Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Campaign

Options
  • 04-12-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I think that given the issues currently experienced in Tramore the last couple of weeks and which are going to persist till Feb 14 that this video become Eircom's next advertisement,cause it sums the company up perfectly.

No insult to the Eircom Rep's here,you've a job to do and i respect that,its just the money hungry company that employ's you i've issues with.

Enjoy folks :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

DaveC85 wrote: »
    I think that given the issues currently experienced in Tramore the last couple of weeks and which are going to persist till Feb 14 that this video become Eircom's next advertisement,cause it sums the company up perfectly.

No insult to the Eircom Rep's here,you've a job to do and i respect that,its just the money hungry company that employ's you i've issues with.

Enjoy folks :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso

Hi DaveC85,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having. I have checked this with our technical support team and they have no issues logged for your area.
    Can you confirm the issues you are having and who advised it will continue until Feb 14?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Hi Tracey,

I'm on the up to 25meg unlimited package with my line capped at 9 meg for optimum speeds. During the day i can run a speed test and get a result with a minimum of 7megs and the same way during the night from roughly 2 am onwards. Once 6pm hits my speed plummets and my latency goes through the roof.At best i get 2.5 meg till around 12am. All the test's have been done with 2 engineers calling to my house and finding that there's nothing wrong with the cable's of my house internally and externally.

Both engineers explained that during the recent thunderstorms a network card was fried and as a result the other cards need to pick up the slack. So once the majority of people start logging on as usual past 6pm,the loss of the card is noticed as the lines become congested and speeds decrease.

I'm not the only person here in tramore to notice this issue either. I'd imagine more people would notice if they were heavy users but the majority aren't. I use the internet for the sky player app,my xbox and phone,my partner for her laptop and phone so normally there's at least 2 devices using the internet. That comes to an end at night now because there's not enough bandwidth coming into my house to handle more than one device.

These speed tests are also being performed with the wifi switched off at the router and one laptop connected via ethernet. Imagine how bad it would be over a wireless connection with more than one device? It's honestly like dial up at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Tracey,

I'm on the up to 25meg unlimited package with my line capped at 9 meg for optimum speeds. During the day i can run a speed test and get a result with a minimum of 7megs and the same way during the night from roughly 2 am onwards. Once 6pm hits my speed plummets and my latency goes through the roof.At best i get 2.5 meg till around 12am. All the test's have been done with 2 engineers calling to my house and finding that there's nothing wrong with the cable's of my house internally and externally.

Both engineers explained that during the recent thunderstorms a network card was fried and as a result the other cards need to pick up the slack. So once the majority of people start logging on as usual past 6pm,the loss of the card is noticed as the lines become congested and speeds decrease.

I'm not the only person here in tramore to notice this issue either. I'd imagine more people would notice if they were heavy users but the majority aren't. I use the internet for the sky player app,my xbox and phone,my partner for her laptop and phone so normally there's at least 2 devices using the internet. That comes to an end at night now because there's not enough bandwidth coming into my house to handle more than one device.

These speed tests are also being performed with the wifi switched off at the router and one laptop connected via ethernet. Imagine how bad it would be over a wireless connection with more than one device? It's honestly like dial up at night.
    Hi DaveC85

Apologies for this, I understand these issues can have adverse affect on your online experience and I hope that your issues are resolved when advised. Tracey has looked into specific issues with your line and would not be able to see area wide issues which the eircom engineers advised you on.

Thanks

Al

Thats grand Alan thank you. Had another engineer out this morning,roughly around 9:30 am. Same story,he tests the line,the speed is near full with no drop and everything looks grand. Its not till late though when the speeds drop,and unfortunately that doesn't happen within the parameters of his working day.

I'll just have to grin and bear it untill citywest pull the finger out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Why in the name of God, can't they just replace said "fried" network card??? That video is sooooooo apt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thats grand Alan thank you. Had another engineer out this morning,roughly around 9:30 am. Same story,he tests the line,the speed is near full with no drop and everything looks grand. Its not till late though when the speeds drop,and unfortunately that doesn't happen within the parameters of his working day.

I'll just have to grin and bear it untill citywest pull the finger out lol
    Hi DaveC85

I do hope so, I'm aware of issues like these and unfortunately all too aware of the inconvenience this can cause. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime.

Thanks

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You could.... fix it?

It's down to costs. Rather than fix it now,citywest have the mindset of "we'll just wait till we're rolling out fibre in a couple of months" and do it all at once.

And sure why not. They won't be the one's to suffer the brunt of frustration. It'll be dumped on the tech support reps who no offence intended seem to be kept out of the loop. Not once has any rep on the phone been aware of the issue. I served some time(much like the rest of waterford at one point) working at Aol and at any stage if there was an outage or network problem of any instance we were always informed in order to handle the calls more effeciently.

Regardless of the issue one thing for certain is I will not be payin 100% of my monthly charge. I'm a new customer signed up since september for uncongested unlimited broadband and thats quite simply not what i'm receiving.

Advertisement