Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a child to Santa in Limerick

• 04-12-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

hi was trying to find a place to take my 3 year old to Santa this year.was going to take him to bunratty but most good dates are booked out and are very dear anyway but was wondering is there any other decent places to take a child to santa in limerick.only ones i know of are the one in jetland and at the delta adventure place .has anyone been to either of these places yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Haven't been personally & not in Limerick but I'm told Aillwee caves is supposed to be good
    http://www.aillweecave.ie/santas-workshop.html

The Crescent is popular & I think there is a free one just outside Superquinn in Castletroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

There is a santa in Thomas Street in Limerick in santa's cabin. Heard good reports about this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

http://www.santaexperience.ie/limerick/

Moved from town to Jetland this year. Lots of good reports about it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    http://www.santaexperience.ie/limerick/

Moved from town to Jetland this year. Lots of good reports about it last year.

Lol, they said to my niece "what do you think of the North Pole?" Said in a Santa voice and she replied "there's load of extension leads". They weren't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Do they have one in Brown Thomas this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Wilbert13 wrote: »

Was wondering the same, went there last year, Santa was great and the proceeds went to ISPCC I think

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Wilbert13 wrote: »

Apparently not. He was brilliant and his costume was fantastic. He's not back this year as a lot of people wouldn't pay the €5 for the photo which went to charity and they took their own photo instead.

If you won't pay €5 for your visit to Santa and a charity benefits 100%, you really can't blame BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Apparently not. He was brilliant and his costume was fantastic. He's not back this year as a lot of people wouldn't pay the €5 for the photo which went to charity and they took their own photo instead.

If you won't pay €5 for your visit to Santa and a charity benefits 100%, you really can't blame BT.

FFS! That is ridiculous that people wouldn't pay the fiver for ISPCC. All my Santa photos were from Todds so was hoping to take my child for his first Xmas photo there.

Anywhere else around that has a fairly decent Santa either in city centre or Dublin Road side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've heard the Santa in Delta Adventure Centre on the Ballysimon Rd was good in previous years and the child gets 90 minutes play time after the visit. The toddler area there is really big, with lots for the little guys to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Regional Santas are great especially if you're not the native accent yourself like the Santa on the radio with those eejits after 12 on Todayfm. He had a very definitive north side Dublin accent. How did Santa pick up such an Accent on his travels. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Any Santa open late Friday evening? After 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

Santa in the city centre in Thomas Street is very good. He gives loads of time to each child. The cost is 10.00 per child including a gift. Photo is 5.00 extra but you can take your own pictures also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Went to The Santa Experience in the Jetland, had heard very mixed reviews but we were delighted with it, price is €10 per child including a gift, €2 per adult. Photo is €8 but discounts if you buy more than one but they were also happy to take one with my camera. We hadn't booked so were lucky to get in, booking is advisable.

Advertisement