Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone fibre broadband upload speed

• 04-12-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I just spoke to vodafone rep about fibre broadband and they offer 70/24 MB. I'm currently with UPC 120/10 MB and the upload speed is for me more important than download, as I have a home server. Can anyone confirm that "up to 24 MB upload" it the real value and not just a bait for customers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

It depends on how far you are from the cabinet, im about 200m directly but its showing as ~400-500m from my stats( and i would say that is probably correct if the cables follow the roads ). Anyway im with Vodafone and on the 50/20 profile and my upload is ~16-17Megabit so its close enough, same with the download, its about 47Megabit.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I just spoke to vodafone rep about fibre broadband and they offer 70/24 MB. I'm currently with UPC 120/10 MB and the upload speed is for me more important than download, as I have a home server. Can anyone confirm that "up to 24 MB upload" it the real value and not just a bait for customers?

The current maximum upload for all VDSL providers, including VF is 20Mbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone notice or is it even possible for fibre broadband speeds to drop?? My speed has dropped 2MBs when wired and almost 10MBs on the wireless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I'm on VF fibre service for almost a month now and the upload speed is almost 17Mb with download of 66Mb. Consistent results from speedtest whether daytime or evening. It's Mb (megabit) not MB (megabyte).

Advertisement