Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Anticipated Album of 2014

• 04-12-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Mine would probably be Pinata (I can't make the little curly thing above the n!), the collaboration between Madlib and Freddie Gibbs. I've loved everything they've done together, the smoothest beats around with the gangsteriest rhymes.

Then after that probably Oxymoron, although I've already kinda lost patience with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

MadGibbs is high on my list as well! StepBrothers album should be great as well! Hoping to get Earl & Tylers album EarlWolf next year too!

Albums that I'm hoping for but will probably never come...

Jay Electronica - Act II. New Madvillainy album. Ghostface Killah & MF DOOM album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

HighClass wrote: »
    MadGibbs is high on my list as well! StepBrothers album should be great as well! Hoping to get Earl & Tylers album EarlWolf next year too!

Albums that I'm hoping for but will probably never come...

Jay Electronica - Act II. New Madvillainy album. Ghostface Killah & MF DOOM album.

To be honest you might as well be excited for Detox.

Jezek wrote: »
    To be honest you might as well be excited for Detox.

I still have hope it's coming, he popped up on some big name features this year so that's a good sign. Saying that though I was dead sure it would come out this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

detox me arse ,
    Dre is making tonnes of money via other ventures
    if detox where to drop (which i don't think it will ) , it'll has crap like rick ross , nipsy hussle and other fake wannabe rapper's.

i can't wait for the new Kuniva/jon connor/guilty simpson/boldy james album #historyofviolence

Masta inda cypha dropping a new one 2 .
    Snowgoons
    AOTP
    Disl Automatic and Genocide also working on 2014 release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Wu Tang - A Better Tomorrow

• Advertisement

MC REN dropping a new album in new year

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

All i can think of so far is:

MadGibbs
    Cecil Otter
    Atmosphere
    Capital STEEZ
    Isaiah Rashad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

ohh forgot about Isaiah Rashad, wasn't a huge fan or his work or cypher,kind of mediocre to me, but I really enjoyed 'Ronnie Drake', it's such a simple song, well done. He now has my full attention. Although his excessive hand gesturing keeps distracting me ( and I'm Mediterranean!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

MadGibbs and Chamillionaire. Don't particularly care for the others.

new NAS album (to be produced by Premo), dropping in the autumn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Detox, any day now:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    All i can think of so far is:

Cecil Otter

About bloody time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Jay Electronica

that fella ! he's gone so far off my radar he's worse than dre.:)

For me the big 3 are schoolboy q, nas and 50 for now at least. Wouldnt surprise me if lamar had the 2nd album this year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

New WU
    New Nas/Preemo
    Anything Action Bronson does
    Slowly getting my head around DOOM atm, so him and Ghost will intrigue me.

Anyone wanna quickly suggest some DOOM tracks? I've roughly a thousand here. No idea where to start

PS. the possibility of OutKast appearing on stage has to be the potential best news of the year for some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Wouldnt surprise me if lamar had the 2nd album this year too.

Not before oxymoron, soulos then rocks then maybe isiah/sza. We might get the collab with Cole next year though.

Not before oxymoron, soulos then rocks then maybe isiah/sza. We might get the collab with Cole next year though.

ye i know that alright but i reckon its coming later on in the year. That collab with cole is off the radar for now imo, cole's verse on timberlake's tko was a response to kendricks control verse.

weemcd wrote: »
    New WU
    New Nas/Preemo
    Anything Action Bronson does
    Slowly getting my head around DOOM atm, so him and Ghost will intrigue me.

Anyone wanna quickly suggest some DOOM tracks? I've roughly a thousand here. No idea where to start

PS. the possibility of OutKast appearing on stage has to be the potential best news of the year for some

Albums wise start off on Madvilliany then Mmm..Food and then Operation:Doomsday.

As far as some of his best tracks,

All Caps
    Rhymes Like Dimes
    Gazzillion Ear
    One Beer
    Doomsday
    Dead Bent
    Beef Rap
    Deep Fried Frenz
    Figaro
    Rhinestone Cowboy
    Americas Most Blunted
    Gov'nor
    Winter Blues
    Rhymin' Slang

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rjd2 wrote: »
    About bloody time!

We were supposed to see it this year, that is the Strange Famous one, he also is supposed to be making an album with Lazerbeak.

As far as DOOM goes, Madvillany all the way. I also love the 2 Vik Vaughan album he done and King Gedorah is seriously under-rated.

I'm not really that excited for anything Action Bronson now. I got all giddy and excited with Blue Chips 2, but it got old fast. Rare Chandelliers kind of grew a bit on me, but not near what I was expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Nas/Preemo is definitely number 1
    Kendrick/J. Cole
    MadGibbs
    GZA - Dark Matter
    Doe Or Die 2
    Madvillainy 2 (prolly another Detox in the making though)
    Elzhi - The Weather Man

Plus anything from One Be Lo and J-Live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ah, forgot about GZA. Interested in that Elzhi release as well. My list has grown to four.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, forgot about Elzhi as well. He's using kickstarter or something like that to fund the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Stepbrothers
    Dilated peoples
    AOTP (2 albums coming out by them in 2014 according to Esoteric)
    Czarface 2

Of course anything else Atmosphere/Rhymesayers related is most welcome. I'm sure new their latest acquisition Prof will be dropping something soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Koncept & J57 - Flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Big K.R.I.T-Cadillactica
    Only one that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned already.

Killer Mike Rap Music 2 may also happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

baddebt wrote: »
    new NAS album (to be produced by Premo), dropping in the autumn

I heard it will be produced by timbo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

I heard it will be produced by timbo :)

**** that

LUPE wrote: »
    **** that

picaso baby :D

On a serious not expect maybe a couple of timbo tracks on Nas's next album as he been working with timbo da king this year :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

picaso baby :D

On a serious not expect maybe a couple of timbo tracks on Nas's next album as he been working with timbo da king this year :cool:

Nas and Premo both announced moths ago that they were working on a nas album with all premo beats.

• Advertisement

I'd be very surprised to see the Nas x Premo album any-time soon. Premo is notorious for being hard to tie down for one beat let alone an album.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Nas and Premo both announced moths ago that they were working on a nas album with all premo beats.

I heard that premo did lots of songs for nas for his last album but none where used and was said he will use some for his next album

I heard that premo did lots of songs for nas for his last album but none where used and was said he will use some for his next album

There was 1 beat submitted, but didn't fit the theme apparently.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26741/title.tde-to-release-six-albums-in-2014
    2014 could be a great year if even half of these come out.

TDE announced they will be releasing 6 albums in 2014.
    They released 0 albums in 2013.

By my reckoning, that would be, Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, SZA, Isiah and something else.

By my reckoning, that would be, Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, SZA, Isiah and something else.

Lamar will defiantly have his follow up album at some stage in 2014 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Looking forward to the Dre x Jay Elec mixtape 🔥

Can always hope for a Black Hippy album too...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gollyn9

The weathermen and also
    primo and nas

I remember watching an interview with Q and jay rock and they ruled out a black hippy album altogether. It's strange because commercially it would be good for all of them and their brand.

Potentially imo the biggest group to form since g unit originally came on the scene with beg for mercy. Talent wise miles ahead but commercially the biggest potential since g unit.

Slaughterhouse are good but i think black hippy have the potential to be a real force to be reckoned with, its great because hip hop lacks proper new groups coming through at least commercial hip hop.

Yeah, they've said it a few times, I think it's worded that its a Black Hippy album is not a priority for them rather than ruling out any chance of it happening.

I think they should do as they are doing and establish themselves as solo artists with the solid group foundation behind them. I'm particularly looking forward to hear what Ab Soul and Jay Rock do next.
    Also looking forward to hearing what Isaiah Rashad does.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.26290/title.Isaiah+Rashad+f.+Michael+Da+Vinci-Brad+Jordan

• Advertisement

Yeah, they've said it a few times, I think it's worded that its a Black Hippy album is not a priority for them rather than ruling out any chance of it happening.

I think they should do as they are doing and establish themselves as solo artists with the solid group foundation behind them. I'm particularly looking forward to hear what Ab Soul and Jay Rock do next.
    Also looking forward to hearing what Isaiah Rashad does.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.26290/title.Isaiah+Rashad+f.+Michael+Da+Vinci-Brad+Jordan

Ye jay rock is an interesting one, the original flagship artist for TDE. He ended up just being over took by lamar an in your face talent who just couldnt be ignored on a track especially his older stuff and thats not taking anything away from jay rock either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Slaughterhouse are a disappoint imo, talent wise TDE are better than them and HRSMN even.

2014 is shaping up to be a even better year than 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

TDE are a great crew no doubt, and I'd really like to hear a Black Hippy album! But for me it's all about Pro Era! Joey and CJ are on fire at the minute! New Bada$$ album should be quality hopefully!

Here's a rundown from complex on the top 50 most anticipated albums this year.

I counted about 15 that I'd have a good interest in.

Here's a rundown from complex on the top 50 most anticipated albums this year.

I counted about 15 that I'd have a good interest in.

id love to see it sometime ! :)

id love to see it sometime ! :)

A link is always handy

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/01/most-anticipated-albums-2014/

Clipse are going to be releasing an album as well.

First track released from the Common x No I.D. album called War. That beat is incredible.

http://www.egotripland.com/common-no-i-d-war/

When Common has a decent beat backing him, he sounds brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cert2009

of all albums listed, theirs gonna be new cunninlyguist album, and a new onyx album

cert2009 wrote: »
    of all albums listed, theirs gonna be new cunninlyguist album, and a new onyx album

There's a new Fredo Starr (member of Onyx) album going to be released, i think it's produced entirely by The Audible Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Is the new Onyx album going to be produced by the Snowgoons? I seen something about them working together. I know onyx were on Balck Snow 2 anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement