Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Its not a regular premiership game in the uk, cant see anyone doing packages. Have packages ever been done by a European country to a ufc event in the US even?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

For anyone that is looking to go on a budget, a very roundabout way for £198. Fly from Oslo and return to Manchester.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/british-airways-open-jaw-flights-usa-from-198-return-orlando-new-york-boston-etc-2048011

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

For anyone that is looking to go on a budget, a very roundabout way for £198. Fly from Oslo and return to Manchester.

By the time you pay for a flight to Oslo from Dublin / UK and the travelling time involved, the savings are small.

califano wrote: »
    Its not a regular premiership game in the uk, cant see anyone doing packages. Have packages ever been done by a European country to a ufc event in the US even?.

Yes ClickandGo were 999euros to Vegas.

mmapk wrote: »
    By the time you pay for a flight to Oslo from Dublin / UK and the travelling time involved, the savings are small.

Found a one way to Oslo on SkyScanner, flying with Ryanair, for €20. Flights back from Manchester are often €30 or so. So potentially Boston and back for €300. It's not a bad deal if you're willing to do all the traveling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Shouldn't there be a separate thread for this?

Saipanne wrote: »
    Shouldn't there be a separate thread for this?

Not sure, but click and go have released packages for 699 including tickets, flights and 3 nights hotel

(sorry can't post links)

clickandgo com/ufc-boston-package-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 39,340 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mmapk wrote: »
    clickandgo com/ufc-boston-package-2015
    I'm highly sceptical of any company offering tickets before they are released.
    They are being highly speculative I'd say.

That said, the price for direct flights, plus 3 nights in that hotel is pretty good. Even with only a $50 allowance for the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah christ, Conor's just posted "Kiss them feet Nazi" on his FB page

Thinking he's gone too far this time and will get a severley slapped wrist

• Advertisement

It'll be down pretty quick I'd say

Edit: Insta-deleted. Replaced with;
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yup, no brains. Idiotic from him tbh

10689745_10203665779699974_4746725101617501090_n.jpg?oh=d0e503f814cac8567505ba6992cb5701&oe=551829D9&__gda__=1427544162_75d10aa3fbdd93c5a0ebaa2daade34b7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Here is the update to that Facebook post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

On a separate topic, how can I add a screenshot/pic to a post without it being an attachment? I tried copy/paste but that didn't work

On a separate topic, how can I add a screenshot/pic to a post without it being an attachment? I tried copy/paste but that didn't work

If you add it as an attachment, then you can click on it like a link, copy the address and paste it between tags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Roar wrote: »

Absolutely disgraceful post. Sums him up though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

it should look like

insertlink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Seeing how UFC has been trying to break into the German market for a long time now I can see his recent comment getting a slap on the wrist. Its a fine line between entertainment and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Way to excited about buying these tickets today.
    Hopfully all goes well looking for 5 as close as possible.

Seeing how UFC has been trying to break into the German market for a long time now I can see his recent comment getting a slap on the wrist. Its a fine line between entertainment and PC.
    I think MMA is still banned from German television. It's was a struggle to even hold a event there.
    Until they fix that, there's essentially no market there.

He'll probably get a slap on the wrist from the UFC. But I doubt anybody on the german side will make much noise, a "don't mention the war" attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Way to excited about buying these tickets today.
    Hopfully all goes well looking for 5 as close as possible.

Let us know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

winston82 wrote: »
    Roar wrote: »

Absolutely disgraceful post. Sums him up though.

Agreed. Terrible thing to say and it is in fact a racist remark. If a footballer said it then there would be a big fine at least.

People are sensitive these days. Quickly forget the german nation killed what 30mil people? in WW2 only 70 years ago. And we can't take this piss out of them in case they are offended. The irony....

It's in a par with calling an Irishman a spud muncher, or a French person a cheese eating surrender monkey.

It's not the same as calling a black person a n****r.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Agreed. Terrible thing to say and it is in fact a racist remark. If a footballer said it then there would be a big fine at least.[/QUOTE]

Is it not fascist??
    People are sensitive these days. Quickly forget the german nation killed what 30mil people? in WW2 only 70 years ago. And we can't take this piss out of them in case they are offended. The irony....

Not to tar everyone with the same brush or anything with that above piece...

You're basically saying that every German is OK with being associated with Naziism and therefore it's cool to make fun of it. What about those who lost family and friends to it all? Ridiculous statement to make from you and even more ridiculous from Conor given the fact he has 350,000 followers on Facebook.

To keep on topic; utterly stupid comment to post from Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Agreed it was a stupid comment but its not the worst thing in the world that some people are trying to make it out as. His Rousey & Tate comment was MUCH worse. Nothing will be said about this.

Agreed. Terrible thing to say and it is in fact a racist remark. If a footballer said it then there would be a big fine at least.

Is it not fascist??

Not to tar everyone with the same brush or anything with that above piece...

You're basically saying that every German is OK with being associated with Naziism and therefore it's cool to make fun of it. What about those who lost family and friends to it all? Ridiculous statement to make from you and even more ridiculous from Conor given the fact he has 350,000 followers on Facebook.

To keep on topic; utterly stupid comment to post from Conor.[/QUOTE]

No Im not basically saying that. Plenty of Germans are mortified by it. My German Aunt and Uncle are both. But they have a sense of humour, and dont walk around with a PC stick up there ass, and live their life being offended by anything they can get their hands on.
    I have lived most of the last 15 years overseas, and on a daily basis I get the piss ripped out of me for being Irish everything from potatoes to jesus mary and joseph. But i take this piss back, and I have a sense of humour. Being offended by the wind blowing is just a weak way to be in my opinion. That is the way the world is going. A ghost won't be able to say boo in a few years.

Poor Dennis Siver got called a Nazi, woe is the world. If he had a decent wit he would have responded that if not for his nation of birth (winning the war) Conor would probably be a Nazi too.

Except given what happened referring to someone as a nazi, and the connotations of that, is an incredibly defamatory remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

By that logic it's ok to call every Muslim an Al-Qaeda member or a suicide bomber and to call every priest a paedophile. Siver is not a Nazi and to refer to him as one is racism in its purest form.

• Advertisement

Except given what happened referring to someone as a nazi, and the connotations of that, is an incredibly defamatory remark.

I don't think he meant it as a compliment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement