Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Opening Hours

Options
  • 04-12-2013 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all.

Please see here for a link to our opening hours this Christmas.

We hope you all have a safe, peaceful and a very Happy Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flynner1313

Hi all.

Please see here for a link to our opening hours this Christmas.

We hope you all have a safe, peaceful and a very Happy Christmas.
    Hi Laura,

I notice your branches are closed on Friday 27th as you say its a bank holiday. I thought only 25th and 26th were bank holidays. 

Why are you having three bank holidays next week as officially there are only two?

Thanks

Flynner1313

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Flynner1313,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Boards community.

Rest assured, if you should have any general day to day banking queries, the Reps will be here on Thursday 26th from 10am until 2pm and on Friday 27th from 10am until 4pm.

If you should have an account specific query, BOI365 representatives will be available from 9am until 6pm on Friday 27th.

Our online, mobile app and automated phone services are available 24/7.

If you do have any general queries about day to day banking with BOI, please feel free to ask.

Thanks and let me be the first Rep. here to say Happy Christmas.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flynner1313

Tara,

Thanks for the swift response. However you didn't answer my question.

Why has Bank of Ireland closed all their branches on 27th December and stated they are doing so as its a bank holiday when it is not a bank holiday?

There are some things that can only be done in a branch.

Flyner1313

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Flynner1313,

There can be a confusion between Public and Bank Holidays. Most people use the term interchangeably, but there is a difference. There are 9 Public Holidays and 11 Bank Holidays in Ireland. These days are one and the same with the exception of two Bank Holidays: namely December 27th and Good Friday.

This information is also available on IPSO's and Citizens Advice Bureau's websites.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement