Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD Help.

Options
  • 04-12-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I just got an Samsung 840 basic 120-GB solid state drive, and i want to put windows 7 on it i use Windows 7 N now on this drive and i don't have the codes to activate it again if i reinstall on the ssd but i have the product ID, right click computer go to properties its says it i was wondering if download and install windows 7 n to the ssd and use that code would it work ? and i notice i have the ssd installed in my computer and its coming up with my other drives ?

Comments

No, product ID is not the same as activation key.

If Windows came with your computer, you should have a product key on a sticker or leaflet. This key can be used to reinstall the same version and channel of Windows onto the same PC.

Alternatively you can find the key using something like Jelly Bean keyfinder.

If you download Windows 7 make sure to get it from a legit MS source.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

No, product ID is not the same as activation key.

If Windows came with your computer, you should have a product key on a sticker or leaflet. This key can be used to reinstall the same version and channel of Windows onto the same PC.

Alternatively you can find the key using something like Jelly Bean keyfinder.

If you download Windows 7 make sure to get it from a legit MS source.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html

Awh crap :( no i built my PC but i got a loan of Windows 7 ultimate n of my uncle and i cant find the iso file anywhere if anyone could help would be much appreciated and ill get jello bean keyfinder and have a go :)

Advertisement