Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level Accounting

• 04-12-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I was wondering wether its worth working on the Interpretation accounts because they come up every year? and is it easy to pick up marks in it?
    My teacher isnt going to go into major detail because she says students dont tend to focus on it as theres too much writing and stuff like that :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hey Megan!
    I'm currently doing HL Accounting in 6th year. I asked this question to my grinds teacher who told me that it is next to impossible to get FULL marks on this question. Examiners tend to mark this very harshly because it is a guaranteed question. You also have to write 2+ pages for the question B part and must be inch perfect in terms of detail.

Personally, I'm going to go over it but not in detail. I'm gonna go in-depth with other questions and if all goes wrong on the day, I can at least attempt the interpretations.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Hey Megan!
    I'm currently doing HL Accounting in 6th year. I asked this question to my grinds teacher who told me that it is next to impossible to get FULL marks on this question. Examiners tend to mark this very harshly because it is a guaranteed question. You also have to write 2+ pages for the question B part and must be inch perfect in terms of detail.

Personally, I'm going to go over it but not in detail. I'm gonna go in-depth with other questions and if all goes wrong on the day, I can at least attempt the interpretations.

Hope this helps!

I got full marks on it in a test a few weeks ago. My essay part was 2 and a bit pages, got the whole question done in the 40 minutes too. It's quite an easy question imo, just learn the formulas and find some sample essays and take their merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Hey Megan!
    I asked this question to my grinds teacher who told me that it is next to impossible to get FULL marks on this question. Examiners tend to mark this very harshly because it is a guaranteed question.

This is true.

I got full marks on it in a test a few weeks ago. My essay part was 2 and a bit pages, got the whole question done in the 40 minutes too. It's quite an easy question imo, just learn the formulas and find some sample essays and take their merits.

As did I, but in the actual Leaving Cert, the examiners are tight with marks.

Best place to try it would be in the mocks. Try the interpretations and see how you come out in it. IMO, I think it's much easier to do the other two questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

We wont have it done by the mocks, but I guess I can try it when we do get to it and see how it goes. Do use think sole trader will come up this year? Or is it a bit too obvious ?

• Advertisement

MeganB wrote: »
    We wont have it done by the mocks, but I guess I can try it when we do get to it and see how it goes. Do use think sole trader will come up this year? Or is it a bit too obvious ?

Yeah, I think Sole Traders will come up this year. Gonna skip it though, find 60 mark questions so much easier.

Advertisement