Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

srumball wrote: »
    Conor said in that interview above it will be out around the same time as the fight in Jan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2302913-ufcs-truth-talking-conor-mcgregor-drawing-comparisons-to-ali-jordan-sherman

Says here its airing on Fox Sports 1 January 8th. That is HUGE for him. He is going to become a superstar if he can keep winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Gonna be anything on Fight Night Dublin?

You'll have to tune in to find out! ;) haha, only joking, yea of course Dublin event will be there!

That's not the trailer, more of a teaser. The trailer is still to come. it's just a timelapse of photos from Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Whoever edited that video would want to ease off on the Red Bull and Aderrall cocktails. Brutal teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hoki wrote: »
    Whoever edited that video would want to ease off on the Red Bull and Aderrall cocktails. Brutal teaser

Have to agree on this, that was very hard on the eyes and not enjoyable at all.

Maybe next time go more Michael Bay on it and have Conor's punches exploding on peoples faces and Megan Fox in slow motion. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2302913-ufcs-truth-talking-conor-mcgregor-drawing-comparisons-to-ali-jordan-sherman

Says here its airing on Fox Sports 1 January 8th. That is HUGE for him. He is going to become a superstar if he can keep winning!

That is one that aired here last year I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hoki wrote: »

Have to agree, terrible teaser with the speed of it. There is a youtube function that you are able to play it at various slower speeds but unfortunately with no sound. Whoever made that made a mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Funny ol' slagging last night between Conor and Cub

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight 8h8 hours ago Kenny Florian's prediction for biggest fight of 2015? "By far", @JoseAldoJunior vs. @TheNotoriousMMA in a stadium.

============================================

wf3tlmIY_bigger.jpegConor McGregorVerified account ‏@TheNotoriousMMA

.@UFCTonight @josealdojunior Jose cannot fill stadiums. Thankfully however, I can. WELCOME TO EIRE!!!!

==================================================

Cub Swanson ‏@CubSwanson 8h8 hours ago
    @UFCTonight @josealdojunior @TheNotoriousMMA 1f44e.png

=================================================

Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA 8h8 hours ago
    .@CubSwanson @UFCTonight @josealdojunior Don't get bitter Cub. Get better. Conor Bless.

================================================

Cub Swanson ‏@CubSwanson 7h7 hours ago
    When the UFC is done milking you and no longer protects you. I will gladly humble you @TheNotoriousMMA #Clown @UFCTonight

================================================

Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA · 7h 7 hours ago

.@CubSwanson @UFCTonight Be careful now, I might just fire your old ass.

Aldo has agreed to fight conor in Ireland 'if the money is right' he said in a q&a today. Might be all talk but now he has said it on public record, you never know, it might actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i think its fairly common knowledge that they've both agreed to a fight in Croke park some time in the early summer.

sure didnt Aisling Daly say something similar in a post fight interview last week.

It doesnt take a genius to work it out. Conor tweets "crytic" messages regarding croke park. Then Aldo admits he's agreed to it. Frankie Edgar has a moan (possibly rightly so) that e thinks Conor gets the next shot. And then of course Aisling Daly dropped the biggest hint last week.

Lets just hope Conor doesnt lose against the german midget steroid head. Becaus a stadium fight with Aldo will be one of the biggest sporting events this country has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

i think its fairly common knowledge that they've both agreed to a fight in Croke park some time in the early summer.

sure didnt Aisling Daly say something similar in a post fight interview last week.

It doesnt take a genius to work it out. Conor tweets "crytic" messages regarding croke park. Then Aldo admits he's agreed to it. Frankie Edgar has a moan (possibly rightly so) that e thinks Conor gets the next shot. And then of course Aisling Daly dropped the biggest hint last week.

Lets just hope Conor doesnt lose against the german midget steroid head. Becaus a stadium fight with Aldo will be one of the biggest sporting events this country has ever seen.

Agree with this, think it's a given that the fight happens as long as McGregor beats Siver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

I dont think its a given at all, if the fight happens it could easily happen in a stadium in Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

xtal191 wrote: »
    I dont think its a given at all, if the fight happens it could easily happen in a stadium in Brazil.

Id say they would have an easier time selling out a stadium in Dublin than in Brazil for various reasons, one of the main ones imo is how easily accessible for cheap Dublin is. Flights from most European cities would be around 1/4 of the price of a flight to Brazil from the US, You can also get a flight cheaper from the US at a rough glance but obviously until theres a date i cant compare it as accurately as id like to.

I could be completely wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

It'd be a very weird for the title holder to travel to the challengers home town, not that I'd complain if it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It'd be a very weird for the title holder to travel to the challengers home town, not that I'd complain if it happened.

Matt Serra had to do it for the second GSP fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Matt Serra had to do it for the second GSP fight

Not saying that's not weird or wrong either, but the situations are very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Just doesn't fill me with confidence giving him a title shot in May in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Also Hendricks would have had to go to Canada to face Rory if he beat Lawlor, its very unusual though but when theres big money to be made then its fairly simple.

Yupp not a given at all as Jose can do what he wants, he could get injured, people who live by could protest when they hear about an extremely voilent human cage cock fighting with hand wraps dipped in glue dipped in broken glass event will be taking place, can they roof Croke Park?, Siver might actually land a devastating spinning kick for the KO :o ....

A lot of things could happen that would stop this. I also read Aldo's camp reporting he wants Edgar instead.

Personally, id love a PPV in croke park between conor and aldo on the 30th may starting at 2am. Head to the pub after foo fighters and then into croke park for the most anticipated fight of the year. Would be an epic night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

sheehy83 wrote: »

Personally, id love a PPV in croke park between conor and aldo on the 30th may starting at 2am. Head to the pub after foo fighters and then into croke park for the most anticipated fight of the year. Would be an epic night.

It seems increasingly likely that it will be on the 30th of May, if it does go ahead. Almost no chance of them allowing a 2am event here though. I also will be at Slane and do not want to miss this.

ASOT wrote: »
    Id say they would have an easier time selling out a stadium in Dublin than in Brazil for various reasons, one of the main ones imo is how easily accessible for cheap Dublin is. Flights from most European cities would be around 1/4 of the price of a flight to Brazil from the US, You can also get a flight cheaper from the US at a rough glance but obviously until theres a date i cant compare it as accurately as id like to.

I could be completely wrong though.

I dont think they'd have a problem selling out a stadium in Brazil and I doubt the UFC give a toss if its more expensive for people to get there. Also having it in Brazil suits the ppv times in America etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

xtal191 wrote: »
    I dont think they'd have a problem selling out a stadium in Brazil and I doubt the UFC give a toss if its more expensive for people to get there. Also having it in Brazil suits the ppv times in America etc.

If it's more expensive less people will go. Fans from the UK, Sweden, the rrst of Europe are within spitting distance of Dublin flights wise and ut would be much easier to fill a large stadium thusly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Yupp not a given at all as Jose can do what he wants......

Can he really though?? To what degree can a fighter, especially a champion, veto the promotions choice of opponent/venue/date??

I would have been under the impression that the promotion ( UFC) will consider the fighters requests but basically the fighters (even champs) have zero say at the end of the day. Is this way off??

Gumbi wrote: »
    If it's more expensive less people will go. Fans from the UK, Sweden, the rrst of Europe are within spitting distance of Dublin flights wise and ut would be much easier to fill a large stadium thusly.

It doesnt matter how expensive it is, people will still go. Conor will hype the fight, talk trash and the Brazilians would flock to a stadium in the hope of seeing him get kod by Aldo. Throw on another Brazilian star, Anderson Silvas second fight back for example. And as I said the biggest factor is the time would suit the American audience.

I hope the fight is here if it happens but I def don't think its a given and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in Brazil or even in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

......an extremely voilent human cage cock fighting with hand wraps dipped in glue dipped in broken glass event will be taking place.........

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gumbi wrote: »

Brazilains have little trouble filling big venues on their own, add te McGregor factor and 50k would be easy in either Rio or Dublin.
    I'd even say Etihad stadium in Melbourne is an option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How would they set up in Croke Park? Build a small roof over the octagon? and if this was to happen would the current stands/seats be safe for an event such as the UFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Judging by mods warning he must be hated around here haha alot love him, alot hate him. Personally I like to follow an Irish fighter but he makes me cringe sometimes. Anyway when are they gonna stop giving him bums to fight and someone decent like aldooooo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JJayoo wrote: »
    How would they set up in Croke Park? Build a small roof over the octagon? and if this was to happen would the current stands/seats be safe for an event such as the UFC?

It's worked countless times at Wembley for 70-80k sell outs for boxing, never a problem, would be the same set up here, sure the hill would be great craic for it , it has a capacity of 10,000 standing!!

boxing_zps4cf46397.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

It's just a bad choice to have it in Dublin.
    Bernard Dunne just keeps going through my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Judging by mods warning he must be hated around here haha alot love him, alot hate him. Personally I like to follow an Irish fighter but he makes me cringe sometimes. Anyway when are they gonna stop giving him bums to fight and someone decent like aldooooo :)

None of them are bums though, just not on the same level :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement