Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average price to lay floor tiles.

Options
  • 05-12-2013 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

What are good tilers looking for per square yard these days or is that how they price it? Anyone have any recent experiences? I am looking to get porcelain tiles laid in the next few months. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

A domestic tiler in my area is approx €14-18 per sq metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

What are good tilers looking for per square yard these days or is that how they price it? Anyone have any recent experiences? I am looking to get porcelain tiles laid in the next few months. Thanks

Depending on the tile, cutting and existing floor condition you could be anywhere from 18-25 per m2 for porcelain. I have also seen costs up to 32 per m2 for high end tile

bottom line shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

If the floor is fairly decent and its not a very large polished porcelain tile you should get prices around €16 per metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 master of all

If the floor is fairly decent ... what does that mean? In numbers? Difference in level up to 20 mm or 2 mm per 3 m??? For 12 years I saw only one good floor, done by a sreeding company in Cork, with 2 mm difference in levels per 5 meters.

Before you go for any tiler, check his job.
    What you need to look for is:
    1. The tiles are well glued to the floor /knock with something metal on few - if you hear a hollow sound -no good/
    2. Gaps are even all around /no bigger and smaller ones/
    3. No lippage between tiles /slide a box of matches or similar on the floor & see how far it goes/
    4. Look for the fine cuts: around architraves, corners, stairs, etc. If you see a rough job i.e more than 2 mm gap - you should think twice before hiring.

If you want I can send you some picture to see the difference between good & bad work.
    Hope that helps :)

Best of luck!

Advertisement