Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for decorating a scratching post?!

• 05-12-2013 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I got an absolutely maaassive scratching post today, the thing is taller than me! It takes up a considerable bit of space in the sitting room so we decided we would incorporate it into out decorating :D My mam suggested wrapping it in tinsel but Dude is a chewer and the last thing I need is to be bringing him to the vet for an emergency 'tinsel-ectomy' :P I really have no other ideas of what to do though, so if anyone has any suggestions/ decorates their own cat furniture any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have a new cat tree too, I'm planning on a bit of tinsel, but my daughter wanted to put fairy lights on it!
    Will be interesting what ideas you get on here, might inspire us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Can you put up a picture or a link to give an idea of size/scale etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Here's a pic! See I don't think I could use anything stringy or with wires cos Dude just loves to chew things like that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

how about fastening (securely!) cheapy baubles - play toys and decoration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Cheap wrapping paper but be prepared you'l probably, no definitely, have to replace it every few days! I like the baubles idea too, you could probably sew them in so they go flying off every few minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

We've decided to be minimalistic (and safe!) and just hang the cats stockings off the scratching post so not too much damage can be done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

That thing is amazing. Cat heaven!

Advertisement