Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Laurels, Tullow Rd.

• 04-12-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Is this a nice area to live?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

would not be top of my list. Probably would not even be on my list. Renting or buying? You should search the forum and it has been done before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

jimmurt wrote: »
    Is this a nice area to live?

No No No. It's one of the most troubled estates in all of Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's absolutely fine imo. Have a few friends living up there now and they love it, majority of the troublemakers have moved on elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

SV wrote: »
    It's absolutely fine imo. Have a few friends living up there now and they love it, majority of the troublemakers have moved on elsewhere.

Thats good to hear. Is JSP still as bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

What about Dolmen Mews on the Kilkenny rd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

The problem with most estates on the Kilkenny road is the proliferation of students.
    Not that there's anything wrong with students (god knows i was one myself for long enough...) but they are know for a particular type of lifestyle/timekeeping and therefore wouldn't be hugely conducive to family life or if you were up early in the mornings for work.

Obviously I'm generalising here, but in my experience (from both sides of the student fence) that was the case.

Of course if you're a student yourself then you'll probably reckon it's a great place...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dolmen mews is attached to the Dolmen hotel. could be a lot of traffic in and out of the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Dolmen mews is attached to the Dolmen hotel. could be a lot of traffic in and out of the hotel.

It's closing down isn't it? so I don't think it'll be too bad from here on out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Closing down ? The dolmen ? It only has new owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

No they will be doing it up in the new year it wont be closing anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The Laurels will be very hit and miss - I'd say they are still some absolute nightmare neighbours up there still.

The problem with the houses is that they are paper thin walls, so you can hear neighbours flushing toilet or if telly is particularly loud etc.

And then they are people who are absolutely fine. I'd avoid it, personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Bog Man 1

If buying check out if the planning permission was for holiday rentals and not permanent living . There was a legal issue around them but it may have been sorted .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Logs Byrne

Good Info

Advertisement