Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfest 2014

Options
  • 04-12-2013 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭

:eek:

1467188_10151816850872536_53168347_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It really is amazing. Id mainly be at Main Stage and the Valley stage, but there is plenty to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Nice!!

I like how it's "This is it, get your money sorted!" and no "Oh, just 2 headliners announced for a 3 day festival."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hope I can pull the cash together before it sells out. €190 renders this cheap if you consider what Download/Sonisphere/Bloodstock are offering. Still, a stinger to see tickets were €129 a couple of months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

fewtins wrote: »
    Hope I can pull the cash together before it sells out. €190 renders this cheap if you consider what Download/Sonisphere/Bloodstock are offering. Still, a stinger to see tickets were €129 a couple of months ago!

Jaysus doubt that line up will be topped however this could be back up plan if Hellfest does/will sells out?? Tickets €139 till Jan 16th too.

Nova+Rock+Festival+1491761_10151885813509005_1406.png

Guessing third headliner is same as Sonisphere, Notes;(Festivals 10th Edition,The Offspring playing "Smash" in full, same weekend as Donnigtons Download Festival)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I have bought a ticket to this, the lineup is just too good to pass up. The Main Stage doesn't excite me overly much other than Emperor but there are some seriously good bands on the temple and altar stages, good lawd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Does anyone know if there's a website in English for this? I'd love to go and bring herself and the young one but need to see if that would be suitable? Can't make anything out of French, was rubbish in it at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Does anyone know if there's a website in English for this? I'd love to go and bring herself and the young one but need to see if that would be suitable? Can't make anything out of French, was rubbish in it at school.

It's the same website, just click on the UK flag....

I've already got my ticket and will mainly be in the stoner/doom tent same as in 2011. I'll venture towards the main stage for Sabbath though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Booked my ticket to this and straight onto Graspop the following weekend. My liver hurts already ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That is some lineup..........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Definitely going to this, leaving Wacken for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I'm one of Slayers biggest fans. But Slayer without Lombardo AND Hanneman?

Its like The Who without Moon and Entwistle, for me it just doesn't ring true.

We all know that band members come and go but if the core of the band are not there can they really justify it?

I was lucky enough to see them on the South Of Heaven tour and they have no equals in metal, but please just stop. Form a new band or enjoy a new project just don't dilute what is a fantastic legacy.

Saddened.

Enjoy Hatebreed and Death Angel. Two ferocious bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I'm one of Slayers biggest fans. But Slayer without Lombardo AND Hanneman?

Its like The Who without Moon and Entwistle, for me it just doesn't ring true.

We all know that band members come and go but if the core of the band are not there can they really justify it?

I was lucky enough to see them on the South Of Heaven tour and they have no equals in metal, but please just stop. Form a new band or enjoy a new project just don't dilute what is a fantastic legacy.

I've seen Slayer many, many times, but always with the four original members. I don't think I'll venture out of the stoner/doom tent to see this incarnation though, it'll probably clash with Electric Wizard :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really wish I had the funds for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭grip n rip

I've been a slayer fan for 25 years and have seen them live over 30 times , including with gary and paul .

While nobody will ever touch jeff hanneman for me i do think gary holt is a beast on the guitar . Obviously jeff would be better but i cant find fault with gary holt .

As for paul , you need to remember he was a full band member for 10 very productive & good years before dave lombardo came back . Hes 99% as good as dave for me .

As a whole i feel tom is getting better with age and while its not 100% original slayer i do feel they still give a savage performance live .

I'd put it like this : slayer with jeff & dave - face melting , slayer without - face very very very hot :) .

So go out and enjoy because believe me we will miss them when they are gone !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thread resurrection. Not long now - anyone else still going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yup. still hasn't hit me yet that I'm going. Eager for lots of deadly metal and warm beer cans!

here's a vid of Emperor's first gig since 2007 on their current tour playing some Bathory!

Advertisement