Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The schedule is only a guideline as what the UFC expect to stick to nothing set in stone about it, If circumstances change venues,fights etc. not falling into place they'll find an alternative.

They dont change it alot though afaik, i would imagine it'll be either the 23rd or some time in june..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

yipeeeee wrote: »
    It's gonna be foo fighters date isn't it:(

I very much doubt it'll be the 30th, there's Leinster football quarter finals on the 31st so very unlikely a UFC will take place the day before.

http://www.crokepark.ie/Events/Upcoming-Events?page=3

That would leave only the 16th and 23rd for it to happen in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Has anyone mentioned yet why conor mcgregor puts on this weird accent when hes talking on interviews.. Its like half American half i dono.. Its cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Has anyone mentioned yet why conor mcgregor puts on this weird accent when hes talking on interviews.. Its like half American half i dono.. Its cringe worthy.

You will find most here aren't really bothered.. He's a world class athlete that is going to be responsible for bringing the UFC to Dublin for the biggest show of all time.. His accent is a small price to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No, nobody has mentioned that. I doubt anybody even noticed until you said it just there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Notorious the documentary is being shown on Fox Sports 1 right now at 8pm in the US.

Cheers, just set the DVR to record that.
    dickwod1 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Hazys wrote: »
    Notorious the documentary is being shown on Fox Sports 1 right now at 8pm in the US.

Cheers, just set the DVR to record that.

Is that the RTE one or the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They dont change it alot though afaik, i would imagine it'll be either the 23rd or some time in june..

This year is the first time they've released their intended year long schedule to the public they can and most likely will alter it at points.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,029 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nope...it's never been mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

nope...it's never been mentioned

Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Humans 'subsconsciously mimic other accents'

I came across this while defending my own disgusting Belfast/Dublin hybrid accent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wonder if somewhere on the interwebs Gunni is getting slated for his Dublin twang ;)

I wonder if somewhere on the interwebs Gunni is getting slated for his Dublin twang ;)

Yeah he puts it on any time he is talking to Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Seems FOX have some 18 part youtube thing about Conor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Seems FOX have some 18 part youtube thing about Conor?

Is the 18th not the date he fights? Americans with there backwards dates

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is the 18th not the date he fights? Americans with there backwards dates

Hahaha! I was sitting thinking there wasn't even 18.days between now and the fight! :D

yeah its incredibly annoying. Chronological makes sense day/month/year

I remember trying to lodge an american cheque once and the bank here would not accept it as it was "past date" or had an invalid date cant remember which.

The say January 18th, not 18th of January.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone seen the show fox sports had on last night called Fighters Cut about Conor? Ariel said it's well worth a watch but can't find it online, will have to keep a lookout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Yurt wrote: »
    Is that the RTE one or the new one?

Old one.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone seen the show fox sports had on last night called Fighters Cut about Conor? Ariel said it's well worth a watch but can't find it online, will have to keep a lookout.

It's being repeated a fair bit in the coming weeks/months.

http://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/programs/EP019356710004-UFC-Fighters-Cut-Conor-McGregor/93317076

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Its clips like this one of him talking about his UFC fights...Missed the first part of it but I remember him talking about the Brandao fight saying he said he wasn't touching gloves at the start. He said people were giving about about the spinning kick to the body but he said he wasn't touching gloves and was just using his hand as a range finder. Pretty funny in all though :o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its very clear in the Brandao fight that Brandao offers to touch gloves and Conor makes it clear he wont and Brandao acknowledged it.

(Slight aside, our way of doing dates makes more sense than the americans, but neither is as good as the Japanese who do it Year/Month/Day.... this allows you to sort chronologically when you sort alphabetically </nerd> )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I used to think that too but its for the americans realy. They had to use subtitles on Mike bisping in TUF. I remember one time Christian bale was doing interviews in an American accent for the dark knight. He mentioned that it was just easier than his welsh accent. It's no big deal realy, if he's in buskers on Saturday night and putting it on then YES that's cringy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

rusty cole wrote: »
    I used to think that too but its for the americans realy. They had to use subtitles on Mike bisping in TUF. I remember one time Christian bale was doing interviews in an American accent for the dark knight. He mentioned that it was just easier than his welsh accent. It's no big deal realy, if he's in buskers on Saturday night and putting it on then YES that's cringy!

The fact that he's in Buskers?

Saipanne wrote: »
    The fact that he's in Buskers?

I was just picking anywhere in Dublin, ok temple bar, reynards, lillies, krystle or whatever. I just mean if the accent stays when it's not needed.

clear enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

How come this fight is on Sunday night and not Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How come this fight is on Sunday night and not Saturday?

NFC conference championship in the NFL on Sunday night on fox, it will draw a massive crowd so they want McGregor fighting after it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement