Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smokey coal

Options
  • 04-12-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Where is the closest place to south dublin that can sell smokey coal?

Im thinking maybe blessington? There was a garage on the enniskerry road that sold the coal but the stopped.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi.

Im thinking maybe blessington? There was a garage on the enniskerry road that sold the coal but the stopped.

Thanks.
    Its illegal to use in Dublin.
    Why would you want to burn it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

ted1 wrote: »
    Its illegal to use in Dublin.
    Why would you want to burn it?

Maybe because it is hotter, easier to light, and less likely likely to spark all over the gaff... unlike the smokeless rubbish.

Hi.

Thanks.

You can get it in Bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It's still illegal to burn regardless.

Maybe because it is hotter, easier to light, and less likely likely to spark all over the gaff... unlike the smokeless rubbish.
    sure throw on few tyres while your at it.

your using the wrong stuff. there's plenty of different smokeless coals out there try using a different brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Thanks for the helpful hints to the actual question and thanks to the moral police who feel the need to throw in their two cents.

Thanks for the helpful hints to the actual question and thanks to the moral police who feel the need to throw in their two cents.

Generally I don't care what other people to , each to their own. but when what you do affects myself an other its up to the morale Police to step up to the plate and point out when some on is being a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

ted1 wrote: »
    Generally I don't care what other people to , each to their own. but when what you do affects myself an other its up to the morale Police to step up to the plate and point out when some on is being a dick.

so how is asking about the sale of coal being a dick?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's not illegal to burn, it's illegal to sell.

SpaceTime wrote: »
    It's still illegal to burn regardless.

The Clean Air Act of 1990 bans the marketing, distribution and sale of Bituminous coal in designated areas. There is no ban on the burning of any solid fuel.

• Advertisement

It's not illegal to burn, it's illegal to sell.

Since May last year it's being illegal to burn it.
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Legislation/Environment/Atmosphere/FileDownLoad,31033,en.pdf

The Clean Air Act of 1990 bans the marketing, distribution and sale of Bituminous coal in designated areas. There is no ban on the burning of any solid fuel.

There's an update act which I've linked to

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

So it has, I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

There's a place in newtownmountkennedy beside the town house pub that sells it. Costs €18 for a 40 kilo bag. Compared to €11.50 for 20 kilos in the esso in kilmac.

You could go to Glanbia in Ashford but I think it's the same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try being asthmatic! Nothing to do with morals! Some of us like breathing!

Advertisement