Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vet bed

• 05-12-2013 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello. I'm getting a cavachon puppy next week. Do I need a vet bed in the crate for night time or will a comfy bed on one side with newspaper/training pads do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

A bed is fine but just make sure whatever you put in is washable. I found vet bed/warm bedding on one side and just a folded sheet/towel on the other suited my pup so she had a warm side and a cooler side. Also the idea of crate training is that the dog won't want to go to the loo where they sleep so having a loo area and indeed using paper/puppy pads in the crate is going to slow down your housetraining - which is probably going to be slow anyways because your pup is half bichon and they difficult to house train. You need to get up during the night and take the pup out to the loo for the best results.
    Have you bought the crate yet? If not maybe look into getting a puppy pen instead

Advertisement