Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Vegas have McGregor as a massive favourite. He's around -275 to Poirier +250. The americans have a strange way of expressing odds. That reads as having to stake $275 dollars on McGregor to win $100 and stake $40 on Poirier to win $100. So they have McGregor about a 1/3 fav and Poirier 5/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

kinggo99 wrote: »
    Not that im disagreeing with you but where did you just see it?

Apologies I was looking at opening prices on oddsshark.com, he opened up underdog but is now the fav

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Anything can happen in mma not a sport to bet heavily on,I lumped on tj to knock joe soto out last time expecting it wouldnt last 2 rounds and I was left sweating for nearly 5 rounds to collect on an even money winner,wouldnt bother with a bet on conor will be happy enough if he wins odds to short for my liking specially for an interest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Conor is best priced -271 in vegas right now,dustin is plus +250 or 5/2 to be precise.

Can you explain how the Vegas odds work? I'm used to 1/2 and 5/2 etc, but the +/-100 etc does my head in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Can you explain how the Vegas odds work? I'm used to 1/2 and 5/2 etc, but the +/-100 etc does my head in.

The prices they quote are all relative to $100. when you see a price with a - in front of it, it means you need to stake more than $100 to win $100. So -275, you must stake $275 to win $100. So back for $275 to win $100, returns $375 including stake. Essentially a minus means its odds on.

If its a positive number, say +250, thats how much you can win if you back the selection for $100, so back for $100 to win $250, returns $350 including your stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

I'm praying McGregor wins this, but the odds on Poirier are seriously good value in my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

darced wrote: »
    Gunnar fought under 88 kg in adcc so I'd doubt he is that light he is at the very least 180-185 imo.

I think in the future Gunnar will drop down to LW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Ok lads...I'm heading to bed, what would be a safe time to get up in time for for Conor's fight?

Ok lads...I'm heading to bed, what would be a safe time to get up in time for for Conor's fight?

4 to be safe

• Advertisement

To be really safe..... Don't go to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Just watching it back now and looks like he broke a tooth alright, in the bottom half of his mouth. I didn't see what punch might have done that.

He'll probably be sent to the world's top dental surgeon in California or something :pac:

Nice souvenir of a great win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Just watching it back now and looks like he broke a tooth alright, in the bottom half of his mouth. I didn't see what punch might have done that.

He'll probably be sent to the world's top dental surgeon in California or something :pac:

Nice souvenir of a great win.

He has a very good chin dustin clipped him once i think with a right hand and it didnt budge him rogan was creaming his pants for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

darced wrote: »
    Gunnar fought under 88 kg in adcc so I'd doubt he is that light he is at the very least 180-185 imo.
    He probably didn't want to diet/cut weight. Honestly he looks between 175-180 at the most. 5 11 with a very moderate frame. He also fought Santiago at a CW (Santiago was probably gonna miss weight or something). Gunnar weighed 175, Santiago 183.

Also Kavanagh has tweetes him doing pads right after weigh ins saying something like "no other fighter can so this after weigh ins" (basically he is not really dehydrated much or at all).

I doubt he weighs more than 178 on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    He has a very good chin dustin clipped him once i think with a right hand and it didnt budge him rogan was creaming his pants for some reason.

Has been caught a few times early in these fights, hope he can work in that part of his game, especially now he's reaching the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

wow:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Reading reports which suggest it wasn't exactly the cleanest of wins. Unfortunate.

Reading reports which suggest it wasn't exactly the cleanest of wins. Unfortunate.

Don't mind that.

Dustin was gone, three punches on the ground, how many more should he have got before the fight was stopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Not as much of a highlight reel knockout as his others but he made bits of a top ranked opponent very quickly. Nothing unfortunate about this fight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What "reports"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is there any reports of his pay last night other thread suggests he's getting PPV %.

Sounds doubtful to me but its Conor so you never know

Jaysus this argument between John kavanagh and Ewan makenna on twitter is embarrassing.

So conor tore ligaments in his hand 4 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Mellor wrote: »
    What "reports"?

Can't link on my phone but there's an article on Yahoo which suggests Poirer was downed by a punch to the back of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Can't link on my phone but there's an article on Yahoo which suggests Poirer was downed by a punch to the back of the head.

Im seeing that everywhere. He got clipped behind the ear just like JDS/Velasquez 1 and Couture/Brock. There was 1 non deliberate hammerfist to the back of the head (which isnt againt the rules) but he switched straight up and finished with punches to the side face. Just excuses

He was caught behind the ear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Conor was all over him like a rash. Dominant display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

dare i say it, that was just too easy for Mcgregor.

He's definitely the featherweight Anderson Silva. Ive no doubt in my mind now. He looks like the Matrix compared to all these other fellas so far.

He caught Dustin right behind the ear, then hit him with about 3 clean unanswered punches to the face of Dustin while he was on the ground, so what else could Herb do only stop the fight. Dustin was pretty much out of it, he didnt even seem coherent until a good 20 seconds after the fight was stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Watched it this morning and was very impressed. I'm a big wwe fan but I have to say this was nearly on a par wi th It for excitment. Probably not as skillful but overall very impressed

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Watched it this morning and was very impressed. I'm a big wwe fan but I have to say this was nearly on a par wi th It for excitment. Probably not as skillful but overall very impressed

Not as skilful as WWE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not as skilful as WWE?

I'm sure that's meant as a tongue in cheek comment. At least I hope it is. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement