Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walnut hulls

• 04-12-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for some walnut hulls - not the nuts just the outer hull - to use for dying, is there anyone with a walnut tree who might be able to help me? Or is it too late in the year now?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't, but just buy walnuts, make some pesto with the edible stuff and use the rest to make dyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I think you mean the fleshy casing around the shell? In which case yes it is pretty much too late from memory October November time is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I've a friend with a walnut tree. They don't fruit most years. No nuts this year due to the Spring weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for the replies, yes its the fleshy part I am looking for, not the nuts, sounds as though I am out of luck though!

Advertisement