Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restore iPhone

• 04-12-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Bit of a techy question I'm trying to get around. Ok, partner has iPhone 5 and Apple Logo of death is flashing!! So did the usual home and lock button with no results.
    Next tried the iTunes restore. All seems to be working and restoring until error 21 pops up, have found out this normally means a security error. As a result we've uninstalled sec software and temp disabled firewall etc. Still nothing!!! It's now varying between error 21 and error 3196.
    I don't know a great amount about computers and have been tested the past few days doing this! Trying to avoid sending it to Apple due to Christmas post and delays.
    Now I keep seeing about proxys and hosts on apple support but lost?!?
    Has anyone had this problem before and be able to fix it at home?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Google "mshosts fixit" download and run that and restart the PC. Have you got the latest iTunes installed as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Yep latest version is downloaded, tried that ms fixit and not done anything. Will try the last 2 steps, connecting computer with Ethernet instead of wireless and then trying to restore on another computer.
    Also tried the DFU mode to no avail still error 3194 (not 3196 as I said above)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Turn off the router and PC and try again in a few minutes.

guil wrote: »
    Turn off the router and PC and try again in a few minutes.

Sorry if I sound stupid but by router you mean Internet? I have Three Wireless Dongle so can't connect with Ethernet, was going to try in parents house tomorrow with their broadband connection.

Even went as far as borrowing stepdads laptop with Linux Ubuntu on it!!! For someone who was okish on computers I've been thrown in deep end with Ubuntu haha!!!!!

Gave up trying to restore the phone so have sent it back to apple for repair!

• Advertisement
Advertisement