Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VODAFONE 4" SMARTPHONE...29 EURO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Didn't bother messing around with Fatcheese,grand phone for the price.It's a million times better than the piece of crap I had and cost feck all to boot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

I .... don't ... need ... this ... phone!!!!! I don't need this phone! Repeat 7 million times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The cover I posted a link to in post #102 arrived from the ebay seller in Spain, a perfect fit, extremely happy with it, 6 days to arrive which is very good given I ordered in the wee hours, it crossed the weekend and XMas and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

similar offer come back but today only, 39 euro when porting over with icans headphone

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

mudxfxa wrote: »
    similar offer come back but today only, 39 euro when porting over with icans headphone

Got a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Got a link?

http://www.vodafone.ie/gifts

Do not click on the link in the OP today.

It looks like the bundle with free headphones is listed as a separate product on the website. The phone should be called Vodafone Smart 3 iCans Bundle in your basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Absoluvely wrote: »
    http://www.vodafone.ie/gifts

Do not click on the link in the OP today.

It looks like the bundle with free headphones is listed as a separate product on the website. The phone should be called Vodafone Smart 3 iCans Bundle in your basket.

Yep, ordered this morning. Was on the eye out for a phone for my mum. She'd have no interest in the pair of headphones, so I will keep them along with the spotify 3 months membership - Happy Days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 UnderWater123

can you get this deal in the b&m shop?

can you get this deal in the b&m shop?
    By the way you can get this deal in Bricks and Mortar Vodafone for 39 if you bring them in your old number and switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 UnderWater123

Thanks but i meant the new deal which includes the headphones...this wasnt in the op

• Advertisement

I was just on to a Voda Live Chat support agent.

He said the Spotify offer applied when you register the phone online (so available on in-store purchases).
    And that the headphones are available in-store as long as they're in stock.
    But that the €20 discount for porting is only available online.

So I'd say it's all available in-store. I'd say he was wrong about the €20 discount.
    you can get this deal in Bricks and Mortar Vodafone for 39 if you bring them in your old number and switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'm still waiting for the number to port so I can register for spotify, anyone else take ages to port.
    I'm not that bothered as it's not a number I use regularly but would like to get spotify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

He said the Spotify offer applied when you register the phone online (so available on in-store purchases).

So I'd say it's all available in-store. I'd say he was wrong about the €20 discount.

Yeah he was. I got the €20 discount in store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Burrow_Ursidae

I'm not. It's available instore.

And I got the headphones with my online purchase( they'll join the countless other cheap headphones in the drawer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Just want to say thank you to the OP and all the posters. Great bargain. Unlocked and rooted. All a doddle. Taking off the battery took me a while though. My son is gonna love it on xmas day. Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Just want to say thank you to the OP and all the posters. Great bargain. Unlocked and rooted. All a doddle. Taking off the battery took me a while though. My son is gonna love it on xmas day. Thanks all.

I have had difficulty finding a rooting guide for this phone on the net. I am not an expert by any means but have rooted 3 phones to date and even put Cyanogen Mod on my last one. Do you have a good guide link to root it that you would care to share with us?
    Thanks.

PS. the phone appears better than my Huawei G300 so I am envious of the wife now. Thanks go to the OP for this.

slavedave wrote: »
    I have had difficulty finding a rooting guide for this phone on the net. I am not an expert by any means but have rooted 3 phones to date and even put Cyanogen Mod on my last one. Do you have a good guide link to root it that you would care to share with us?
    Thanks.

PS. the phone appears better than my Huawei G300 so I am envious of the wife now. Thanks go to the OP for this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2511695

Im on my phone at the mo but the above should show you. There's a link somewhere on this thread. It was a case of downloading a programme to the pc and then connecting the phone to the pc. Took about 5 minutes. Get a app of the play store to check if rooted.i was surprised how simple it was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I bought another one of these last week... Vodafone claim it was delivered last Friday and if I look at the tracking it is signed in my name but it's clearly not my signature... I was home all day and absolutely nothing came. Will have to wait and see what will happen when Vodafone reply. Will they just send me another one? The sim I'm supposed to be changing over still says Meteor as well.

How long do these phones the to be delivered guys?

According to their website, if you order before 3pm Monday - Thursday, you'll get it the next day. I ordered mine on Thursday morning - still not here :(

• Advertisement

Next day for me...

I ordered friday got it on Wednesday.

Can't wait to get mine now

Is there any way to remove the Vodafone apps are that I'm sure will come on the phone?

are they easy to unlock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Vodafone say that I'll have to make a claim with An Post now that someone has my phone... So pi$$ed off...

Can't wait to get mine now

Is there any way to remove the Vodafone apps are that I'm sure will come on the phone?

are they easy to unlock?

Unlock is easy - just use the ebay links in previous threads.
    Rooting the phone to remove apps was harder (I have done it but I still can't get rid of the Vfone branded boot up screen). If you search for some software called Impactor by Cydia there is a link to a small programme on the site (with instructions) that did it in seconds - usual caveat that messing with your phone could render it unusable though. My internet searches referenced the software on a number of occasions so I was prepared to take a risk - YMMV.

slavedave wrote: »
    Unlock is easy - just use the ebay links in previous threads.
    Rooting the phone to remove apps was harder (I have done it but I still can't get rid of the Vfone branded boot up screen). If you search for some software called Impactor by Cydia there is a link to a small programme on the site (with instructions) that did it in seconds - usual caveat that messing with your phone could render it unusable though. My internet searches referenced the software on a number of occasions so I was prepared to take a risk - YMMV.

Found the link to the cydia software mate, cheers

Can you give some more details about how you removed the Vodafone apps?

Once you have run Impactor, just go to your apps screen and click and hold the VF app you want to remove. A bin appears at the top of the screen and you drag it into the bin. All but one of my VF apps could be removed this way. I checked in my Application pages in the phones settings and they were gone. You can get uninstallers from the play store to help uninstall as well but I didn't need one.
    All the best with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

How long did it take you guys to get your unlock code after you ordered?

I got one email saying "Congratulations! You have won the auction" but I have not got an email with the unlock code yet.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Fungus wrote: »
    How long did it take you guys to get your unlock code after you ordered?

I got one email saying "Congratulations! You have won the auction" but I have not got an email with the unlock code yet.

3 and a half hours for me today.

BTW absolutely awesome phone for the money.

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    3 and a half hours for me today.

BTW absolutely awesome phone for the money.

Can u link to the seller you bought your unlock code from?

I got my code from this guy http://m.ebay.ie/itm?itemId=251355895472

Sent him the details and got the code in 5 minutes. You gotta pm your emei and some other yolk

Got my phone this morning

Had it unlocked and rooted in 5 mins

Very impressed with the phone

Does anyone know if I order another one of these through fat cheese will I get another €20 cashback? (The first €20 is already showing up in my fatcheese account)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

Got my phone this morning

Had it unlocked and rooted in 5 mins

Very impressed with the phone

Does anyone know if I order another one of these through fat cheese will I get another €20 cashback? (The first €20 is already showing up in my fatcheese account)

yes, tradedoubler will credit fatchees another 20e+4e if you buy via the tracking url.. once completed the graph API will be called via order confirmation page from vodafone then they will get the credit... you may need to wait for more than 6 months to get as vodafone won't pay TD -> FC once a month...

I only got €20 for the first phone

Is there a way to get €24? If there is can you give details plz

Quick question for anyone with this phone,how do you lengthen the duration of your ringtone,mine rings for a few seconds then goes silent.I've missed several calls due to this.It's the same tone I had on my other phone so I know that's not the issue as it played for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

slave1 wrote: »
    I used this guy, got the code in a few hours, worked 100%

Maybe I'm getting paranoid in my old age but ....

As recommended above I was looking at this guy for unlock codes and he wants waaaaaayyyy too much info before allowing it to happen. The PID and IMEI numbers are fine, but he wants your paypal name, (would be fine with that), your full real name (not happy with that) and your full email that is tied in to your ebay account (not happy with that either). That's just one step away from being able to get access to your ebay account.

The least amount of info you give away the better.

Have to keep searching.

I only got €20 for the first phone

Is there a way to get €24? If there is can you give details plz

20e in our acc and will u get paid 20e + vat = 24.80e

infocal wrote: »
    20e in our acc and will u get paid 20e + vat = 24.80e

and you are supposed to inform revenue your extra income :):D

woidoi wrote: »

As recommended above I was looking at this guy for unlock codes and he wants waaaaaayyyy too much info before allowing it to happen. The PID and IMEI numbers are fine, but he wants your paypal name, (would be fine with that), your full real name (not happy with that) and your full email that is tied in to your ebay account (not happy with that either). That's just one step away from being able to get access to your ebay account.

Have to keep searching.

He needs to use your email tied to your PayPal account to send you the code, name would need to tie in also I assume, I'd no bother anyway, if uneasy then try elsewhere I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

The ebay seller I used was great, there is a link a few pages back, was recommended on this thread a few pages back.

I am still waiting for Vodaphone to port the number nearly two weeks later, talk about slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Have to keep searching.

But your full real name is the same as the name you should have on your paypal account, unless you signed up to paypal with fake information...? :confused:
    Most people use the same email for ebay/paypal anyway, but even if not, shouldn't you be more worried about someone getting access to your paypal account than ebay? (neither's happening regardless) :confused::confused:

As I said I might be paranoid ..... I went with this guy instead http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251355895472?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just put your PID and IMEI in a note to the seller. He doesn't need to know your real name or your e-mail address; all communication is done through E-bay as it was originally set up to do. The unlock code came through in less than 60 secs :D

Just put your PID and IMEI in a note to the seller....

Excuse my ignorance, but whats your PID?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

As I said I might be paranoid ..... I went with this guy instead http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251355895472?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just put your PID and IMEI in a note to the seller. He doesn't need to know your real name or your e-mail address; all communication is done through E-bay as it was originally set up to do. The unlock code came through in less than 60 secs :D

Used this guy too, responded in minutes

twirlagig wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but whats your PID?

Provider ID. You'll find both numbers in the battery compartment of the phone. The IMEI is the long number at the bottom.

Mucho gracias to the OP. Sweet phone for the price. Comparable to the Ascend Y300 I would say. TTFN.

Provider ID. You'll find both numbers in the battery compartment of the phone. The IMEI is the long number at the bottom.

Mucho gracias to the OP. Sweet phone for the price. Comparable to the Ascend Y300 I would say. TTFN.

Cheers for that! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Haviong had this over a week it kicks my other smartphone's ass. (Huawei y300 which paid 79e on meteor only a couple of months ago)

More internal storage. Both advertise as 4GB but only 1GB available in the y300. 2GB available in Vodafone.

Runs MUCH smoother. Samsung Swype and Cabbage run flawlessly on the smart 3 whereas they're laggy on the huawei.

Battery life plus charging time way better in Smart 3 - The Huawei takes an Aeon to charge.

Camera on Vodafone miles better. The y300 has a slightly better screen but that's the only thing it beats it in.

I've made it my main anyway, lovely phone and nothing to lose with the price.

I installed themer beta on it to make my screens look nice & funky.Anyone who's seen the phone thought it was a more expensive model.
    Was gonna order one from China but this is more than adequate for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 swab

Can I tether with this phone on stock Vodafone ROM, anybody, please ?

If not, what is required in order to do so (tether) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Is the PID the same on all phones?
    I'd like to get the unlock code without opening it.
    If anyone could put up the PID code I'd appreciate it.
    Tks Mark.

The ID on the external sticker is V975-2AVDIE1

• Advertisement
Advertisement