Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I usually like Robin Black's breakdown but I thought that one was pretty dumb. The Highly Questionable interview was very funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Whosthis wrote: »
    Anybody seen this yet http://www.newstalk.com/Fine-Gael-Senator-seeks-to-ban-vile-UFC-from-coming-to-Dublin , somebody who obviously has no understanding of the sport.

As Sheehy said, it's just opportunism. Someone has to round up the votes from those who will object to any sort of fight taking place.

This is the good senator taking a stand against....ice cream vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Whosthis wrote: »
    Anybody seen this yet http://www.newstalk.com/Fine-Gael-Senator-seeks-to-ban-vile-UFC-from-coming-to-Dublin , somebody who obviously has no understanding of the sport.

Would be hilarious if Conor ripped into her, her stance on ice cream vans alone would be brilliant to bring up in an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,029 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She was on tubridy's show making a fool of herself this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

She was on tubridy's show making a fool of herself this morning.

I never thought I would say this but --- Well done tubridy.

Showing her how much of a clown she is. So much wrong with what she says

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/listen-senator-wants-to-ban-conor-mcgregors-vile-ufc-fight-from-dublin-30906827.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Why do all these uneducated people always managed to get on the radio its actual ridiculous. The worst part in all this is when she says its staged. Fair play to Ryan I don't like him but he came across really well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

McGregor mania has taking over my Facebook today, Cringeworthy to read comments by the fans and the critics, Best avoided until Monday I say.

A bit of sense. It is good to see so many people provide her with information on the sport instead of just abusing her. Even Tubs

Sen Catherine Noone ‏@senatornoone 14m14 minutes ago

Hands up - jumped the gun re UFC/MMA - lots of offers of training/education which I'll take up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

A bit of sense. It is good to see so many people provide her with information on the sport instead of just abusing her. Even Tubs

Sen Catherine Noone ‏@senatornoone 14m14 minutes ago

Hands up - jumped the gun re UFC/MMA - lots of offers of training/education which I'll take up!

But the thing is how can she oppose something if she hasn't a clue about it? Its fairly ridiculous from a person in her position. She can hold her hands up all she wants but shes an absolute moron in my opinion and this mornings interview solidified this.

ASOT wrote: »
    But the thing is how can she oppose something if she hasn't a clue about it? Its fairly ridiculous from a person in her position. She can hold her hands up all she wants but shes an absolute moron in my opinion and this mornings interview solidified this.
    Agree completely. Exactly the kind of people I cant stand. Spouting out without a clue what their talking about.

It is good though that the torrent of information that she received left her with no choice but to back track and admit she was wrong. Nice to see that there are so many people here that are informed about the sport which wouldnt have been the case a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

sam.jpg

''She just didnt think it through''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

srumball wrote: »

Always love Embedded. Will Cowboy feature on later episodes or is it just Conor and Siver?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Full episode of UFC Rising with Conor breaking records on Setanta website (ROI only)

http://www.setanta.com/ie/ufc-rising-conor-mcgregor-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I never thought I would say this but --- Well done tubridy.

Showing her how much of a clown she is. So much wrong with what she says

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/listen-senator-wants-to-ban-conor-mcgregors-vile-ufc-fight-from-dublin-30906827.html

I'm listening right now. I'm halfway through and am clutching my stomach at how cringeworthy this is. What teh fcuk.

And Tubridy is brilliant. He pointed out the complete and utter obvious numerous times. I lost count of how often she said "well, I don't know much about this".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

She must have mentioned that it's staged about 5 times. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

It's so terribly disappointing to think that these are the people who are running the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    It's so terribly disappointing to think that these are the people who are running the country.

These are the kinda people who convinced half the country they were useful when we had a chance to get rid of them :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

It's not that she's giving out about mma that upsets me, it's the fact that she has the gall to go on to national radio to discuss something she hasn't a clue about. Unreal.

I was never a tubridy fan, but he seems to enjoy the banter with fighters when he has them on, and he's picked up some knowledge along the way. Enough to call out Miss noone anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

^^that first clip is class, ''you wont catch me holdin hands down the beach , im on the beach goin deep''

growing up in Crumlin is not growing up in the 'inner city' tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

growing up in Crumlin is not growing up in the 'inner city' tho

Ah, feck sake. Semantics. For all intents and purposes, it is. What would you class Crumin as, the lush suburbs?

The lengths people will go to, to find fault, is both funny and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    It's not that she's giving out about mma that upsets me, it's the fact that she has the gall to go on to national radio to discuss something she hasn't a clue about. Unreal.

I just listened to it...its insane. She based her opinion on an article her friend wrote (which i'm not convinced it is even about MMA) and she thinks she may or may not have seen a few minutes of MMA which could even possibly have been watching WWE.

You wouldn't have a random Joe Bloggs go on Joe Duffy and be so uninformed about the subject they are talking about but an elected senator who has incredible power and persuasion can go on national radio and spout absolute nonsense. For most of the interview, Ryan spoke to her like she was a child and trying to help her along.

Ah, feck sake. Semantics. For all intents and purposes, it is. What would you class Crumin as, the lush suburbs?

i was going to say that! Conor has made no secret of the fact he's here to make a few quid, and i doubt he gives a **** about historic accuracy or geography....he's telling the audience what they want to hear!! He's a one man bord failte!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hazys wrote: »
    I just listened to it...its insane. She based her opinion on an article her friend wrote (which i'm not convinced it is even about MMA) and she thinks she may or may not have seen a few minutes of MMA which could even possibly have been watching WWE.

You wouldn't have a random Joe Bloggs go on Joe Duffy and be so uninformed about the subject they are talking about but an elected senator who has incredible power and persuasion can go on national radio and spout absolute nonsense. For most of the interview, Ryan spoke to her like she was a child and trying to help her along.
    i suspect the first caller "gerry" on the liveline ufc edition ft wayne mc, is a wicklow sin fein Councillor. He not only hadn't a clue but told outright lies, that wayne allowed continue for the rest of the show. 10 deaths in ufc for a start!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I like the guy, want/believe he can win a title, I dont have to agree or like everything about him, all Im saying is Crumlin is not Sheriff Street. inner city kids are a different breed, I dont mean that in a derogatory way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well that was a storm in a tea cup....

https://twitter.com/senatornoone/status/555344134433955840

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Local Senator gets free publicity. More on this, at 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Call me cynical, but just wait until the next election rolls around. She'll have her white belt in BJJ and be the subject of newspaper articles as the "cage fighting senator" with pictures of herself with Conor McGregor.

"We speak to a senator about her amazing journey as a sceptic of UFC fighting to embracing it" or some auld shíte like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Call me cynical, but just wait until the next election rolls around. She'll have her white belt in BJJ and be the subject of newspaper articles as the "cage fighting senator" with pictures of herself with Conor McGregor.

More power to her if she did and I wouldnt have much of an issue with that since then she might have a clue what shes talking about!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement