Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Gamebred wrote: »
    He is a war lord,a god of unarmed combat in its purest form.

He would chew up and spit outGozer the Gozerian and use Zuul as his toothpick

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

akelly02 wrote: »
    Just looked at it there and i was expecting a lot worse from your description tbh.

The same here.

If you give it you got to be able to take it so I've no probs with sports stars telling people where to go if that person is just there to wind them up.

He did say he was going to wear that patch on his shorts that got him in trouble the last time so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

xtal191 wrote: »
    I've always thought Cowboy Cerrone was a twat

He always seems like he's trying too hard to be the "cool guy" to me.

In that Q&A, how many times did he say unprovoked that he likes to drink beer even when he shouldn't be?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Well he can't wear a T-Shirt with the Bud logo on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Devastator wrote: »
    He would chew up and spit outGozer the Gozerian and use Zuul as his toothpick

Gozer is stuck in the... Marshmallow? No movement, down in the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha looks like he's in cerrone's head now

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

By any chance can anyone recommend anywhere that shows UFC events live in Paris. Will be over there during the fight and would prefer to watch the card live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

14murphy wrote: »
    By any chance can anyone recommend anywhere that shows UFC events live in Paris. Will be over there during the fight and would prefer to watch the card live.
    Corcorans Irish pub might for the Conor fight,not sure about other UFC fights though.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Corcorans Irish pub might for the Conor fight,not sure about other UFC fights though.
    Thanks sent them an email. Have tried a few places with no luck sadly. Really don't wanna watch it in the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

14murphy wrote: »

It will be on at about close to 6 am Paris time i'd imagine - Stream it on an Ipad/ Laptop from your hotel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Conor was in karma in Galway last night before flying out today. Mate of mine met him there.

Hoki wrote: »
    It will be on at about close to 6 am Paris time i'd imagine - Stream it on an Ipad/ Laptop from your hotel?

Yeh, thats my other option but I would prefer to get out and watch it with others.

No wonder Conor has been so quiet recently. How is anyone supposed to think of a comeback to such insightful trash talking videos like this one from RDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

The fight isnt that far away now,there should be a thread on his next fight,mods?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/pictured-conor-mcgregor-meeting-fans-7410927

What is he doing in Galway supermacs 13 days before a world title fight....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Supermacs 5oz burger is worth it

By January 2017

CbHkhuRWIAEy6GM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/pictured-conor-mcgregor-meeting-fans-7410927

What is he doing in Galway supermacs 13 days before a world title fight....

He was in Angel's Strip Club on Leeson Street Dublin on Friday night too. He's just getting his body adjusted to Vegas time is all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It'll obviously be ramped up soon, but I'm still surprised at the lack of real buzz that there is about this fight so far less than two weeks out.

There's the return of Anderson Silva next weekend also so it may not be until fight week before it really gets going.

It's also unfortunate as dos Anjos has got off very lightly with media so far which is McGregor's bread and butter. I hope media is significantly increased over the next fortnight as it gives Conor an advantage.

I think people's opinion's change once someone or a team win something.

I don't think there's going to be the same buzz as there was for the Mendes or Aldo fight again for McGregor in Ireland, unless he ends up fighting in Ireland.

So much easier for the neutrals to get excited for a fight against someone who hasn't been beaten in 10 years and had beaten nearly everyone, maybe even everyone, in the top section of the division. McGregor was the underdog, in theory anyway. Plus there was the long lead in to the fight.

He's now won the belt and it's harder for neutrals to get as interested.

The July fight against Aldo I'm guessing was like an Italia 90 moment that can't really be recreated again. Even when he did eventually fight Aldo there was a bit of a different feel about it as we'd been there before with Mendes.

• Advertisement

Yeah the people who arent fans who I know stayed up and watched the Aldo fight (muppets) were crying about it being over in 13 seconds they said never again so cant see it being a big as deal this time with as many neutrals interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How far up in weight classes can conor go? Surely lw is as far as he can even though I think he'd have good chance against Robbie, Robbie seems happy to hit. Conor I think could put him away.

Rda is gonna be a tough fight, can't see RDA standing with him and if he puts conor on his back it's a whole different world than where Mendes took him. He's a lot bigger and stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

dave1982 wrote: »
    How far up in weight classes can conor go? Surely lw is as far as he can even though I think he'd have good chance against Robbie, Robbie seems happy to hit. Conor I think could put him away.

Rda is gonna be a tough fight, can't see RDA standing with him and if he puts conor on his back it's a whole different world than where Mendes took him. He's a lot bigger and stronger

He could potentially make one or two favourable match ups at ww.Lawler the champion as dangerous as he is,is probably one of the favourable match ups.

But there is no conceivable way he can stay at ww.Rory,Meia,Woodley fighters like this would just have their way easily with Conor,the only reason Lawlor is favourable is because you know he always stands and trades so its gonna be a stand up fight.

In fairness if he does somehow dispatch RDA easily which is a big ask but if he does, UFC 200 Conor v Lawlor would be an historic stand up war,but win or lose Conor would have to go back to lw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

If Conor beats RDA then I fully expect him to relinquish the Featherweight belt and fight Lawlor at UFC 200. That would've sounded mad a few months ago but from bits and pieces I've read and listening to interviews I'd actually be surprised if it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If he does beat RDA then there is a chance he could retire, go out on top, enjoy his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

JJayoo wrote: »
    If he does beat RDA then there is a chance he could retire, go out on top, enjoy his life.

He's only after saying he's contracted to do UFC 200 and then he wants to have a few fights on the east coast, then Dublin hopefully. I know he's said in the past he wants to make his money and get out, but I think he sees a few more years ahead of him in this business. I can only see him retiring once he loses two in a row.

And lose out on millions upon millions to do what he loves? there is zero chance of him retiring after the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

This is what I believe and what he always stated was the plan
    That is if he has 25 million
    But if he gets film or something he might feel it's easier than loosing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

And lose out on millions upon millions to do what he loves? there is zero chance of him retiring after the fight.

Yeah I hope he dosent as well but he might

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I think they just announced the main card.

RDA VS McGregor
    Holm vs Tate
    Villante vs Latifi
    Anderson vs Lawlor
    Nunes vs Shevchenko

Brandon Tatch and Diego Sanchez's respective fights will be prelims if I read it correctly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement