Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

• 04-12-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hi,

My wireless router was very poor in the last few weeks so I brought it back to my internet provider. The speed was dropping and then coming back and then would not pick up signal at all.
    They checked the router and confirmed that this was indeed the case and that they would try and fix the router but so far have failed to do so.
    I asked would they send me a new router and they said they would if I paid for it. I believe that I shouldnt have to pay as it is part of the service that I am paying for. ie, wireless internet.
    In the impass between me not paying for router and them not sending out a replacement is it possible to connect an old vodafone wireless router that I have. I have tried to connect the vodafone router but can only pick up the wireless but cant connect to internet.

Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

need more info, What isp are you with? And do you have a seperate modem and router or is it an all in one?
    Is it cable or phone line?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

local antenne based provider. I am about 4 miles from their antenna which is on top of a water tower. have phone line with the same service which also appears to suffer when the speed is down. Not a tech head so unfortunatley not able to give much information but will give as much info as i can if asked. Speed when working well is about 5.5meg

Advertisement