Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brush Up for Motorcycle Test

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

zubair wrote: »
    Did mine on an SV650s so had clip ons too, never had a problem with the power, lots of back brake helps. Practice and it'll be easy. I just did figures of 8 in a car park until I was consistently doing my turns within 2 spaces.

You have the route now too, you'll ace it.

Fair play Zubair. I decided against using my SV650s .I felt more confident with the schools bike on the u turn and slow ride (The right steering stopper is broken on the 08 CBF600 ,rather conveniently :D) . I can do them on the SV fine.That was just a call I made.Probably made no difference in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ah they're much easier on the cbf, a wise decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

That T-Junction at 20:05 is the spot I dropped the bike, because it's on a hill and had crash bars it nearly did a full roll :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Don't do that on the test

That T-Junction at 20:05 is the spot I dropped the bike, because it's on a hill and had crash bars it nearly did a full roll :o

Did you stall? "If you stall you fall" you'll be grand, have a few goes at that junction. Give her a bit of throttle, the tester won't hear you unless you red line. Hold the back break until she bites and ease away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

The tester is in a car with one other person isn't he?

I dropped it because while stopped I turned the wheel to go right and gave a bit of throttle... gave too much throttle and shat myself and used the front brake, this pushed all the weight to the front right of the bike and that was it, no stopping her then. The wheels ended up pointing to the sky :pac:

To be fair it was my first time riding anything different than a 125cc Varadero(which fate would have it got sold yesterday too).

The tester is on his/ her own unless their supervisor is attending.(unlikely)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 1gealach4

Question:-

what are the hand signals for motorbiking? All to be done with the left hand, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

i was told two left, two right.

right hand for signalling turn to right and also slowing

Left hand for signalling turn to left and straight on

• Registered Users Posts: 28 1gealach4

are you allowed take your right hand off the handlebars?

i've googled this & can't find anything... it's all about hand signals in cars, which I know what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

They’re from the DTT app

Advertisement