Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Any ideas floating around about Conor's next fight.

Everyone else in the top tier seems to be booked in the near future. This could make it possible for Conor to get a title shot after Aldo mendes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

dare i say it, that was just too easy for Mcgregor.

He's definitely the featherweight Anderson Silva. Ive no doubt in my mind now. He looks like the Matrix compared to all these other fellas so far.

He caught Dustin right behind the ear, then hit him with about 3 clean unanswered punches to the face of Dustin while he was on the ground, so what else could Herb do only stop the fight. Dustin was pretty much out of it, he didnt even seem coherent until a good 20 seconds after the fight was stopped.

Agreed. Herb stopped him just as he was about to land another to the head. Little doubt in my mind that if he let it continue it would have only lasted another 5 seconds as he wasn't defending himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dustin can protest all he wants but if the ref didnt stop it then Connor would have pummeled him. The way his arm was layed out he would hve had no decent way of protecting himself. Game Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Watched it this morning and was very impressed. I'm a big wwe fan but I have to say this was nearly on a par wi th It for excitment. Probably not as skillful but overall very impressed

This post hurts my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ah he's class , so relaxed in the Octagon it's a joy to watch h fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Not really. I would compare it big time with WWE..the hype etc. It's just such an impressive event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Not really. I would compare it big time with WWE..the hype etc. It's just such an impressive event.

Seriously? I'm a WWE fan myself, and yes, there is massive hype in it (Reigns, Ambrose, Bryan, Bálor ;) etc) and yes, the characters in it are in tremendous shape and are fantastic athletes but there is no way WWE is on par with MMA skill wise. One is pretty much a soap and the other is legit combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Any ideas floating around about Conor's next fight.

Hard to know really. I'd love to see him fight Frankie or Cub but they're booked up and you'd imagine the winner would get a title shot. Maybe the loser of those two but it's hard to know.

Korean Zombie would be an interesting fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

Winner of Bermudez vs Lamas maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Bermudez Vs. McGregor would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Jaysus this argument between John kavanagh and Ewan makenna on twitter is embarrassing.

http://balls.ie/news/conor-mcgregors-coach-got-personal-irish-journalist-twitter/

There is obviously some history there between them. MacKenna has been very disparaging of Conor over the past 6 months or so basically insinuating his fights are fixed. I mean that's basically calling him and his camp, crooked. Not surprised that has got their backs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

darced wrote: »

Have you seen some of the guys tweets? he's basically calling conor and his team a fraud but then asking for interviews

Mckenna is coming off like a real clown, he should get back in his box and go away.
    Why be so negative when its much more enjoyable to be loving this bandwagon at the moment. Plenty of other **** in the world to be bitter about then a successful Irish fighter who keeps us all entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Mckenna is coming off like a real clown, he should get back in his box and go away.
    Why be so negative when its much more enjoyable to be loving this bandwagon at the moment. Plenty of other **** in the world to be bitter about then a successful Irish fighter who keeps us all entertained.

Just an attention seeking eejit jumping on the bandwagon to get his 15 minutes of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

is that journalist guy implying Poirier took a dive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

is that journalist guy implying Poirier took a dive?
    He compares MMA to WWE too and apparently implied that Conor's other fights were fixes too.

Gumbi wrote: »
    He compares MMA to WWE too and apparently implied that Conor's other fights were fixes too.

Yeah it seems like he is still of that mentality that was around about the time of the first UFC in ireland amongst the uneducated media. Thought that was gone already, looks like it will take another few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Gumbi wrote: »

Wow, what a tit he is so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kinggo99

One is fake,one is real,one is a competition to see who is the best and the other is just a rehearsed act with no competition,i don't get the comparisons at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

From watching all Conor's interviews after the fight yesterday I get the impression he really wants to fight at 155 lbs . He talked about how he hates the weight cutting aspect etc... Hopefully he gets the title at 145 lbs & becomes the topic of the next 'superfight' fighter - a match up against Pettis would be mouth watering although that's probably 2/3 years down the line at a minimum. The hype train continues to roll anyway , he is without doubt one of the biggest stars in the UFC at present , long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He says he hates the weight cut but I imagine he loves the size and power advantage more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Just noticed there that RTE included Conor's fight in their sports coverage on the 9pm news.

I think that's a first?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For the time being i only see aldo giving him problems with leg kicks. I don't believe a wrestler will be his downfall as rolling with jk and gunni for the last few years has to give you a good ground game. I also see him beating cub and frankie.

Mendez gas man said to conor to come to Brazil, Sit in the front row, eat a bowl of lucky charms and watch brilliance as he beats aldo. Dana said there's about 3 different ways the fw title matchups could go. Will be interesting to see what the next few weeks brings.

Also it's crap to see pro fighters dismiss the win due to strikes to the back of the head, seen a few on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

Ewan is a tit who is annoyed because John posted something that had his number on it.

So what does he do? He tries to belittle Conor's victory.

Childish behaviour. He's a first class muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

http://balls.ie/news/conor-mcgregors-coach-got-personal-irish-journalist-twitter/

There is obviously some history there between them. MacKenna has been very disparaging of Conor over the past 6 months or so basically insinuating his fights are fixed. I mean that's basically calling him and his camp, crooked. Not surprised that has got their backs up.

This isnt the first time Kavanagh has let criticism from fans/media get to him. Doesnt seem to handle criticism too well. For a team who pride themselves on being mentally strong he needs to sort out his own mental game. Its only someones ill informed opinion John, dont let it bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have UFC changed their FW rankings yet?

Assume Conor will have moved up to 5th at the minimum.

I reckon his next fight will be Frankie with the winner getting a title fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Have UFC changed their FW rankings yet?

Assume Conor will have moved up to 5th at the minimum.

I reckon his next fight will be Frankie with the winner getting a title fight.
    Frankie already has a fight vs Cub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Just watched the fight again, conor gets caught with a lovely left by porier around the 1:20 mark, must be his tooth incident.

But it didn't seem to wobble or faze him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement