Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Heads up....lads be careful with what your saying(accusations), theres warnings being handed out for a lot less in this thread!!!

callaway92 wrote: »
    LOL, you mean Boedicea by Enya (where Fugees got the sample from) is playing :P

Cool vid

ahahaha *Pats himself on the back* I'm actually delighted for not knowing an Enya song :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

We don't know if any of the UFC top brass are on TRT but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it if they are, there are proven health benefits to doing so.

It is only banned if you are a competitive athlete.

Dana and Lorenzo are, almost certain of it. Not sure on Frank as he's rarely seen. No harm anyway they don't compete so they can take all the drugs if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man that was a class video! I was expecting Fugees ready or not but works so much better with Enya's original version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We don't know if any of the UFC top brass are on TRT but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it if they are, there are proven health benefits to doing so.

It is only banned if you are a competitive athlete.

Joe Rogan is pretty open about his use of TRT and HGH. Says it makes him feel like a super human and that he can cheat old age.

It also explains why his head seems to have continually gotten larger for the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I remember Rogan saying he was on it.

I didn't want to say for sure Dana and Co were, as its just speculation at this point but I definitely would not be surprised if they were.

I am sure in 10-15 years it will be much more common place in Ireland also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Screen-Shot-2014-06-08-at-10.14.40-PM.png

Lorenzo is all natty guys quit with the trt talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'd love to be on juice.

12716843_450782421783691_159947056_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE4MTYxMTEwMjc1ODExNDk5Mw%3D%3D.2

Might be a bad picture but anyone think hes looking soft?

Gamebred wrote: »
    12716843_450782421783691_159947056_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE4MTYxMTEwMjc1ODExNDk5Mw%3D%3D.2

Was thinking that when I seen it myself, no pump there at all when he seems to be finished training is weird.

4 weeks out I thought he'd look a bit more shredded maybe its bad lighting I dont know but if its not hes not looking great.

• Advertisement

Looks like he's aged ten years since the press conference aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Read RDA saying he's getting same money for this fight as he got for cowboy.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Read RDA saying he's getting same money for this fight as he got for cowboy.

He got 300k no win bonus I read for that fight,does he get ppv money for this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah he's soft allright.

In fairness though that other guy isn't exactly Brad Pitt.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'd fight Jon Jones for 300k (no win bonus... Don't think I'd need it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

He got 300k no win bonus I read for that fight,does he get ppv money for this?

He said it on the mma hour, there's nothing different for this fight. How true it is I don't know.

He says he was 1st to sign contract also, it was conor who late signing. Very stupid of RDA he should be looking a million or more for this fight.

Yep he has something the golden boy Conor wants,he should be compensated for the trauma hes going to suffer even chad mendes got 500k for the fight.

Well this is a problem of the fixed fight contracts that most UFC fighters seem to be on.
    Mendes was probably able to negotiate a deal as he was taking the fight at short notice... But did RDA really have a choice? Is it not a case of him being TOLD who his next opponent is?
    I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

dave1982 wrote: »
    He said it on the mma hour, there's nothing different for this fight. How true it is I don't know.

He says he was 1st to sign contract also, it was conor who late signing. Very stupid of RDA he should be looking a million or more for this fight.

No way he sould be looking for a million basic for this fight, Conor wasn’t even on close to that for the last fight.

There is something different for this fight, his last was on Fox and this will be a PPV. I can accept that his basic contract is the same as against Cowboy but there’s basically no chance he is the only fighter that I’ve ever heard of to main event a PPV and not get a taste of it. The only was he doesn’t get it is if he was stupid enough to give it away in order to get more cash in his basic, and if so he deserves missing out on the money for being a fool.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    No way he sould be looking for a million basic for this fight, Conor wasn’t even on close to that for the last fight.

There is something different for this fight, his last was on Fox and this was PPV. I can accept that his basic contract is the same as against Cowboy but there’s basically no chance he is the only fighter that I’ve ever heard of to main event a PPV and not get a taste of it. The only was he doesn’t get it is if he was stupid enough to give it away in order to get more cash in his basic, and if so he deserves missing out on the money for being a fool.

These figures are the disclosed pay,Conor got 500k for the Aldo fight no win bonus,you can be sure he cleared a few million for that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

These figures are the disclosed pay,Conor got 500k for the Aldo fight no win bonus,you can be sure he cleared a few million for that fight.

Disclosed pay is their basic contract fight pay. The additional is mostly due to PPV cut which all fighters, including RDA, receive when main eventing (or co-main in some cases).

RDA saying it’s the same as against Cowboy is either totally disingenuous or else he was a fool to sign away the PPV cut that every other fighter receives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why bother? Your hospital bills would be 400k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Funeral is only about 30k though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Lorenzo is all natty guys quit with the trt talk.

He's making his heavyweight debut at UFC 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

He looks like he's eaten someone from TAM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's making his heavyweight debut at UFC 200.

Ha right arm is about twice the size of his left

Ha right arm is about twice the size of his left

That's the arm he uses to cradle Conor with when he carries him around UFC headquarters.

...And deflated..

I think it's the lighting tbh, it's hard to judge his size too because we don't know how big the dude beside him is.

He doesn't look soft in the training video's he released a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVMCQzQDgvk&ebc=ANyPxKrLiRriT8pPdH2DVLAq2XsTgop97uXwvKxU1Jia4rA1Mt1h8FUgcA0FVmYzmk14cvee42_Ld6SHr7WCFTbWZbPVWRB44Q&app=desktop

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    Funeral is only about 30k though :pac:

Nah, wrong..... I'd go down at the glove touch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement