Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Mellor wrote: »
    The card wont sell out instantly imo.
    It will be easy to get tickets.

Due to it being Boston a largely Irish community, I think it might sell out quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

dave1982 wrote: »
    Due to it being Boston a largely Irish community, I think it might sell out quick

Yeah I think it will sellout fairly fast especially with Conor headlining. Ticket prices are decent as well

• Registered Users Posts: 39,340 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm well aware of that he'll be popular. I just don't think it will sell out so quick so as to make it difficult to get tickets.

American events don't tend to sell out as fast as overseas events. The very first event in Boston was Edgar Penn 2.
    Frankie's from boston, and had just won the belt. It was a big event, UFC expo along side it. And it was slow to sell.
    Maybe there was other factors at the time. But I wouldn't under estimate the laziness of of Americans.

15-20% of the crowd will be from ireland imo (I mean actually from ireland, not including the irish-americans)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Frankie's from boston..

I thought Frankie was a Jersey boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

TherapyBoy wrote: »

You are correct sir.

• Advertisement

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Yeah you are right, I had it in my head that he moved to Boston as a kid and took up Wrestling/MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

QQ's anyone at all an idea of the price range of tickets?
    Also any a member of fight club? Whats the limit on pre sales and is it worth it?

QQ's anyone at all an idea of the price range of tickets?
    Also any a member of fight club? Whats the limit on pre sales and is it worth it?

Tickets will be starting around $50 and go up to $215 or so for cageside.
    Fightclub is usually a 6 tickets limit. If you are getting a few, or want to get close to the action its worth it.
    There will still be tickets availible in general release, but the FC tickets would be better
    A fight club ticket will be better than a general release ticket in the same section as it'll be closer to the front of the section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Tickets will be starting around $50 and go up to $215 or so for cageside.
    Fightclub is usually a 6 tickets limit. If you are getting a few, or want to get close to the action its worth it.
    There will still be tickets availible in general release, but the FC tickets would be better
    A fight club ticket will be better than a general release ticket in the same section as it'll be closer to the front of the section.

How do you go about getting fight club?

akelly02 wrote: »
    How do you go about getting fight club?

• Advertisement

Cheers Mellor, great help. #whatsfortea

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

something came up today in work and looks like I might have to go to the Boston office in January...oh dear:(

:D:D:D

Flights and hotel booked. Got Celtics V Bulls Tickets for the Friday in the bag, just awaiting the UFC tickets now to have this all closed out before Xmas. Cannot wait for this.

Flights and hotel booked. Got Celtics V Bulls Tickets for the Friday in the bag, just awaiting the UFC tickets now to have this all closed out before Xmas. Cannot wait for this.

Who do you fly with and how much they set you back if you dont mind me asking?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Who do you fly with and how much they set you back if you dont mind me asking?

Aer lingus -€498. There is cheaper available but this was the cheapest direct flight. I personally would rather pay an extra €50 than sit in another airport.

I would be booking soon, as when I first checked it was 428.

Aer lingus -€498. There is cheaper available but this was the cheapest direct flight. I personally would rather pay an extra €50 than sit in another airport.

I would be booking soon, as when I first checked it was 428.

Cool, i seen 498 aswell. Cheers.

I put up post few pages package deal 4 nights stay in vegas plus direct flights 650ish I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I put up post few pages package deal 4 nights stay in vegas plus direct flights 650ish I think

Yeah but having to travel 4000km from your hotel and the fight venue would be a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Got a link?

adamski8 wrote: »
    Yeah but having to travel 4000km from your hotel and the fight venue would be a bit annoying.

Hahaha good one, hotels in Boston:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Tailor Events told me they will have hotel packages and flight packages including official tickets on sale later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

mmapk wrote: »
    Tailor Events told me they will have hotel packages and flight packages including official tickets on sale later today.

Do they have a site or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I would disagree on that. There are often better seats available on general release because of the stupid way Ticketmaster releases blocks.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I would disagree on that. There are often better seats available on general release because of the stupid way Ticketmaster releases blocks.
    Really?
    And tickets I've got have been near the front of the section. I always assumed they get sold front to back.
    But maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »

I'd go with this, there used to be HUGE arguments and complaints on FC Forums when people bought tickets in the FC presale, then much better tickets became available on the general sale.
    Plenty of complaints were made but as usual, fcuk all was done about it, The only thing UFC cares for about the Fight Club is people paying subscriptions, they don't care about ANYTHING else

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Really?
    And tickets I've got have been near the front of the section. I always assumed they get sold front to back.
    But maybe not.

Generally speaking Ticketmaster sells blocks at a time. s a (very) rough example, they will release Block A, B and C. Those will of course sell to FC and those first in line may well get front row. But they won't always release Block D, E and F until even the crap seats in A, B and C are gone. So you might find as a FC member that you're only getting offered back row of C so you take the hit and buy them. Then because block C is finished, block D front row ends up going to someone the next day.

What they should do for FC is release them all at the same time so that FC end up with front rows of every block, thereby rewarding them for the first access they paid for. But they don't.

To add insult to injury, FC member always asked for a dedicated FC block. That way you could sit together with the people from the forums and have a bit of fun. FC said it wasn't possible due to the way Ticketmaster sells. Then lo and behold the UFC rep on The Underground started doing exactly that for Underground forum members at certain events. That's on top of the Dana White Q&A sessions and backstage/Octagon access that Underground members used to get (maybe still do) at events.

And you can guess how much the Underground members pay for their special treatment compared to Fight Club... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Had the pleasure of meeting Conor in Vegas recently he's top bloke , Had met him a few times before as he's a friend of a friend but got to talk to him properly this time and he's exactly like you see in the interviews. 2 lads from Rte were following him about for his documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Anyone know of any travel companies doing packages for Boston? Can't seem to find any or will they wait until tickets are on general sale?

• Advertisement

ps3man wrote: »
    Anyone know of any travel companies doing packages for Boston? Can't seem to find any or will they wait until tickets are on general sale?
    They won't be doing packages if they don't have tickets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement