Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chip&pin

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi there anyone got a rough idea on installing cost of chip/pin machine to take cc and laser. Also what infrastructure do I need to have for it phone/WiFi and is there a recurring charge for me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Most units are GSM enabled, so basically you can use them anywhere there is mobile phone coverage. I think most use the O2 network. There is a charge for use and fee's payable on transactions. They vary based on your account type and bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do a search for providers there are lots out there. You'll be paying €10-€30 a month plus transaction fees so to figure out which is best for you then you'll need to know approximately how much you will process. I have a system that runs via an app so can run off wifi or cellular which is handy in case I need to use it out and about or one connection is having issues.

Advertisement