Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face Protection Help.

• 04-12-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I am looking for some face protection, I wouldn't say that i am a first timer but close to it. I don't want to sound demanding sorry if i do i just am retarded when it comes to this stuff.

I kind of want something that is easy to breath out of and doesn't feel like a am being suffocated.

Maybe a balaclava and glasses? I really don't know what i should buy.

I just don't want something that will make me look stupid (That's why I dont pick it) and something that is easy to breathe.

Cheers guys and sorry if i sound like a prick coming on here with one post (Kinda demanding) But i am really not trying to sounld like that when i read over that thought i sounded like a prick. Well sorry again and thanks in advance for anybody that helps.:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Don't worry mate. You can try a half face mesh mask if you like, there is a good few of us in the field wear some of them. Any good Airsoft shop stocks them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I use either bolle tracker glasses with mesh lenses and a mesh lower or if playing indoors where a little extra protection is required i use this;
    http://seairsoft.com/product_details.php?id=493&sub=377&subcat=Safety%20Equipment

The sun peak and throat guard can be removed if you like. Despite being a one piece, it does not really restrict breathing or effect your cheek weld when aiming your gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Just to add, maybe your best bet is to visit your local retailer and try on a few different masks and see what is comfortable on YOU, make sure you check its comfortable on you, fairly secure (shake & nod your head a bit to check movement) with a good seal around your eyes. Try aiming down a rifle a few times to check its ok for you and try pick a model that does not overly restrict your perifial vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭searbhonta

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Don't worry mate. You can try a half face mesh mask if you like, there is a good few of us in the field wear some of them. Any good Airsoft shop stocks them

Would i get a balaclava? And glasses? Or just half face mesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

searbhonta wrote: »

That is entirely up to you, not the most comfortable in the summer I'd imagine though.

I think an ordinary Ball cap or beanie, glasses or mesh glasses and a half face guard would do you fine.

But that is my opinion it may not suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

searbhonta wrote: »

Sorry should have mentioned you would most definitely need eye protection of some kind. Whiter it's made of mesh or has lenses is up to you, as both have their pro's and cons.
    I would say you would not want a balaclava at all if you go for half mesh mask as some models cove your ears aswell as mouth so your covered all round

Advertisement