Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecie hard drive external

Options
  • 04-12-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi I purchased the above this morn second hand from exchange shop and plugged it in to pc ( win ex p ) but I get message saying unknown device installed , is it possible to get software online for above please .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

madred006 wrote: »
    Hi I purchased the above this morn second hand from exchange shop and plugged it in to pc ( win ex p ) but I get message saying unknown device installed , is it possible to get software online for above please .

Might be something on this page that suits. Is the external drive a 3.5" or 2.5"?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

mordeith wrote: »
    Might be something on this page that suits. Is the external drive a 3.5" or 2.5"?

Cheers I think it's a 3.5" 1tb with just one USB outlet

Cheers I think it's a 3.5" 1tb with just one USB outlet

Hmmm, they don't usually need drivers. There can be extra software on them for security or scheduling backups. Does the drive show up in Disk Management?
    Right click My Computer >> Manage >> Storage >> Disk Management

Hmmm, they don't usually need drivers. There can be extra software on them for security or scheduling backups. Does the drive show up in Disk Management?
    Right click My Computer >> Manage >> Storage >> Disk Management

No just shows up as unknown hardware or unknown media device

Is that what it says under disk management or down in the system tray?
    You may need to format the drive (or it could be banjaxed)

• Advertisement

No just shows up as unknown hardware or unknown media device

Thanks for your help firstly , under disk management it's not showing up at all. In device management under other devices it's showing up as multimedia audio controller with yellow ? Mark beside it .

Thanks for your help firstly , under disk management it's not showing up at all. In device management under other devices it's showing up as multimedia audio controller with yellow ? Mark beside it .

that sounds weird. Have you tried a different USB port or computer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd get a new enclosure or dock for it.

that sounds weird. Have you tried a different USB port or computer

Just tried different port and restarted pc and it's now showing as mass storage device e , it has near 50 films and lots of files on it :-) . Would it be safer to delete this . Cheers .

Just tried different port and restarted pc and it's now showing as mass storage device e , it has near 50 films and lots of files on it :-) . Would it be safer to delete this . Cheers .

If you don't want any of it then do a format of the drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 bellaminnie

How is a Hard Drive and an LCD Screen Created?
    Im doing a college assessment on a Hard Drive and an LCD Screen. How is a Portable Hard Drive made and an LCD Screen made. What skilled personal is needed to create them.

How is a Hard Drive and an LCD Screen Created?
    Im doing a college assessment on a Hard Drive and an LCD Screen. How is a Portable Hard Drive made and an LCD Screen made. What skilled personal is needed to create them.

Start a new thread for new topics. I think google will be your friend here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bellaminnie

How do you make a new thread

How do you make a new thread

click post at the top if on Mobile
    Select New Thread if on pc/laptop

Advertisement