Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creature in my bedroom!

13»

Comments

Tis a mouse! It's been named Ninja. The relief of finding out it was a little 'un is over whelming.

The one currently poking round our feet in the sitting room hasn't been named yet.

I don't think my other housemate has named the one he finds in his dog's bag of food either.

I think I'm going to have to get used to them, the winter's just started. It looks like a pretty huge community. Trapping is only going to go so far. Housemates are all for some rather less humane solutions. I have lived with mice before (another really old building) and slightly freaky as they are, I learned not to be terrified. Does anyone have any genuine experience of those high frequency thingies? Seems to be very split opinions on their actual effectiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Tis a mouse! It's been named Ninja. The relief of finding out it was a little 'un is over whelming.

Does anyone have any genuine experience of those high frequency thingies? Seems to be very split opinions on their actual effectiveness.

If you have sensitive hearing you will be driven mad with them. I worked in a store that had one and I could hear it beeping the whole time.
    Boss thought I was going mad.

Also had one in the local church and I had to walk out of it one day as I could just hear a constant high pitched drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Does anyone have any genuine experience of those high frequency thingies? Seems to be very split opinions on their actual effectiveness.

Got one when I was living in my Dad's place. Mouse moved out, lived happily ever after. Couldn't recommend one enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

If you have birds I wouldn't get the frequency thing, it would drive them mad I'd say.
    Not entirely effective either, let me tell you :(

Silverfish wrote: »
    If you have birds I wouldn't get the frequency thing, it would drive them mad I'd say.
    Not entirely effective either, let me tell you :(

Mixed reports from bird owners, and mixed reports on the effectiveness on vermin too. I doubt it's a worthwhile investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,056 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah FFS why did you have to post that?

Advertisement