Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best, Safest place to live near Dub Airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

You can get to the airport in 15 mins from blanch. People who Dont live in Blanch this think its further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

josip wrote: »
    Half the people I know who work in the airport live in Swords.
    For those who suggested Dundalk, is it safe now?
    It used to have a nickname of a Mexican border town when I used to be familar with it.

Haha, you are joking right, Dundalk has one off the lowest crime rates of big towns/cities in the country,even back in the day, it got it's nick name(s) because of being so close to the 'border'

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Malahide is a nice area and close to the airport but it is also expensive.

St Margarets and Hollystown would be near enough too,no public transport but cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ardle1 wrote: »
    Drogheda and Dundalk two great towns, 30min's to 45min's(consecutively) by motorway to Airport door. Good Luck.
    If we're giving silly answers, I'd have to mention Glasgow and Manchester. Both less than 40 minutes from Dublin airport. Of course, there are better restaurants in Paris, and the nightlife is better in Berlin, but the flights are a little longer.

Droghedismal and Dundull?

Seriously?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

waraf wrote: »
    Personally I would have Malahide as first preference and Skerries as second preference if you want to stay in Fingal but there are loads of nice places to live if you're willing to drive around to the South side via the M50 motorway.

Swords is the nearest to the airport. It has many primary and second level schools, also an excellent shopping centre in the
    Pavilions, which has a 'Movies' cinema. Buses to the airport
    and regular buses to Dublin city. Swords Express also runs
    to the city regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

endacl wrote: »
    If we're giving silly answers, I'd have to mention Glasgow and Manchester. Both less than 40 minutes from Dublin airport. Of course, there are better restaurants in Paris, and the nightlife is better in Berlin, but the flights are a little longer.

Seriously?

Ah now c'mon don't be putting the poor man off, everyone knows Dundalk is a great town, with lovely people:)

endacl wrote: »

Seriously?

Far from silly answers direct route to the airport both much improved towns and lots to do around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

moxin, billie1b - take it to pm please.
    I've just deleted a load of off topic posts as you are derailing the thread.

Keep it on topic from here on in please.

Morri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Thread's dead baby, unless the OP comes back with more detailed requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭CFC08

Hi guys just seen this
    It's myself and partner
    Would like to be close enough to airport with option of going into dublin but not living in it..
    Easy commute to airport
    By safe I mean low crime rate and not rough..
    Malahide has to be a front runner but seems awkward
    Obvisly the place wi have local amenities
    No kids and budget of about 950 per month..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Santry would be a good bet so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I know quite a few people who worked in Dublin Airport and rented in places like Northwood but also in Santry and Drumcondra.

I would strongly recommend Dublin 9 and Dublin 3. Lots of leafy suburban areas with quite decent houses (not that many apartments available but what is there is pretty good).

Anywhere within walking distance of the Drumcondra Road (N1) is really, really handy for the airport.

Kilester and Raheny aren't bad options either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dianec401

I would recommend Northwood also. Plenty of decent apartments between €900-1,200 a month rental.
    There's a also a frequent bus route (16,41 etc) to the airport, the bus journey would take 10 minutes to the airport so a low-stress commute. Those buses also run into the city centre which is 30/40 minute journey so handy for getting into town also. Lots of airport staff and 'young professionals' rent in Northwood so I think it would tick a lot of boxes considering your circumstances.

Lovely park nearby, gym up the road, coffee shop, hotel, local shops all within the development. Leafy and quiet.

Personally I prefer the Santry end close to the Crowne Plaza hotel rather than the commercial end (Gullivers Retail Park etc) and that would be a shorter walk to the bus stop also. Santry itself is not particularly characterful or beautiful but it's a safe and convenient suburb with lots of amenities, well-situated and with a well established community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Also, I think many of the airlines run shuttle busses from the Crowne Plaza as they overnight staff there so, you might be able to hitch a lift :)
    There are also regular shuttles from the Crowne Plaza to the airport for other guests so you can possibly just purchase a ticket and get to the airport quite quickly.

Advertisement