Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

xtal191 wrote: »

Supposedly they refused Khabib, I'm guessing theres gonna be a load of bull**** rumours for the next 24hrs.

I've out my name into the hat for this fight with the UFC and so has my dog.

Red Panty Night here I come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

CatFromHue wrote: »

On the plus side, you've already got a persona ready to go!

90-bk2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

What's RDA's history like of pulling out injured? it's slightly curious....possibly strategic, gets a chance to have a look at an unknown potentially very dangerous opponent in the weight class before UFC 200.....if he'd have lost it would have been extremely embarrassing for him....McGregor loses against whoever that fights out the window, he wins at the very least he's had a proper look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

I don't think I picked what I wanted from your post. I get your point that you think it would be a better career move for him to pull. My response was that whether or not it would be a good career move is a moot point because there is no way he will pull and I gave the reasons why. That is all.

Yeah he has no form for pulling out and leaving fans screwed,but since the foot isn't too bad seemingly,waiting and making this rematch at UFC 200 just seems like the smart move,taking a risky fight and losing,this shot at history disappears along with the superfight.

The smart move is to pull out here but like i said it doesn't look like its happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

sonofenoch wrote: »
    What's RDA's history like of pulling out injured? it's slightly curious....possibly strategic, gets a chance to have a look at an unknown potentially very dangerous opponent in the weight class before UFC 200.....if he'd have lost it would have been extremely embarrassing for him....McGregor loses against whoever that fights out the window, he wins at the very least he's had a proper look

...................Do people actually believe this ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

They all talk a big game yet none of them dare fight him unless 100% in their prime physical condition gas game,I think any excuse they have to get away from the Circus they take or would take,

RDA about to get a 7 figure pay cheque you have one job get their safe and he fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

In the past 19 months mcgregor has fought for a total of 8 mins 50 seconds. All that hype and sh1te talk for 8 mins 50 seconds of action. What a farce this sport is.

Gamebred wrote: »
    They all talk a big game yet none of them dare fight him unless 100% in their prime physical condition gas game,I think any excuse they have to get away from the Circus they take or would take,

RDA about to get a 7 figure pay cheque you have one job get their safe and he fails.

FFS he broke his foot. Do you not want him to train just to make the fight.

In the past 19 months mcgregor has fought for a total of 8 mins 50 seconds. All that hype and sh1te talk for 8 mins 50 seconds of action. What a farce this sport is.

A farce yet you've managed seek and find a mma forum to write about him,good man.

FFS he broke his foot. Do you not want him to train just to make the fight.

Im not talking about him specifically,Im talking Aldo (could've fought) even going back to Cole Miller crying about a sore finger,its pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SteM

No, it'd be a farce if he talked **** and didn't show up. He's showing up and finishing fights quickly. What's wrong with that?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Im not talking about him specifically,Im talking Aldo (could've fought) even going back to Cole Miller crying about a sore finger,its pathetic.

Aldo could not of faught, When the ufc spread that he could, he threatened to sue them for slander and the ufc shut up. Very telling

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Whoever jumps in (if there still is a fight for Conor) - they will no doubt make the lack of training time an excuse when they are probably beat - my preference would be Diaz first, then Cerrone and finally Pettis. Havent heard anything from Diaz camp though.

Damn, damn, damn...

However bad we are feeling, imagine what Dana and co. are going through - I would say this will definitely hit to PPV figures...

So UFC 200 is prob Conor v RDA - with all that WW talk now put away for the time being.

Interim belt talk is stupid imo
    My heart is bleeding for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

SteM wrote: »
    No, it'd be a farce if he talked **** and didn't show up. He's showing up and finishing fights quickly. What's wrong with that?

The fact he has a fight for 10 seconds and they don't arrange another for 3 months then it gets cancelled!!! Or some mercenary will be thrown in at the last minute to put on a show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Dont take the bait guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

...................Do people actually believe this ****e?

It's just a hypothesis .....

"According to multiple sources, dos Anjos suffered a broken left foot last Friday, forcing him to pull out of the lightweight title fight against McGregor. The Brazilian was hoping the injury would get better over the weekend but when it didn't his team had to make the call to cancel the fight on Monday."

how does a fking broken foot heal over the course of a weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The begrudgery is strong in this one.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    It's just a hypothesis .....

"According to multiple sources, dos Anjos suffered a broken left foot last Friday, forcing him to pull out of the lightweight title fight against McGregor. The Brazilian was hoping the injury would get better over the weekend but when it didn't his team had to make the call to cancel the fight on Monday."

how does a fking broken foot heal over the course of a weekend?

probably hurt it, checked it over the weekend, xrayd monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The fact he has a fight for 10 seconds and they don't arrange another for 3 months then it gets cancelled!!! Or some mercenary will be thrown in at the last minute to put on a show.

Mercenary, you're a gas fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭Goose81

Billy86 wrote: »
    The begrudgery is strong in this one.

Do you know what begrudgery means? How is him complaining about the length of fight time begrudgery

• Advertisement

yeah ****ing idiot fighters expecting to get paid for fighting, unlike those monk boxers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I reckon it's gonna be Cowboy. Nate's not in camp so I don't really see him making weight at such short notice considering he's had problems before.

Cowboy didn't look much bigger in his last fight and is supposedly only 174 now so that's a standard weight cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

If Cerrone gets announced its a walk over for mcgregor imo, cowboy just starts to slow and mcgregor will tear into the body and end it early. Will set up a bigger fight with RDA though for ufc 200.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

I'm not one to say professional fighters pull out of fights because they are scared, but they must be so scared that they're training too hard? 6 of his last 12 opponents pulled due to injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Every man and his dog is calling out McGregor today. Manny Gamburyan, Evan Dunham and Chris Wade all appealing for it on twitter!

I can only see it being Cowboy or Nate and I think Cowboy is the frontrunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

ceecee14 wrote: »
    I'm not one to say professional fighters pull out of fights because they are scared, but they must be so scared that they're training too hard? 6 of his last 12 opponents pulled due to injury

They aint scared ffs, he is a champion in his own right. IT's not some buck with no fight experience ffs

I cant wait to hear Conor comment on Frankie and Aldo turning it down,Frankie especially he is going to tear into them the supposed fighter hes been protected from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

CatFromHue wrote: »

Tony Ferguson was originally supposed to fight on this card but it got pulled to fight Khabib in April. Khabib said he would not be ready until April.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement