Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool Tables in pubs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

I know tis a bit outside the city. But saratoga in waterford has one also

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Gardner wrote: »
    alot of the old regulars have left grimes due to toms running of the pub. shambolic at times..... closing bar early on sunday night so he can race on upto rubys for a few. the guinness down there is absolute muck. pub would be freezing down there, he was more interested in buring the rubbish in the fire than putting coal in it. he got fined 10k for piping the sky in from the house. when you uised to be a local you know and see these things.

used to be a great pub and but if put on the market today wouldnt be worth more than 220k. alot of work needs to be done to it after neglect over the years

You clearly have some underlying issues here. I know Tom and his family very well and I know how he puts his heart and soul into keeping that pub going. My old man and uncle have been regulars in Grimes for a long time and neither of them have a bad word to say about Tom. Maybe your upset with how he changed the style of pub it was and the younger crowd it attracts nowadays? I guarantee if Tom had kept the pub the way it was going before he took over, the place would be now derelict. Unfortunately serving Guinness to a few regulars at the weekend doesn't work for pubs anymore and certainly doesn't pay the rates and bills. Regarding closing the pub early on a Sunday - yeah, how dare he shut an hour earlier than usual to enjoy the small bit of social life he had earned working the previous 6 nights until all hours. Back into The Wander Inn with you ;)

PS Sorry to the opening poster for derailing the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

You clearly have some underlying issues here. I know Tom and his family very well and I know how he puts his heart and soul into keeping that pub going. My old man and uncle have been regulars in Grimes for a long time and neither of them have a bad word to say about Tom. Maybe your upset with how he changed the style of pub it was and the younger crowd it attracts nowadays? I guarantee if Tom had kept the pub the way it was going before he took over, the place would be now derelict. Unfortunately serving Guinness to a few regulars at the weekend doesn't work for pubs anymore and certainly doesn't pay the rates and bills. Regarding closing the pub early on a Sunday - yeah, how dare he shut an hour earlier than usual to enjoy the small bit of social life he had earned working the previous 6 nights until all hours. Back into The Wander Inn with you ;)

PS Sorry to the opening poster for derailing the thread.

ditto

Advertisement