off chael sonnen in 2 days ha ha ha, wtf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rusty cole wrote: »
    I watched a few of the usual rocky themed vids by RDA whilst I ate dinner last night. gotta say, the chap looks very big, he must cut close to 30lbs in order to make weight. id say McGregor walks round at 175 so maybe a 20lb cut for him.... remember mike dolce got 20lbs off chael sonnen in 2 days ha ha ha, wtf!!!

Bare in mind, Conor at LW, has 10 extra lbs to work with. I'd expect them to be maybe 5lbs bigger than the Conor we seen last year.

RDA will be bigger, but the difference will be <5lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 16 timmykgb

Hi, I'll happen to be in Dublin on March 5th with some friends. Is there anywhere to go to watch the fight in Dublin?

Cheers, Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

timmykgb wrote: »
    Hi, I'll happen to be in Dublin on March 5th with some friends. Is there anywhere to go to watch the fight in Dublin?

Cheers, Tim

Best bet is wait until a week before to see who's doing it, bit early for them to be announcing they're showing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Cheers, Tim

Your hotel room.

Watching a fight at 6am in a pub in Dublin would be my idea of a nightmare.
    Would they even serve a drink?

Cant make it to this one unfortunately, so a house is the best option IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Your hotel room.

Watching a fight at 6am in a pub in Dublin would be my idea of a nightmare.
    Would they even serve a drink?

Cant make it to this one unfortunately, so a house is the best option IMO.

I think it's actually illegal for pubs to show it due to the time. I seem to remember the Woolshed owner giving out serious about the law and not being able to show the December fight. I think some pubs still show it though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

You could try contacting somewhere like The Sporting Emporium in the city & see if they'd be willing to show it, they're just off Grafton Street. I've seen UFC events being broadcast on TVs on in the background in there before but it was a few years ago. They're normally open til 5 or 6am anyways but it's a members only place so I'd get in contact with them first & ask if they'd be able to accommodate your group.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I think it's actually illegal for pubs to show it due to the time. I seem to remember the Woolshed owner giving out serious about the law and not being able to show the December fight. I think some pubs still show it though.

The living room have shown the last three fights and they have been quality, great atmosphere. No problems fight wise as security are on top of it in there. They also served drink for the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Mellor wrote: »
    Bare in mind, Conor at LW, has 10 extra lbs to work with. I'd expect them to be maybe 5lbs bigger than the Conor we seen last year.

RDA will be bigger, but the difference will be >5lbs

He'll be more than five pounds heavier than him in the ring? Or walk around at the minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BOHtox wrote: »
    He'll be more than five pounds heavier than him in the ring? Or walk around at the minute?
    Sorry, that was a typo. It was supposed to be <5. In the octagon next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cheers, Tim

I seem to recall Harry's on the Green showing them but you had to be in there by 11pm or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com.br, the organization's president, Dana White revealed on Wednesday that he would speak with Aldo to settle the future of the Brazilian, who last December lost the belt to the Irish Conor McGregor just 13 seconds at UFC 194.

"I love Jose (Aldo). I'll call him today (Wednesday) and we'll talk to decide who's next for him," said White.

Asked if the conversation would be to set a new fight for the belt, White was emphatic. "Yes," he replied.

few days old anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

dave1982 wrote: »
    few days old anyone hear anything?

Dana's not talking to him until Wednesday

white's a hungry bas*ard, I'm starting to hate the whole direction of the UFC nowadays. so was jose not aware he was in a fight then? he drags the build up through a press tour and leaves traveling fans a day late and a dollar short, due to a suspicious rib injury! then we eventually get to see what's sold as the biggest fight in UFC history and he swans into a counter leaving him KO'd in 13 seconds, having promised to put on a supreme show and up-end mcgregors streak!!

now he's winging for a rematch??? NO... END Of discussion I'd say.
    If conor McGregor pulls off a victory next month he should stay at 155lbs.
    If jose wants him bad enough I'd suggest eating more steak and following him.

Dana doesn't like Jose, DANA white likes money the snake!! no wonder Fedor wouldn't go near the UFC.
    Same a fertida, the sleveen f*cker, never trusted him seeing him even on that NOTORIOUS documentary, standing there juiced
    to the Gills!! you have to wonder if the owners are eating the TESTO, what de "F" is going on.

rusty cole wrote: »
    Dana doesn't like Jose, DANA white likes money the snake!! no wonder Fedor wouldn't go near the UFC.

lol yup Fedor is a saint and donates all his money to a charity for sick pigeons :confused: The reason Fedor wouldn't fight in UFC is because he wanted co promotion with M1 Global....a promotion company he is CO OWNER of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

We don't know if any of the UFC top brass are on TRT but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it if they are, there are proven health benefits to doing so.

It is only banned if you are a competitive athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know instant rematches are so hot right now but I would be surprised if Conor isn't fighting Frankie at 200. As much as Aldo does deserve a rematch, I figured Frankie would be the bigger money fight, easier to sell the wrassler than the chap who got ko'd in 13 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Devastator wrote: »
    Still well put together with an errie instrumental of "Ready or not" playing in backround

LOL, you mean Boedicea by Enya (where Fugees got the sample from) is playing :P

Cool vid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know instant rematches are so hot right now

12uOqiB.png

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement