Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

half saying something on a public forum is worse

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Any story i have ever heard about the guy its always second hand, "someone heard from someone else" basiclaly they didn't happen

Cant see why youd have an issue sharing , think everyone realise's there just stories and not the gossple truth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Putinovsky wrote: »
    I'm not going to start dishing out stories on a public forum. I've just heard a few first hand negative experiences involving McGregor and his mates on nights out.

I'm calling bull**** on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

A girl I know was in pyg. It was quite crowded and McGregor accidently knocked over her drink that was on the table, she politely said 'hey!! you knocked over my drink!" and he responded by knocking over her entire table.

He arrived with his friends at a house party I was at. Himself and his friends were complete assholes to everyone and were asked to leave after awhile. On the way out they took bottles of vodka with them and threatened a few of the guests.

In Sin nightclub he approached a friends girlfriend and got very pushy towards her and then threatened my friend when he informed him that it was his girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Any story i have ever heard about the guy its always second hand, "someone heard from someone else" basiclaly they didn't happen

Something being second hand doesn't mean it didn't happen. But there's always a level of "Purple-Monkey Dishwasher" involved.

With regard to him handling his first loss, I'd say it depends on the loss but I have a feeling he'll handle it the way Sonnen did.

Difference might be this. Sonnen was putting on a show and playing a character. I don't think Conor is!

I will say one i heard about casuing trouble in an early house at a shaft reuinon after party , But as i said that was from a taxi man so god knows if he was even there let alone if it was true,
    I guess when your famous there will always be stories even if they are untrue,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I grew up in Cork, loads of stories about Keane, O'Gara, etc, wreaking havoc on the poor citizens of Cork.

Keane though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

He probably didn't go as he is less than 3 weeks from a fight and he always trains at night time, he probably asked them if he was going to win something, they said no and it wasn't worth it for him.

I'd say those taxi drivers know McGregor well alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Conor is a very generous bloke. He invited me and 5 mates along to the vip section at a gig in Vegas where the table cost 3000-4000 for the night.

He's a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

My personal thought it that he didn't get invited due to the fact (outside of his documentary) have absolutely no involvement or interest in MMA. That, and the fact there really are bigger fish in the sporting arena. The GAA stars, the golfers and the rugby stars.

Probably a major kick to the ego to a person who believes he is Ireland's biggest sports star. His statement he released makes it look like "RTE couldn't afford a jet setter like myself". He'd have been there in a heartbeat.

Can't imagine that TV3 fashion gig that he cropped up on paid him these megabucks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Conor is a very generous bloke. He invited me and 5 mates along to the vip section at a gig in Vegas where the table cost 3000-4000 for the night.

He's a legend.

Wow. He'll be broke and washed up fairly soon if that is the case.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Wow. He'll be broke and washed up fairly soon if that is the case.

I don't even know where to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I just love watching him fight to be honest.

After that it's really nothing to do with me how he lives his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I heard that Conor went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I heard he enjoys licking the condensation off the inside of bus windows. Its true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I heard every time he wins a fight he murders a puppy to celebrate.

I was at a house party with him, and not one girl there wanted to ride him. They all thought he was a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I was at a house party with him, and not one girl there wanted to ride him. They all thought he was a ****

Seems he has a girlfriend that's a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

There's a real gossip column touch to some comments on the last few pages. Get back to the 'I heard' jokes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

I don't even know where to start.

I earn more than him and will do for the next ten years. I'm not spending 5 grand trying to impress strangers as 1. It's stupid and 2. I'm not that rich.

He's earned f all for most of his fights and could very easily disappear with one loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: Lads, can we stop with the rumours and gossip and bitching please? It's ridiculous. This is an MMA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So with less than a month to go to his fight this thread goes back to the gutter.

Brace yourself, armchair experts and begrudgers are coming.

Mellor wrote: »
    So with less than a month to go to his fight this thread goes back to the gutter.

Brave yourself, armchair experts and begrudgers are coming.

Maybe it should be the Conor McGregor "Exposé" thread!

I earn more than him and will do for the next ten years. I'm not spending 5 grand trying to impress strangers as 1. It's stupid and 2. I'm not that rich.

He's earned f all for most of his fights and could very easily disappear with one loss.

First of all, more then likely that story is fake.

You earn more then him? The man earned £200,000 in his last fight, before sponsorship, and thats only one of them. Keep dreaming son.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

First of all, more then likely that story is fake.

You earn more then him? The man earned £200,000 in his last fight, before sponsorship, and thats only one of them. Keep dreaming son.

There are a lot of deductions from that 200k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

T-K-O wrote: »

Yeah, but salaries are always quoted as the gross amount.

Anyway, no way the poster is earning more than Conor is at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

T-K-O wrote: »
    There's a lot of deductions from a 200k salary also.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Unless you're a politician, or a very successful business man, I find it hard to believe you earn more than him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, but salaries are always quoted as the gross amount.

Anyway, no way the poster is earning more than Conor is at the moment

Who knows, who cares.
    Mellor wrote: »
    There's a lot of deductions from a 200k salary also.

Nothing like the deductions from Conors 200k, guaranteed.

That's beside the point, fans see 200k a fight, 50k bonus and think Rockefeller. My point is, Conor is earning good money but I would imagine he has a long way to good in terms of financial security.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement