Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with paying a bill.

Options
  • 04-12-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering if a representative can help me please?

My direct debit was returned to me unpaid, the reason for this is that I am having some financial difficulties at the moment, due to unforeseen circumstances and I can only pay a certain amount every week until January, when I can try to clear the remainder of the bill.

On top of my bill there is an additional charge of €300, for the security deposit, this has cropped up because the bill was returned unpaid.

I was wondering whether I could switch accounts to my husband's bank account -because I am having some difficulty paying through direct debit from my own account and also, whether I could pay a weekly rate through direct debit please? As there is no way I can pay this bill all at once.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Sapphire3,

Thanks for getting in touch. We can certainly look into arranging a weekly payment plan for you. The security deposit would have been reapplied if your Direct Debit collection was refused three times. New Direct Debit details can be set up on your account over the phone on 1850 372 372 or via email at serviceATelectricireland.ie (with '@' replacing the word 'AT'). If the details are in your husband's name he'll have to give his permission to have his name added to the account also. This will eliminate the need for a security deposit.

Once the details are in place, we can set up a weekly installment plan beginning on whichever day of the week suits you, for the duration up to your next bill or for a maximum of 8 weeks.

Please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number so we can look into this fully for you. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Hi Sapphire3,

Thanks for getting in touch. We can certainly look into arranging a weekly payment plan for you. The security deposit would have been reapplied if your Direct Debit collection was refused three times. New Direct Debit details can be set up on your account over the phone on 1850 372 372 or via email at serviceATelectricireland.ie (with '@' replacing the word 'AT'). If the details are in your husband's name he'll have to give his permission to have his name added to the account also. This will eliminate the need for a security deposit.

Once the details are in place, we can set up a weekly installment plan beginning on whichever day of the week suits you, for the duration up to your next bill or for a maximum of 8 weeks.

Please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number so we can look into this fully for you. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Thanks a million, I will PM you all the details later.

Hello,

I had a bit of a problem getting to the bank last week to pay the DD, as my husband was very ill, last week (he suffers from a chronic illness) and so unfortunately, my bill was returned unpaid again. 

Now this morning I got another bill of over 700 euros. There is no way that I can pay this in full, as I am on Social Welfare.. although I can pay 20 euros or 25 euros per week every Tuesday-either through my bank card or in a post office.  I emailed the Electric Ireland, and am waiting for a reply. I am rather worried that we will get cut off!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Sapphire3,

Thank you for contacting us with this query.

If you can PM us with your account details, we'll certainly look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi

I have PMed you, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement