Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Myrddin wrote: »
    Will there even be a fight though? Conor wants belts, so unless they do what happened for Aldo & create an interim one, there's everything to lose & nothing to gain for Conor...

Hes losing out on potentially 15m in earnings not being on the ppv card,he will want a fight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

@arielhelwani
    Spoke to Cerrone’s mgmt team this morning. They are interested in taking the fight. He’s on the shortlist, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Khabib, please God Khabib.

This...for the interim belt. Has to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Cowboy Vs. Mcgregor for the interim belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gamebred wrote: »
    Hes losing out on potentially 15m in earnings not being on the ppv card,he will want a fight.

True, at this point I think it's the history books he's chasing rather than $$$ though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

McGregor beats Diaz anyday of the week. That's the fight that should be booked, for all we know RDA may only be out a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 red_eskimo

Even if a replacement is found the fight would be co-main, with Holm-Tate taking the top spot. Would the UFC let Conor fight in a card where he's not the main event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

There will be no interim belt

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Cowboy Vs. Mcgregor for the interim belt

Cowboy is fighting for no belt,In his dreams would they give him a shot at even an interim after getting steam rolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Fighting for interim belt a bit of a joke. RDA defended it less than two months ago and Cowboy sparked in a minute. The thought that he could wear it is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think the interim stuff was a joke...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Why the fúck would there be an interim belt?

That idea is just as stupid as Conor steamrolling Robbie

Pettis manager says hes game,Id like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

2 week camp deja vu :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

LOL at all the people mocking the possibility of an interim belt because RDA only defended it 2 months ago but have been slabbering for the last 2 months that Conor should give up his belt for not defending it straight away

big massive :rolleyes:

There will be a fight. I'm hoping its Nate Diaz. I'm gutted through after spending so much to go

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Brain dead Brazilians training so hard so close to a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Cerrone jumps in, massive respect to him. Had a bad loss against RDA, came back and fought only the other day, and is willing to go again in 11 days time.

I'd love for it to be Diaz, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any merit/chance in him getting fined?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Brain dead Brazilians training so hard so close to a fight

Thats 6 of his last 12 opponents pulled out,he annoys people so much I reckon they go and overtrain,I wish he was nicer to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

everlast75 wrote: »
    Any merit/chance in him getting fined?

Who and for what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Michael Chiesa

The Company is on its knee's as he says,this card is garbage will do no buys without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Whoever jumps in (if there still is a fight for Conor) - they will no doubt make the lack of training time an excuse when they are probably beat - my preference would be Diaz first, then Cerrone and finally Pettis. Havent heard anything from Diaz camp though.

Damn, damn, damn...

However bad we are feeling, imagine what Dana and co. are going through - I would say this will definitely hit to PPV figures...

So UFC 200 is prob Conor v RDA - with all that WW talk now put away for the time being.

Interim belt talk is stupid imo

this is strange I think, first aldo 2 weeks out now RDA 2 weeks out.
    is it a broken foot? strain? twist? etc.

when are they supposed to submit bloods etc, I know nothing of these matters but could this have somethin to do with it?

if a champ failed a test, what happens?? disaster, much easier to fake injury for white etc and rematch it later down the road.

there was a lot of speculation about the size Diff in aldo finally on his fight night when he was sparked out. I always though RDA was like an energiser bunny against pettis.

I'm not trying to sound like a crank but this is all too familiar, especially after aldo "breaking his rib"

how hard are you sparring etc that you break your foot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »
    The Company is on its knee's as he says,this card is garbage will do no buys without him.

Are there any appalling McGregor soundbites you don't re-hash on this thread?

Will gladly point out that I called out the likelihood/possibility of this happening weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Diego Sanchez anyone? He already has beef with Conor and is already in camp for the same card. No titles obviously but it can be an easy night's work for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How would Cowboy handle making weight? He has spent past two months trying to load it on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So frustrated with this i just wanna scream

Since the increased piss testing came in the brazilians have shown they just can't compete, and to make up for it they train so hard right up to the end, resulting in things like this.

Conor shouldn't take any fight, fcuk 'em all, i know he will, but all we'll hear from the Yanks and Sherdog is "xxx Would have won with a full camp"

Conor should really show how powerful he is now and refuse all opponents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Didn't RDA tweet he was finished camp yesterday? Must spar with moving busses in Brazil..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement