Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Santa Strike Force 10th Anniversary! Please donate here, over 16k raised!

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I was not overly impressed by seeing another man's ballsack :pac:

Ha ha DanniehasaBrazilian :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I was not overly impressed by seeing another man's ballsack :pac:

Ha ha DanniehasaBrazilian :D

well I was cold so there is that....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

well I was cold so there is that....

Sure, sure, cold. I understand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's all I can see when I close my eyes touch myself at night.
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I'll send a donation in a few, seeing as I got a nice bonus from work.

Also, next time someone donates.... €30 or more in one go, I'll subscribe to boards and change my username to something of that person's choice for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

How much has been raised to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭weisses

Over 16K ...WOW ...Just wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The pledged amount will be higher than the "in account" amount as peeps won't have made transactions yet.

I am guilty of this. Owe the fund an €80 pledge. :o

Yeh I still have the ball waxing money in Dannie's feather handbag but I've vowed to DeVore I'll lodge it reeeeaaaal soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Right, sent mine there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Dannie's feather handbag LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

weisses wrote: »
    Over 16K ...WOW ...Just wow

Wow... It's so impressive. And so amazing how the good will of a few individuals can become so infectious. Well done to all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Just donated. :)

Amazing amount raised so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I was screwed over by boss before christmas so couldnt afford to donate with santa etc guys sorry... when he pays me at month end ill throw ye some money.... its a wonderful cause you should all be very proud...

Btw no boobs this year????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Btw no boobs this year????

I don't think you should ask that! Don't think there ever were anyway. You had to be there to see them as they covered themselves for the photographs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Neeson wrote: »
    I don't think you should ask that! Don't think there ever were anyway. You had to be there to see them as they covered themselves for the photographs.

Jesus dont even start i was joking... some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Jesus dont even start i was joking... some people.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5SJ4183220472863V.

Was **** all cause I've no money. Will donate again next week when I get more money!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

DeVore wrote: »
    I suggest we wait until the end of Jan to make the draw for the places on the castle night etc to give everyone time and then we will determine who is going on a scary sleep over :)

Any more on this?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... I literally just wrote to all the mods to discuss how we are going to handle this, lol!

Yes, I'm on the ball (ish). Real life, yes I have one, intruded, along with a number of SSF projects (yay!) which have kicked off.

Don Bosco houses are getting hit with a garden make over and some computer equipment. Oznam house is hitting the high notes with an order of instruments and several other projects have been identified and are in the process of being fulfilled.

Suffice it to say that the cash is entirely ear marked now...!

As soon as we sort out the logistics of how to pick winners and what the best use of the prize pool is I'll be back. Thats within 24-72 hours. When we do, we'll make a new forum post for it, to let everyone know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

DeVore wrote: »
    Oznam house is hitting the high notes with an order of instruments and several other projects have been identified and are in the process of being fulfilled.

You should work for a really really bad advertising agency :pac:

Well done DeV, can't wait to hear all details of the sekrit projects and stuff! Legends Ted, they're everywhere.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So I promised you an update. Here it is....

***drum roll please**

I've decided....... to hand it all over to Whoops to sort out.

I thank you.

No seriously, between running my own superawesome games company and trying to sort out a bunch of these projects, my time is kinda taken up and its not fair if SSF stuff slides because of that, so the answer is to delegate and Whoopsadaisy said she would step up. Tbh, she did such an amazing job of the raffle, she'll do this better than me anyway. :)

So, the plan is that we pick a date in April to book the castle. We draw numbers at random and those people will get invites! If they cant make that date, there will be alternates. Sorry, but finding a date everyone is ok with would just be a nightmare.

Whoops will be along to sort all the logistics out.

On a side note, this year is the year of delegation for SSF. It is really reaching a point where my time is a limit to the growth of the charity so either I keep it as a sort of vanity project which was never the intention or I trust to a few people who have been stalwarts all along and let them take some of the burden. I'm going to do the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does one need to have provided their Paypal authorisation code to be entered in the draw as I didn't list mine on my reply?

No, we'll be picking from all the donations made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Can we have tee-shirts now? Pleaseeeeeee :)

T-shirts are a really poor way of raising money. Possibly they are worth it from a branding point of view for big, permanent charities like Barretstown but from the 15 notes you might spend on a Tee, maybe 1-2 would go to the charity. Getting even 200 people to buy a tee would be a huge response, the more likely number is 50. So, you can see that from an effort & donation pov, its not a good way to go. I could be wrong but we looked into it for Boards and really, the whole industry is a scam almost.

:(

So, the castle is closed until May ... so it will be May when we are going (which... is nice, warmer and hopefully sunny)

We have to arrange a date but as soon as we have that, we'll pick entries. Please bear with us!

In the mean time, I'm busy hitting targets and thats coming along nicely.

All booked for 17th May \o/

I'll be picking the winners on Tuesday next when I've a bit more free time to sort out numbers etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I dibs winning! :pac: It's my birthday week, it's only fair :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

All booked for 17th May \o/

I'll be picking the winners on Tuesday next when I've a bit more free time to sort out numbers etc :)

The suspense is killing us, whoops :(

Sorry! I have them picked, I just need make sure I have the numbers right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I just need make sure I have the numbers right :D

Mine's 086-XXXXXXX ;)

Last edited by whoopsadaisydoodles; 12-03-2014 at 12:23. Reason: Phone number removed to be used for my own inappropriate purposes.

Can I opt out of this prize thing? As cool as it sounds, I'll be busy so give it to someone else :)

Can I opt out of this prize thing? As cool as it sounds, I'll be busy so give it to someone else :)

some winners are being contacted now via pm today. We are waiting to hear back from everyone but we'll keep your post in mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

some winners are being contacted now via pm today. We are waiting to hear back from everyone but we'll keep your post in mind!

Oi, wheres my pm!

:D

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Oi, wheres my pm!

:D

in the post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

in the post...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Be afraid, be very afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Not sure if this is ok or not but........

Sadly Liam Heffernan passed away this morning joining his sister Saorise after a brave life long battle with battens disease.

So in their memory, if people wished, could they please text BUZZ to donate to 50300. Text cost is €4.

I posted here due to the bumbalance connection. I'm reporting this post in case mods wish to delete it. I have no connection at all to the family. I just would like to think a show of support might be some small comfort to the parents.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/liam-heffernan-battens-disease-rip-1447764-May2014/

Done.
    RIP Liam and Saoirse.

Done. Donation receipt number 7507

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Done

Receipt 6612

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Receipt 2080.

RIP, Liam.

Yeah done it too. There aren't many people in this I stand in awe of but Tony Heffernan is definitely one. Not only have both his children Liam and Saoirse had Battens disease but on top of the huge workload of looking after them and holding down a regular job, he and Mary have worked tirelessly to bring Bumbleance to a reality and are now working on Liams Lodge, a respite home for parents of children with rare diseases. They also run Saoirse Foundation and Bee is For Battens.

The man and his wife are just amazing people.

SSF helped Bumbleance last year and is pledged again to help with Bumbleance and also with Liams Lodge.

I cant tell you how sad it made me to hear of Liam's passing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement