Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

offended.jpg

Congratulations, you have just become the 1,000,000,000th person to use this meme (entirely out of context by the way if you listen to the entire show on which it first appeared), because you couldn't offer a valid opinion of your own. The internet salutes you.

I believe this quote of Stephen Fry's is the standard accepted riposte:

''That is my religion, and every day I am sorely, grossly, heinously and deeply offended, wounded, mortified and injured by a thousand different blasphemies against it''

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Stupid comment.

It was deleted and he apologised. Time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

So talking to the MMA Hour Siver doesnt appreciate Conors trash talking and thinks theres no place for it in MMA, bit rich coming from a man who used performance enhancing drugs to get the better of his fellow professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Im suprised theres not an uproar on here that he called Siver a midget also. There has to be a few million midgets around the world wonder are they upset by the comments!

Im suprised theres not an uproar on here that he called Siver a midget also. There has to be a few million midgets around the world wonder are they upset by the comments!

Apparently the average height of users rose after those comments and fromt he backlash of the midget community.

• Advertisement

http://mmaleak.com/2014/11/19/dana-white-cub-swanson-to-get-title-shot-next/

Conors not getting the next shot according to Dana, take it with a mountain of salt obviously because 24 hours before this he had sad Anderson & Conor would get a shot if they both won.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

T-K-O wrote: »
    Stupid comment.

It was deleted and he apologised. Time to move on.
    Are you referring to that childish comment he made afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Bermudez losing at the weekend was the best possible result for Conor getting a title shot IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

ASOT wrote: »

Conors not getting the next shot according to Dana, take it with a mountain of salt obviously because 24 hours before this he had sad Anderson & Conor would get a shot if they both won.

Makes no difference, Edgar will prob beat Swanson.

xtal191 wrote: »

Hopefully, love frankie. If he wins id say hed be fighting Lamas next for a shot at the title after Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Are you referring to that childish comment he made afterwards?

In a sense, everything that comes out of his mouth is childish. People can get their knickers in a twist or take it on face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i would have cub slight favourite against Frankie..Looking back wasnt Frankie very small for a LW champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv a feeling Conor didn't even realise how much of an offensive thing it was to say ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

That is if Cub wins....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Iv a feeling Conor didn't even realise how much of an offensive thing it was to say ,

And yeah, I dont think he realizes half the things he says until afterward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Ok I think we all agree it wasn't the best thing to say.

Shall we move on? Is Dana now back tracking on a title shot if/when Conor beats Siver?

Its frustrating as a fan I can only imagine if you were a fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

I think that's directly related to Conor's comments to be honest. The UFC can't have a champion (if he wins) going around making those sort of xenophobic slurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/19/toucher-rich-mma-fighter-conor-mcgregor-in-studio/

McGregor's interview on local Boston radio...he currently weighs 168lbs now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Putinovsky wrote: »
    I think that's directly related to Conor's comments to be honest. The UFC can't have a champion (if he wins) going around making those sort of xenophobic slurs.

Might be the proverbial slap on the wrist.

Ok I think we all agree it wasn't the best thing to say.

Shall we move on? Is Dana now back tracking on a title shot if/when Conor beats Siver?

Its frustrating as a fan I can only imagine if you were a fighter.

If Cub beats Frankie he def deserves the next title shot but I cant see him beating Frankie. I dont think Dana ever said Conor would be next in line.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If Cub beats Frankie he def deserves the next title shot but I cant see him beating Frankie. I dont think Dana ever said Conor would be next in line.

I think the exact worlds were if Conor wins the next fight, he COULD get the next shot. Not that he would.
    Ditto for Silva's shot at 185.

I think the obvious solution from the UFC part is to remain non committal and hep the matchs sort out the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Conor will most definitely get the next title shot with a victory..... No doubt whatsoever!

As one of the greatest wordsmiths of our time so famously said;

"It's all about the MONEY MONEY MONEY!" Jessie J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Once Frankie beats Cub and Conor beats Siver I'll be very confident that he'll get the next TS, if Cub wins it's not a sure thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It's actually getting pretty messy at this stage. Dana seems to be going back and forward on who gets the title shot when it suits him and now the promo that aired multiple during TUF last night in the US for Edgar vs Cub had Rogan clearly say the winner this weekend will get a title shot.

In the end they'll do whatever suits them but it would be great if they'd stop promoting two fights within a month of each other as if they're both good for a title shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

There are so many fights between the Edgar/ Swanson fight and the McGregor/Siver fight that people will forget about the winner of this weekends fight id say. The UFC want a McGregor title fight, its gonna be a huge payday for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Why don't people think Frankie will get the next shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

smilerf wrote: »
    Why don't people think Frankie will get the next shot?

because he fought Aldo pretty recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Edgar, Mendes and Lamas have fought him too recently. It's between Cub and Conor as of now, so if Cub loses it's pretty much Conor's shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Edgar, Mendes and Lamas have fought him too recently. It's between Cub and Conor as of now, so if Cub loses it's pretty much Conor's shot.

Exactly, and I can see it pan out that way too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement