Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor Place; Safe?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

My wife and I are thinking of moving from South Brown Street in Dublin 8 to Thor Place in Dublin 7. I know that Thor Place is on to the back of O'Devaney Gardens so I was wondering is Thor Place a safe area, is it OK walking at night, parking your car etc.?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

South Brown St is grand, road can be full of kids after school being wreck the heads. Best advice walk around the around during the day and at night, generally a ghosttown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

South Brown St is grand, road can be full of kids after school being wreck the heads. Best advice walk around the around during the day and at night, generally a ghosttown.

They already live there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I lived right beside it on Finn Street for a good few years and never had a bit of bother from anyone.

There's a nice sense of community in the area too, we got to know all our neighbours very well. I'd happily live in the area again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

January wrote: »
    They already live there ;)

It was lunch in work, I was nearly asleep at my desk! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Girlfriend lived there (moved <6 months ago).
    I don't think her and her family ever felt unsafe; I liked the area since it's so close to Stoneybatter/Smithfield/town.
    That being said, in the 2 years there she did have her car wing mirrors smashed 2-3 times for no reason....another time had a bit of a loud house party and a number of unpleasant folk (to be polite) tried to eh....invite themselves.

You can make of that what you will. I don't want to paint it in a completely negative light, they're just a couple of things that happened but for the most part it seemed grand!

• Advertisement
Advertisement