Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Based Beta Testers Required :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Why the FB link?

What does it involve for a tester and any incentive?

What's and where is your privacy policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Lets see... first time poster, looking for people to sign up and give details about finances.... maybe I'm just paranoid but not a hope I'd sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vanilla Sky

Hi Tricky D thanks for the overview, you’re going to have to forgive my ignorance on using boards.ie as this is my first time posting here. In regards to why it is going to Facebook and then reverting, I’m not sure why it is doing this but I will have a look at it now and fix it. The privacy policy I am will include which at present; the website has a 128 bit encryption with all the data submitted. I am going to delete the above post and repost with the alterations suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It is clear you posted the Facebook link and tried to hide it. I only wish I hadn't clicked it and gone onto that site. IMO you are directing users to a site they don't want to go to for whatever reason and that's not ok. What you have done is as bad as posting a link to malware really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hi everyone…I am currently looking for a LOT of volunteers (Beta Testers) to help test a verrry interesting project I am working on. MyMoneyPlatform is an Irish web based application that helps you do your personalised financial plan easily; plus it's going to be free when launched. This innovative software allows you to take control of your personal finances and gives you clear unbiased recommendations on all the important areas of your finances, e.g life assurance.

Testing is going to begin now in December and we are looking for you to sign up via the link here:http://mymoneyplatform.com/[/URL]

Thanking you in advance for signing up :D

Yup, trust is lacking here due to considerable or almost total lack of info (privacy poilcy, contact information, what's involved, incentive, potentially dodgy FB link, etc... at least the whois info is not hidden). Obviously users real financial info shouldn't be used but that's not made clear in any way. Lastly, I'm a firm believer in investing properly in your start-up phase ie. pay real experienced testers a proper tester rate to get proper test feedback, not some randoms from the innernit. Testing is no trivial matter.

If an idea is worth it, invest in it properly.

I'd avoid until these matters are tackled.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info Tricky, i'm going to take note of the above. I private messaged you about deleting the post, if you could send me in the right direction, many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Hi Tricky D thanks for the overview, you’re going to have to forgive my ignorance on using boards.ie as this is my first time posting here. In regards to why it is going to Facebook and then reverting, I’m not sure why it is doing this but I will have a look at it now and fix it. The privacy policy I am will include which at present; the website has a 128 bit encryption with all the data submitted. I am going to delete the above post and repost with the alterations suggested

That's not a privacy policy, that's probably a description of ssl encryption. Are you aware of data protection legislation? Very serious penalties for ignoring it.

Thanks professore, no i wasn't but i am looking to have the post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah, I can help you with that by pointing out that you're breaking the site rules and forum charter by advertising your product on here. If you want to do that, email hello@boards.ie and they'll discuss advertising pricing with you. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement