Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Fuming...but what can you do that's MMA , people get injured and the fight gets ruined.

Obviously , we all still want to see and fight and the lads that have paid to go out there as well. Conor will want to fight , smart choice would be to refuse but I really don't think he will if someone like Diaz steps in.

Won't be Aldo , and Aldo at 155 I think would be another bloodbath for him , he looked soft against Conor at 145 for me.

cowzerp wrote: »
    feet are made up of tiny weak bones, these can break easily, if it happened 4 weeks out he'd still be out

This assumption he was doing mad training is silly, this could happen kicking an elbow doing v light moving about, falling on it wrong or in rolling with catching your foot under someone, movement sometimes causes injury, intensity is not a necessity for injury.

Ah c'mere - you can't be coming in here talking sense like that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Porier at 155 anyone...or irish Joe???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Logistically, you'd have to think that it would be mad for someone to take the fight when you consider all the circumstances.

Financially, however..., "Its a whole other ball game".

I'm hoping the pay day McGregor gives will entice Diaz, or similar, out to fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Norman Parke looking it too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

bmcc10 wrote: »

Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Perfect time for Norman to cash in his Money In The Bank shot.

Go home Norman your drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Diaz would 100% fail the drug test and fuck things up further

Not for peds though, he has a well known love for Mary Jane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Norman Parke could you imagine :D Diaz and Cerrone the only realistic ones I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Norman Parke could you imagine :D Diaz and Cerrone the only realistic ones I'd think.

Pettis could be interesting also...and Khabib!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can't see Aldo happening.

If McGregor wins it kills the rematch for the FW belt. If Aldo won it would kill McGregor's LW shot.

If a McGregor fight goes ahead (and I think it will), it will be against someone interesting, but not too dangerous.

Nate Diaz ticks all the boxes. He's dangerous on the ground but arrogant enough to stand and trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Seen a few tweets that Cowboy has offered to take it.

I think Diaz is the best option hes not a waster who goes and gets fat really between camps he runs marathons for fun him and Nick are known for their cardio training so least he wouldnt gas easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Diaz/Cerrone/Alvarez

if all else fails (which won't when the dollar signs appear) then I would say they will do what they did to Hoolahan for the dublin card and bump diego sanchez up to main event. he is preparing at that weight etc so easy transition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I reckon fights scrapped till UFC 200. Question is will they risk conor fighting and getting injured and him being out for few months and he misses 200.

dave1982 wrote: »
    I reckon fights scrapped till UFC 200. Question is will they risk conor fighting and getting injured and him being out for few months and he misses 200.

$$$$$$ and PPV buys , which will plumet if Conor isn't on the card as it'#s already poor enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't see what's in it for Conor:

less money to be made (not a title fight)
    risk of defeat, which means no subsequent title shot
    risk of injury, delayed shot at the title

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Myrddin wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »

He mind is bulletproof theres no way hes would even entertain them thoughts in his mind,still guaranteed a fortune for fighting on the card reguardless of who its against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gamebred wrote: »
    He mind is bulletproof theres no way hes would even entertain them thoughts in his mind

No doubting that, I suppose not having Conor's undeniable confidence that I'm looking at this from the point of view of a mere mortal :o
    still guaranteed a fortune for fighting on the card reguardless of who its against.

Is it worth the risk though, a title shot at UFC200 would certainly blow the top off all records?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Pettis is available for sure.
    Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 3m3 minutes ago
    Just spoke to @malkikawa, @showtimepettis’; manager, and he said they have reached out to the UFC this AM. They want the McGregor fight, too.

Pettis is the biggest fight available so if its all about PPV and $$$ thats the one to go for.

Ko's somebody else in highlight reel fashion surely it makes ufc 200 even bigger then? Getting someone without a camp is help too Pettis Diaz or Cowboy are no bums full camp or not but I dont see any them having much trouble for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd probably prefer Pettis over Diaz, too.

Half the craic with Diaz would be letting the two of them **** talk for months prior to the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pettis is coming off two loses, that could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Isn't Pettis on a medical suspension? I would watch any of the names floated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Everybody and anybody wants that fight, regardless what condition that they are in currently...its a serious payday. Chad Mendes got $400K for taking the fight on short notice.

The fighter who gets picked for this fight could potentially make more in one night than in their entire career combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Cerrone should be by far the biggest draw for PPV.

I'm sure as soon as the news broke Cerrone started a cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Davei141 wrote: »
    Isn't Pettis on a medical suspension? I would watch any of the names floated.

Shít you're right. 180 day suspension. Unless there is some way around that I don't know about, thats a no go.

Maybe there is since Pettis' management are contacting UFC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement