Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

This card goes down the drain without Conor fighting.

FFS i f88king knew something was going to happen after booking flights, least its not Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

How long is it likely to be until we hear whether McGregor will still fight, and who his opponent will be if so?

I agree but then there's always a hungrier guy in the wings, what a banana skin for him if he's beat. then how can he get his RDA shot again?? never.

RDA or nobody I'd say and that'll answer the question.

he could be forced though to cut back to 145 and take edgar?????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

JJayoo wrote: »
    How would Cowboy handle making weight? He has spent past two months trying to load it on

Completely forgot about this.

Would be almost as bad as McGregor losing weight to fight Frankie

Duff wrote: »
    Didn't RDA tweet he was finished camp yesterday? Must spar with moving busses in Brazil..

yup, something very wrong with this. we're not been given the full picture I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

rusty cole wrote: »

he could be forced though to cut back to 145 and take edgar?????

Would seriously struggle to make 145 now but Edgar is injured anyway and not happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Gamebred wrote: »
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/pictured-conor-mcgregor-meeting-fans-7410927

What is he doing in Galway supermacs 13 days before a world title fight....

Was Conor's preparation or this fight normal - he seemed to be doing a lot of partying and appearances around Ireland very close to the fight. Is it possible they knew some time ago the fight would be called off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Something very fishy about the whole thing

Someone on Reddit a month ago "predicted" that fight would be called off in dubious circumstance, with RDA pulling out, and Diaz stepping in. This allows them to put that fight on without cries of selecting fights for Conor, and then also hype up the title fight for UFC 200.

That's a little too much conspiracy for me, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Knex. wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit a month ago "predicted" that fight would be called off in dubious circumstance, with RDA pulling out, and Diaz stepping in. This allows them to put that fight on without cries of selecting fights for Conor, and then also hype up the title fight for UFC 200.

Well as Luke Thomas retweeted, this is the 10th Main/Co-Main event change in 2016.

Not hard to 'predict' an injury will occur these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

when are they supposed to submit bloods etc, I know nothing of these matters but could this have somethin to do with it?

You don't know anything about these matters but you're happy to comment on them. It's really not difficult information to find - RDA has already been tested 4 times by USADA in Q1 of 2016 (McGregor has been tested twice). Why would having to 'submit bloods' now have anything to do with him pulling out?

http://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Knex. wrote: »

I wouldn't like to accuse any of them of being involved in any conspiracy, but from the get go on here, I said something didn't feel right about it (anti climactic, low key announcment press conference) so I can empathise with the Reddit poster.

If I was to really look for a conspiracy though, I'd say the idea was to give McGregor a "safe" fight at LW (a suspicion I'll hold even more if it ends up being for interim belt) to let them build it even more for 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

this is strange I think, first aldo 2 weeks out now RDA 2 weeks out.
    is it a broken foot? strain? twist? etc.

He's broken his sphincter! Dubious circumstances alright, I'm raging :mad:
    TheTownie wrote: »
    Well as Luke Thomas retweeted, this is the 10th Main/Co-Main event change in 2016.

10th in 2016??? We're only in Feb! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TheTownie wrote: »

That is just crazy. Tommy Toe Hold Injury Bug episode incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Believe it or not injuries don't always happen due to hard training, in a matter of fact dropping the pace and been ultra careful can make you do different things that cause injuries so it is not as simple as about intensity, feet break very easy and could happen with tiny bang in wrong place.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They probably have not got a decent headliner for 200; cancel here and reschedule the fight seems the most sensible thing to do in that case.

Pity for all the people who were flying over for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

As lousy as this is to lads going over he should pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If we assume this ain't a conspiracy...

Aldo said he'd fight Conor belt or no belt on the line, the rematch at LW could be interesting. Don't expect it for a second, but it's something I'd like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

martyos121 wrote: »
    If we assume this ain't a conspiracy...

Aldo said he'd fight Conor belt or no belt on the line, the rematch at LW could be interesting. Don't expect it for a second, but it's something I'd like to see.

Aye, hard fight to sell but Aldo did say he was waiting for Conor and I believe he actually said he would be ready if RDA pulled out.

I can imagine he would fight at 155 possibly, just out of pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Tony Ferguson might be on the phone to Dana today. Would bring his fight forward but why not at 160 catch weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

I doubt he'll do a catch weight. Surely not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Aldo should not be allowed near a fight ffs he was ko' unconcious a few week ago he would probably end up brain damaged if they fought again so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

6 lines down lads:

https://twitter.com/josealdojunior/status/692475212349214724

"At any time, anywhere." Go on then Jose, let's see if you're a man of your word. It's the best option left IMO.

This was well before RDA pulled out, just thought I'd bring it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

What’s he doing smashing up his foot 11 days before the biggest fight of his life. Something’s not right about that. His training camp should be finished and he should be working on his cut. Train smart not hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jonders

fuming this fight has been cancelled!!! its kinda funny that it was only cancelled after conor flew out to the states?? something else lined up possibly?

Aldo rematch at 155 would be crazy good, but what is his history at making that weight? Then you've to factor the extremely short notice.

Think his only loss before McGregor was his only lightweight bout to date.

Can't see it.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Aldo should not be allowed near a fight ffs he was ko' unconcious a few week ago he would probably end up brain damaged if they fought again so soon.

That's true as well.

"Jose Aldo: suspended 60 days with no contact for 45 days for precautionary reasons"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

GiftofGab wrote: »
    What’s he doing smashing up his foot 11 days before the biggest fight of his life. Something’s not right about that. His training camp should be finished and he should be working on his cut. Train smart not hard.

feet are made up of tiny weak bones, these can break easily, if it happened 4 weeks out he'd still be out

This assumption he was doing mad training is silly, this could happen kicking an elbow doing v light moving about, falling on it wrong or in rolling with catching your foot under someone, movement sometimes causes injury, intensity is not a necessity for injury.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

cowzerp wrote: »
    feet are made up of tiny weak bones, these can break easily, if it happened 4 weeks out he'd still be out

This assumption he was doing mad training is silly, this could happen kicking an elbow doing v light moving about, falling on it wrong or in rolling with catching your foot under someone, movement sometimes causes injury, intensity is not a necessity for injury.

The meltdown when it happens in McGregor fight is annoying of course it's a b**tard but these things happen these things have always happened and will always happen but of course it's another fighter running scared to the Irish folk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement