Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/23/11100154/pros-line-up-on-twitter-for-shot-at-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-196

Some of the people trying to get that fight are hilarious. Diego Sanchez, Chris Wade, Unranked over the hill bantamweight Manny ****ing Gamburyan! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Gamebred wrote: »
    Have to laugh at people saying Diaz is an easier fight than cowboy,you do realise Nate absolutely lit up Cowboy up like a christmas tree,what ever about either of their chances they would be the best fighters conor has ever fought outside of 13 secs with Aldo,

And both are very decent grapplers even tho their known as strikers Id be happy to see either fight.

I honestly think Conor finishes both inside 2 rounds and makes it look easy. Cowboy almost always starts slowly; he'll likely be on his back looking at the ref wondering what happened after 90s.

Diaz is undoubtedly the better boxer (of Cowboy and Diaz), and I think could take Conor into the second round, but our man McG is undeniably on another level. Conor is quicker, physically stronger, and has better conditioning than Diaz. I would bet big on an early Conor KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Nate get it, he's a draw and a very good matchup for Conor. There are a lot of guys who are potentially very bad matchups for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Am I the only person here that's concerned about dos anjos pulling out because of doping issues and just blames a "broken foot".

Not the first time the ufc would cover up a doping violation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Am I the only person here that's concerned about dos anjos pulling out because of doping issues and just blames a "broken foot".

Not the first time the ufc would cover up a doping violation

Probably not the only one, people get all kinds of **** in their heads regardless of whether it would be a reasonable thought or not.

You know RDA has been tested 4 times in the build up? (Conor twice in case you were wondering)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ok to stop all the RDA is pussing out and injury is not real. According to Ariel helwani RDA contacted the UFC yesterday to let them know bout his foot.UFC sent him to a doctors who confirmed his foot is injured and must await swelling to go down to confirm break. He has been told to put NO pressure on foot for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I honestly think Conor finishes both inside 2 rounds and makes it look easy. Cowboy almost always starts slowly; he'll likely be on his back looking at the ref wondering what happened after 90s.

Diaz is undoubtedly the better boxer (of Cowboy and Diaz), and I think could take Conor into the second round, but our man McG is undeniably on another level. Conor is quicker, physically stronger, and has better conditioning than Diaz. I would bet big on an early Conor KO.

That I wouldn't agree with. The Diaz brothers have cardio for days, they're ridiculously fit, more so I'd imagine than anyone in the UFC.

I don't know many other fighters that do triathlons for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That I wouldn't agree with. The Diaz brothers have cardio for days, they're ridiculously fit, more so I'd imagine than anyone in the UFC.

I don't know many other fighters that do triathlons for the craic.

Not on 11 days notice with McGregor having trained for a 5 round battle with RDA.

Thought it was strange when McGregor was out in Galway but must have heard the news and wanted to blow off some steam.

Apparently the offer to Diaz isn't in the ballpark to what it needs to be for Nate to make 155 on this notice according to a very reliable source on twitter, I'd imagine the UFC will pay up. Nate deserves huge money for taking this fight on 11 days notice.

On the fight if it happens. I think while Diaz is a slow starter I could see him having a small bit of success in the first minute or two, But I think McGregor would make light enough work of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Journo quoting dana saying he's still undecided if it will be for interim belt but it will still be main event and at 155.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Journo quoting dana saying he's still undecided if it will be for interim belt but it will still be main event and at 155.

The mere fact that he would consider it being for an interim belt shows you how pathetic an organisation it is/has become.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

Will be an absolute joke if theres an interim belt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

xtal191 wrote: »
    Will be an absolute joke if theres an interim belt

Its all about making history bro! First fighter to win an interim title in two weight classes! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lads they have cm punk due to fight inside the octagon,last week a journalist was fighting against micky gall does it really surprise ye? wwe stuff its all aimed towards the yanks who will buy into anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Why isn't Eddie Alvarez being mentioned.Surely he was next in line to fight winner of Anjos v McGregor.

McGregor v Alvarez and winner faces Anjos at 200.

But I agree Diaz and Cowboy are the money fights.The **** talk for the next 2 weeks between McGregor and Diaz would be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Why isn't Eddie Alvarez being mentioned.Surely he was next in line to fight winner of Anjos v McGregor.

McGregor v Alvarez and winner faces Anjos at 200.

But I agree Diaz and Cowboy are the money fights.The **** talk for the next 2 weeks between McGregor and Diaz would be epic.

The next title shot will be the winner of Khabib and Ferguson.

Im thinking its cowboy or nobody now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Diaz is the fight it seems. Unconfirmed but said to be negotiating.

The weight issue is stopping that,Diaz cant do 155 so no bueno.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

What weight would Diaz be at now do ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

TheTownie wrote: »
    Its all about making history bro! First fighter to win an interim title in two weight classes! :pac:

Has anyone seen Dennis Siver lately? Can he make 155? Title shot in it for him if he wins!

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    The weight issue is stopping that,Diaz cant do 155 so no bueno.

What makes you think that? He only had problems cutting when he wasn't taking it seriously. His cut last time was only a few lbs by all accounts and he's been keeping fit the last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm not sure how they could potentially justify Diaz/McGregor as main event and keep Tate/Holm at co-main unless they're seriously thinking of doing an interim belt... which is ludicrous thinking in itself.

What makes you think that? He only had problems cutting when he wasn't taking it seriously. His cut last time was only a few lbs by all accounts and he's been keeping fit the last year anyway.

Someone of his team said he wont be making it,they want 165 catch weight which would lead me to believe hes a good way away from 155,think its his conditioning coach or something seen on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

would love to see ferguson get the nod myself even though no chance
    that would be a fun fight
    khabib needless to say will be kept well away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm not sure how they could potentially justify Diaz/McGregor as main event and keep Tate/Holm at co-main unless they're seriously thinking of doing an interim belt... which is ludicrous thinking in itself.

Its another weird situation but i think you just have to go with the womens title co main without any interim,its such a mess if you ask me,Diaz now looks to be well away.They should just re do this fight at 200 and pull Conor from the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I admire Conor wanting to fight anybody and the fact that he'll want to ensure that the travelling fans get to see him in action but it's turned into such a mess that I don't think they'll have any option but to stick this fight on the 200 card.

Faber trolling on Instagram, standing on a scale at 158 and ripped offering to step in.

He knows they won't give it to him so it's grand to throw it out there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCJFKZ1s4mJ/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

That_Guy wrote: »

I thinks its a straight forward question for the UFC. Which headliner will generate the most PPV buys.

If they think a non-title Conor McGregor fight will help sell more PPVs than a Holly Holm title fight then they won't hesitate to it that way.

Really McGregor headlining is the safer bet given Holm headlining is untested waters for the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

This really is starting to turn into a complete mess! They have offered it to 2 fighters, Aldo & Edgar, both of whom have said they'll fight Conor anywhere, anytime - now they're offered and they refuse.

Every other fighter within a weight division or 2 is posturing for the fight. Apparently Diaz has been offered and can only make 10lbs above lightweight. Cowboy's running on a treadmill, Faber who is supposedly a Bantamweight is weighing in already. The longer UFC take to sort this out, the bigger a joke it will become!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Faber trolling on Instagram, standing on a scale at 158 and ripped offering to step in.

Welcome to 3 hours ago :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement