Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VODAFONE 4" SMARTPHONE...29 EURO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

just got a link from a colleague.... he said can save additional 10 euro.. anyone knows how??????????????

<SNIP>

how to get additional 10 euro off? plz!! thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

infocal wrote: »
    just got a link from a colleague.... he said can save additional 10 euro.. anyone knows how??????????????

<SNIP>

how to get additional 10 euro off? plz!! thanks all!

That an affilliate link which isn't allowed on boards and the 10 euro off is for today only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Thanks OP

Found old 3 sim and did it

Nice one to have as a spare

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stupid question,I found an old Emobile sim,website asks me for mobile number they can txt a security code to.The only valid number I have now is a VF one,so do I input that?

zerks wrote: »
    Stupid question,I found an old Emobile sim,website asks me for mobile number they can txt a security code to.The only valid number I have now is a VF one,so do I input that?

They text the security code to the sim you are using to port, i.e. your emobile sim. Otherwise you could just port your friend's number over without him knowing as a prank etc.

They text the security code to the sim you are using to port, i.e. your emobile sim. Otherwise you could just port your friend's number over without him knowing as a prank etc.

Feck it,the sim won't work in any phone I have here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

bought this phone last week for a pressie. guy in vodaphone told me they were 120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Review here. Btw the screen is 3.5in, 320x480 pixels, not 4in 400x800 as someone listed above.

As someone else said, grand first phone for a kid, for €29...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

peckerhead wrote: »
    Review here. Btw the screen is 3.5in, 320x480 pixels, not 4in 400x800 as someone listed above.

that's a different phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Someone else has a name.

And you're talking about the Smart Mini. We're all talking about the Smart 3.

There's a comparison here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

thats the Smart "MINI" Not the same phone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Anyone not get an email reciept? Been waiting 10 mins and nothing

I also got the

"We're sorry. The number entered is already a Vodafone number. We cannot switch this number to Vodafone."

error on brand new tesco sim just bought this evening. Luckily i found my old 02 card.

No tracking on fatcheese yet either:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Anyone not get an email reciept? Been waiting 10 mins and nothing

I also got the

"We're sorry. The number entered is already a Vodafone number. We cannot switch this number to Vodafone."

error on brand new tesco sim just bought this evening. Luckily i found my old 02 card.

No tracking on fatcheese yet either:confused:

I got both receipts for my 2 purchases. Maybe its in your spam?

Nope not there, Fatcheese just popped up though so im prob ok:P

Not holding my breadth for it though as i still have something from March which hasn't been awarded.

Not holding my breadth for it though as i still have something from March which hasn't been awarded.

I have one from last year that is still pending, its the only thing I've ever put through Fatcheese so I'm not particularly impressed.

• Advertisement

Fatcheese isn't showing but like yourself I'm still waiting on my Netflix cashback and a vodafone cashback from October 2011 so I'm not expecting much. As usual there is never any response to support tickets.

loyatemu wrote: »
    I have one from last year that is still pending, its the only thing I've ever put through Fatcheese so I'm not particularly impressed.

In fairness to them i got 35 euro from them over the years from a few sources mostly hotels.com and expedia. They are very slow though as mentioned earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I think the description might be misleading. Don't think its a Smartphone.

It's great! Even smaller and lighter than I thought. I don't mind that it's not smart. It's the perfect running phone.

Now I just need to get a payg sim that I can throw a tenner at every 6 or 8 months.

In fairness to them i got 35 euro from them over the years from a few sources mostly hotels.com and expedia. They are very slow though as mentioned earlier.

I think there has been too much leeway given to Fatcheese. Yes it is free money to the user but its also a lure they use to make money. They're not doing it for charity. They get paid but don't pay out to those who get them the payment, the user. On many occasions I wouldn't have purchased items had it not been for Fatchese offering the rebate but they didn't honour it. Retailer gets a sale they otherwise wouldn't, Fatcheese get paid, buyer doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Burrow_Ursidae

Thanks, ordered. 4" smartphone for 29 can never be bad.

ps: How does the number porting work? Do they send you out another vodafone sim with the phone?
    I just used a spare O2 sim, will I have to wait for them to port the number until I can use my phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

For €29, this is incredibly good value. Only faults I can see are so-so performance (occasional stutter but not really a problem for a backup phone) and poor viewing angles. Screen could be a tad more sensitive but that's only a niggling annoyance more than a major drawback.

Forgot that the missus has her phone unlocked,tried the emobile sim in that to get the security code,no joy.Feck it,I'll just call to the VF shop in the morning and give them the emobile number,I know it'll be a tenner more but what can I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Thanks op ordered one, fatcheese is tracking, last time I ordered from vodafone was 19th december last year and i received the €20 on fatcheese on 14th of May - 5 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

showing as €59 now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any links to a decent flip cover for this lad, arsed if I'm shelling out €20 to Vodafone but not sure what generic or similar sized ebay purchase would fit this phone?
    ps I signed on via Fatcheese but it is not tracking for me...

showing as €59 now

Yeah, I still order this morning. €39 still a good price, and I desperately need a spare phone.

Do a quick search on ebay with "vodafone smart 975" and you'll get rakes of unlock code listings at €1.19
    Still can't find any flip covers though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

To anyone using FatCheese, for whatever reason even though the email says €20 CashBack the website is showing €24. Happy days so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Is the screen glass? Or some plastic muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

Just playing around with the one I ordered, and I'm very impressed for €29, very quick and snappy for a light user! This coming from someone who uses an iphone 5 and has owned a HTC one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Is the screen glass? Or some plastic muck?
    Glass, like most capacitive touch screens. Feels very good for the price!

hi lads,

Just wondering if the phone ships with a Vodafone sim card or do you have to wait until they switch your sim card number that you gave them when you ordered?

Also, are those ebay sellers legit? The ones that can unlock this for 1.19?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

hi lads,

Just wondering if the phone ships with a Vodafone sim card or do you have to wait until they switch your sim card number that you gave them when you ordered?

Also, are those ebay sellers legit? The ones that can unlock this for 1.19?

Cheers
    If you know any Vodafone billpayers, they will have 3 NAC (unlock code) requests which can be accessed through the My Vodafone portal. They might give ya one&#55357;&#56841;

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

How does the 3 month spotify sub work, does the phone they send you include a code or something?

And if you already have a spotify sub, can you cancel it and use it.

Also if you order three phones, would that mean you could end up with 9 months of free spotify?

Will the spotify continue to work, even if you unlock the phone and use it with a different carrier.

Could work out as a nice present for €10 for those who already use spotify.

bk wrote: »
    How does the 3 month spotify sub work, does the phone they send you include a code or something?

And if you already have a spotify sub, can you cancel it and use it.

Also if you order three phones, would that mean you could end up with 9 months of free spotify?

Will the spotify continue to work, even if you unlock the phone and use it with a different carrier.

Could work out as a nice present for €10 for those who already use spotify.

AFAIK the spotify sub is a code, its not tied to the phone in any way, and you can use it with your existing account (i.e. you cancel your premium subscription and on the day it expires you use the code to renew it).

there's an FAQ on the Vodafone website.

Mine just arrived, very solid, not the appearance of a phone that costs anywhere near this price, great deal, I ported so when this happens I'll try one of those ebay lads to see about unlocking...

slave1 wrote: »
    Mine just arrived, very solid, not the appearance of a phone that costs anywhere near this price, great deal, I ported so when this happens I'll try one of those ebay lads to see about unlocking...

Yeah its quite good. But mine is missing a bit of plastic holding the buttons around the edge. Typical...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Got mine and running grand. Used the first unlocked on eBay and had the code within a half hour. Was great timing as family member has phone in for warranty repair.

Have not checked about the spotify yet. Did not see anything about it in box so I assume it might come up when registering sim.

Got mine and running grand. Used the first unlocked on eBay and had the code within a half hour. Was great timing as family member has phone in for warranty repair.

Have not checked about the spotify yet. Did not see anything about it in box so I assume it might come up when registering sim.

Will you PM me the ebay link please?

In my package (not the phone box) there was a card with the spotify offer, it's just a generic card with a link to www.vodafone.ie/myv to register your phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

If you could please PM me the link as well it would be appreciated. I think it's also Ok to post the link here publicly as it's a legitimate third party link.

I'm also impressed with the device. Great backup.

Only needed to unlock my phone so my existing sim works until I'm all ported over to Vodafone on Monday. Actually took me longer to figure out how to get off the back cover than it did to get the phone unlocked :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm also impressed with the device. Great backup.

Only needed to unlock my phone so my existing sim works until I'm all ported over to Vodafone on Monday. Actually took me longer to figure out how to get off the back cover than it did to get the phone unlocked :D

Did you use this one on ebay?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Mini-V875-Vodafone-Smart-III-V975-Mobile-Phone-Unlock-code-/111126072164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19dfa14b64

No, the one below I think. It has a picture of loads of phones, you place the order by filling out a form, then go straight on to the live chat on the ad and they give it to you.

Basil3 wrote: »
    No, the one below I think. It has a picture of loads of phones, you place the order by filling out a form, then go straight on to the live chat on the ad and they give it to you.

Which "one below"?

any chance you'd post a link?

Cheers

Which "one below"?

any chance you'd post a link?

Cheers

Sorry, this one

Edit: now seeing their live chat is offline, so hopefully doesn't slow the process too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Hi I just joined boards to thank the op for this bargain alert. Phone came today, unlock with code from ebay. Sorted thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I bought a code from eBay a couple of hours ago and the code hasn't been received yet. Wish they'd hurry up

slave1 wrote: »
    Any links to a decent flip cover for this lad, arsed if I'm shelling out €20 to Vodafone but not sure what generic or similar sized ebay purchase would fit this phone?
    ps I signed on via Fatcheese but it is not tracking for me...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Magnet-Case-Cover-with-Support-Several-Colors-Vodafone-Smart-3-III-MQH-New-/121206629421?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item1c387a642d
    Possibly this for just over 8 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

dang...just got mine out of the box

some fone for 29 euro..goin' to the young lad anyhow

• Advertisement
Advertisement