Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lukker- wrote: »
    ...And deflated..

I think it's the lighting tbh, it's hard to judge his size too because we don't know how big the dude beside him is.

He doesn't look soft in the training video's he released a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVMCQzQDgvk&ebc=ANyPxKrLiRriT8pPdH2DVLAq2XsTgop97uXwvKxU1Jia4rA1Mt1h8FUgcA0FVmYzmk14cvee42_Ld6SHr7WCFTbWZbPVWRB44Q&app=desktop

Ive read that some of that footage is old,cant be arsed verifying it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Their basic fight pay is set with a fixed contract but they all have a PPV stipulation when they’re a headliner. That’s why Conor’s ‘red panty night’ was directed at all the fighters on the stage during that press conference, as every one of them would make big money off PPV if they faced him. It wasn’t just a select one or two fighters.

Can’t think of one example of a fighter complaining that they didn’t get points after headlining a PPV that sold and I’m sure we would have by now if that was ever the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Ive read that some of that footage is old,cant be arsed verifying it tbh.

Yeah supposedly 3 of the clips are from the Cowboy camp.

Anywho, speculation like this never really makes sense until you see them fight night, too many variables like did they just have a big meal, carrying a lot of water weight, lighting etc etc

Florida is the steroid capital of the world but post USADA RDA looked as good as ever vs. Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    I'd love to be on juice.
    Most people whinging about old business men being on it will prob be on it themselves in 20 years. It'll lose the "cheating at sports" at some point, and just be seen as medicine.
    ASOT wrote: »
    Was thinking that when I seen it myself, no pump there at all when he seems to be finished training is weird.

Depends on what he was training tbh. Weights, you expect a decent pump. Cardio trying to get the weight down, not so much.

One thing is clear, his 190+lb "walk-around" that people waffled on about is meaningless. Always is when a fighter bulks up, balloons up, or what ever between camps.
    We need a new phrase to describe a fighters size, amount they cut etc.
    I propose walk-out weight, ie the weight they are walking out to the octagon.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Their basic fight pay is set with a fixed contract but they all have a PPV stipulation when they’re a headliner.
    PPV is not guaranteed though. There's a min threshold that must be hit before it kicks in. Apparently Aldo had never hit the threshold until 194, RDA probably hasn't hit it either.

So this is the bum version of Conor RDA is sparring with in complete with beard :pac: remember the one Aldo brought in that went well for him

https://www.instagram.com/adelkyokushinninja/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Another pic of from today

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnrEmsvbu2/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So this is the bum version of Conor RDA is sparring with in complete with beard :pac: remember the one Aldo brought in that went well for him

https://www.instagram.com/adelkyokushinninja/

Meanwhile Conor gets to spar the mighty Artem...

JJayoo wrote: »
    Meanwhile Conor gets to spar the mighty Artem...

Very true,a human punch bag for Conor,no bite here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Looks the same, I wouldn't have any PED worries if that's what this is about. He looked and performed to the same level vs Cerrone which was after the new drug testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ha right arm is about twice the size of his left

trt party whanker

• Advertisement

Judging by the goats latest social media posts he will have some job making 145 again dont think he will want to tbh

https://www.instagram.com/thenotoriousmma/

Don't think he looks much bigger at all, maybe 3 or 4 pounds. Gunni still looks a good bit heavier then him and he walks around at 5-10 pounds heavier then Conor.

I think his size has been getting a good bit exaggerated, nearly straight after the Aldo fight when the RDA fight was announced and before Conor even started camp people were saying he was looking huge. If you look back at old photos you will see very little difference. He was a bit leaner then he normally is for Aldo cut but other then that he looks the same as ever to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Don't think he looks much bigger at all, maybe 3 or 4 pounds. Gunni still looks a good bit heavier then him and he walks around at 5-10 pounds heavier then Conor.

I think his size has been getting a good bit exaggerated, nearly straight after the Aldo fight when the RDA fight was announced and before Conor even started camp people were saying he was looking huge. If you look back at old photos you will see very little difference. He was a bit leaner then he normally is for Aldo cut but other then that he looks the same as ever to me.
    Gunnar has that solid kinda look though, was saying that before. Conor looks a lot smaller than him cos he's so toned and lean, Gunnar has that Icelandic build, just solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

John Kavanagh on The42.ie:
    Speaking of welterweights, I’ve seen that rumours of Conor fighting Robbie Lawler for the 170lbs belt at UFC 200 on 9 July have been gathering momentum. It’s not something we have discussed specifically but after Conor wins the lightweight belt, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the next fight is for the welterweight belt.

If that’s what Conor wants to do, I’ll absolutely support that move. I think that would be fantastic. We’re already talking about making history in a few weeks, but can you imagine what it will be like if Conor is the champion in three weight classes by the summer?

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Anyone going to UFC 196 get learning the lyrics

"With a left straight down the pipe, I saw who won the fight. Mcgregor proved his might there's only one,There's only one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

The Internet would blow up if he got that fight, imagine. It would be glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Devastator wrote: »
    Anyone going to UFC 196 get learning the lyrics

"With a left straight down the pipe, I saw who won the fight. Mcgregor proved his might there's only one,There's only one! :D

That's actually really catchy! I like it a lot.

I'm all for Conor having a pop at Lawler after RDA but any talk is premature, focus should be 100% on RDA and he shouldn't even acknowledge rumours or have Lawler anywhere in his mind yet. I admire the ambition, but one step at a time.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    That's actually really catchy! I like it a lot.

lol! I thought it was funny. Nothing compared to some of the old football world cup songs. How about resurrecting a few of them for McGregor....Give him a lash Mac? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'm all for Conor having a pop at Lawler after RDA but any talk is premature, focus should be 100% on RDA and he shouldn't even acknowledge rumours or have Lawler anywhere in his mind yet. I admire the ambition, but one step at a time.

The rumour is that Conor lit up a few high level WW guys when sparing during the world press tour last year and that's were the idea to move to WW after LW came from.

How true this rumour is, I have no Idea but his heavier, better grappler of a team mate got ****ed up by a top level WW grappler so grains of salt and all that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I think all the talk of RDA looking soft/pudgy are gone now. The man looks in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

lol! I thought it was funny. Nothing compared to some of the old football world cup songs. How about resurrecting a few of them for McGregor....Give him a lash Mac? :pac:

Yeah, it's not a song you're gonna belt out in the stands or pubs before a fight but it's actually a proper song you'd hear on the radio etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

RDA is the most tested fighter on the roster. Everyone said "lets see how he looks when fighting Cowboy post usada" and he looked great. Now we have people analysing each pic of him with the narrative being "is he still on or off?". Bit unfair no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

This talk of Welterweight annoys me a bit. The best Division in UFC with at least 5 solid contenders and Conor would get to jump every one of them into a title fight. Grossly unfair imo. I think he would beat Lawlor and thats as a huge lawlor fan, however he would have serious trouble against Maia Mcdonald , wonderboy etc whom he is just going to skip.

I think he beats RDA and that will be the lightweight roster skipped, i dont want to see it at Welterweight aswell, make him work his way up like everyone else.

This talk of Welterweight annoys me a bit. The best Division in UFC with at least 5 solid contenders and Conor would get to jump every one of them into a title fight. Grossly unfair imo. I think he would beat Lawlor and thats as a huge lawlor fan, however he would have serious trouble against Maia Mcdonald , wonderboy etc whom he is just going to skip.

I think he beats RDA and that will be the lightweight roster skipped, i dont want to see it at Welterweight aswell, make him work his way up like everyone else.

Nobody brings his numbers though so the ufc cash in by letting him fight who he wants can you imagine the number for a ppv with McGregor v Lawler after he ko's RDA,all they care about is the ppv buys you gotta accept the ufc is ran as entertainment theres no ranking system its who ever makes sense business wise they match.

akelly02 wrote: »

Why does it annoy you at all? Its only rumours at present. Nothing official or definte has been announced so your getting upset over something which IMO won't happen anytime(within the next year) soon. It seems quite daft to get annoyed by rumours. IF it happens then certainly be annoyed if thats how you feel but at this point in time you are just wasting your time getting annoyed over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nobody brings his numbers though so the ufc cash in by letting him fight who he wants can you imagine the number for a ppv with McGregor v Lawler after he ko's RDA,all they care about is the ppv buys you gotta accept the ufc is ran as entertainment theres no ranking system its who ever makes sense business wise they match.

Spot on, it's exactly why you see fighters getting passed over numerous times because either it won't do big numbers or it will be boring. The ufc are there to match make the most exciting fights that will make the most money, the majority of time it will be fights that might not make sense ranking wise but make sense bank wise.

• Advertisement

Why does it annoy you at all? Its only rumours at present. Nothing official or definte has been announced so your getting upset over something which IMO won't happen anytime(within the next year) soon. It seems quite daft to get annoyed by rumours. IF it happens then certainly be annoyed if thats how you feel but at this point in time you are just wasting your time getting annoyed over nothing.

But i thought if the great one says it then it must be true?

Seriously though he has said it and we all know he is eyeing it up, who wouldnt to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement