Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Its so Fake though.

Look at the grin on Poirers face in this video. Keeps trying to look serious but cant.

Conors just a better actor than Poirer.

http://instagram.com/p/tYg5ccvKX3/

Still gonna be a good fight hopefully.

Cant wait to see Mighty Mouse...... Said no one ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Its so Fake though.

Look at the grin on Poirers face in this video. Keeps trying to look serious but cant.

Conors just a better actor than Poirer.

http://instagram.com/p/tYg5ccvKX3/

Still gonna be a good fight hopefully.

Cant wait to see Mighty Mouse...... Said no one ever.

Nah, it's not fake. There's a grin alright but it's not a fake acting grin. It's the grin of a guy who wants to rip someone's head off.

Fighters need to be smarter than to be letting Conor rile them up. Conor isn't riled up at all. When Conor is acting aggressive while facing off and looking to start the action there and then, he's just winding Poirier up. And Poirier falls for it. Once they're backstage, Poirier is angry and is probably wearing himself out in training every day thinking about how he's gonna kill McGregor. Meanwhile, McGregor is backstage eating blueberries and has his eyes on the prize!

McGregor's the matador and Poirier is the bull! Poirier is gonna come out trying to hurt McGregor and that's exactly what McGregor wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/447564/Conor-McGregor-rumored-to-have-a-hand-injury/ - injured hand? I know it was wrapped up in the embedded video. But surely someone would have seem this and asked him about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I doubt it's anything more than the wear and tear all athletes must end up fighting with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i know this is the McGregor thread.

But how intense is that Zingano chick. She'd straight up tear your head off. She is certainly someone you wouldnt act the eejit with!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i know this is the McGregor thread.

But how intense is that Zingano chick. She'd straight up tear your head off. She is certainly someone you wouldnt act the eejit with!!!

Some body on her though!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

T-K-O wrote: »
    This Youtube comment cracked me up

'look i know connor will win but ****! UFC NO HESPECT NOBODY... THEY NO HESPECT DUSTIN THEY NO HESPECT NOTHING.'
    Some good old tommy toe hold comedy :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

One of the best interviews of JK I've ever read/seen/heard. Figured some people might dig it....

http://www.openmatradio.com/WP/JohnKavanagh.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Looking as big as every!

10678579_934244309925801_2932860737887812954_n.jpg?oh=016f202e214af122569b77ece93dfd96&oe=54C43ECE&__gda__=1422359336_04622ddf31739cbf3cf1b80fa5453e68

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Any video?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Poirier played the weigh in well. Looking forward to the fisticuffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

califano wrote: »
    Poirier played the weigh in well. Looking forward to the fisticuffs.

Didnt play it too well imo roaring into the crowd,but hey maybe dustin is trolling us all and hes putting an act on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

wheres the best site to watch this tommorow without any spoilerssmile.png

Huge pop for Conor at 14mins when Gareth Davies asks the fighters what they think of how hes acting etc. All 4 seem to like him especially Pettis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Loved the guy who asked that question getting no reaction to his joke after he brought up McGregor's name. Poor lad got his hopes up.

Pettis, Hendricks & Gil all pick Conor to win, Robbie went with Dustin. Everyone outside of Conors weightclass seems to have alot of love for him!

ASOT wrote: »
    Pettis, Hendricks & Gil all pick Conor to win, Robbie went with Dustin. Everyone outside of Conors weightclass seems to have alot of love for him!

Anthony especially, I presume he appreciates how technical Conor is being arguably the most technical striker in the UFC himself.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Anthony especially, I presume he appreciates how technical Conor is being arguably the most technical striker in the UFC himself.

Yeah Pettis jumped straight into that question with love for Conor it was great to see, maybe people in other divisions are glad they wont have to face him :p

Also it seems easy enough to get some free tickets if you manage to get to the Q&A :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah Pettis jumped straight into that question with love for Conor it was great to see, maybe people in other divisions are glad they wont have to face him :p

Conor is a big FW though, he could make the jump to LW easily

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Just seen that vegas have McGregor as a 2/1 underdog for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Conor is a big FW though, he could make the jump to LW easily

John Kavanagh said recently that he expects conor to win the LW and WW belts in the future.

I don't know how realistic WW is, even though in a recent photo taken when sparring with Gunnar, they looked the same size.

I think Conor would definitely be competitive at LW though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

No chance at WW, that's 25 pounds above Featherweight. Most of those guys probably walk around at 200+ pounds.

Let's worry about FW for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dunston wrote: »

wish we could get them odds here

John Kavanagh said recently that he expects conor to win the LW and WW belts in the future.

I don't know how realistic WW is, even though in a recent photo taken when sparring with Gunnar, they looked the same size.

I think Conor would definitely be competitive at LW though.
    He placed a caveat on the WW title of it happening only under a special set of circumstances.

Conor walks around 165-170 and Gunni at 175 so no doubt Conor looks near the same size as Gunni.

I actually rhink Gunni's size will be his downfall vs the best of the best in the top 5 of WW which has really good wresters.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

scudzilla wrote: »
    wish we could get them odds here

wouldn't vegas be more in the know about ufc than the european bookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kinggo99

Dunston wrote: »

Not that im disagreeing with you but where did you just see it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Conor is best priced -271 in vegas right now,dustin is plus +250 or 5/2 to be precise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kinggo99

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Conor is best priced -271 in vegas right now,dustin is plus +250 or 5/2 to be precise.

Thats what i would have thought myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement