Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbie by day, IronWoman by night....just who is the "real" Oryx??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Hi Oryx,

Sports bike, Touring Bike or Harley Davidson type?

Favourite running podcast (If you listen to them)

If you could only do one event next year, any sport, money no object, what would it be?

Shamelessly stolen from MT but anyway, 6 months perfect training, no injuries, all the stars align etc, how fast do you think you could run a mile?

Favourite swear word?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sports bike, Touring Bike or Harley Davidson type?
    This bad baby:
    2ry2ezl.jpg

Favourite running podcast (If you listen to them)
    I never listen to things that might help my training, I don't know why. I think I just never got into the whole podcast thing.
    If you could only do one event next year, any sport, money no object, what would it be?
    One event next year I would stick to the plan and do IMUK, Id just hire a coach, and book a better hotel. Given unlimited resources and training time, and no time limit on competing I would like to do that AR championship that is on at the moment.
    Shamelessly stolen from MT but anyway, 6 months perfect training, no injuries, all the stars align etc, how fast do you think you could run a mile?
    Given that I've never run a standalone mile, nor do I know what a 'good' time would be, I have no idea. If it was set as a goal, and I got help, I would give it my all, and run till I puke.
    Favourite swear word?
    Fcuk. Has a multitude of nuances and can be used in virtually any cocked up situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Stolen from the Aspirational eye candy thread
    Oryx wrote: »
    I dont. Bambaata might but the rest of yiz?
    I.
    Don't.
    Think.
    So.
    :P

Has someone got a bit of a crush???

BTH wrote: »
    Stolen from the Aspirational eye candy thread

Has someone got a bit of a crush???
    Nope. Lovely to look at, and the prettiest smile, but not my type and twenty years too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Nope. Lovely to look at, and the prettiest smile, but not my type and twenty years too young.

Well you practically asked my next question.... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I rode one of those bad boys for a while. Now that's a sweet bike. :cool: My brother has had a few too and has toured Europe on them. He's a big fan of the GSXR also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BTW, that post above, I'm thanking you for the bike.

Image of beauty.

AKW wrote: »
    BTW, that post above, I'm thanking you for the bike.

Image of beauty.
    The new type is almost prettier, but I like that one. I wouldnt turn down any of the mid range sports bikes (R6, ZX6R, GSXR600) either.

BTH wrote: »
    Well you practically asked my next question.... :P
    Muscles, tattoos and a bad attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The new type is almost prettier, but I like that one. I wouldnt turn down any of the mid range sports bikes (R6, ZX6R, GSXR600) either.

Funnily enough it was love at first sight for me with the GSR600. Traded it in for an engagement ring after a while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Muscles, tattoos and a bad attitude.

You watched Sons of Anarchy?

tunney wrote: »
    You watched Sons of Anarchy?
    Not yet, but I might now. I tend to avoid hairy bikers like the plague. I see too much of them at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Dory Dory wrote: »
    If you get in, we'll have as many car washes, wet tee shirt contests and bake sales as it takes to raise that money and send you on your way!!! :D

Fixed that ;)

Ah the toughest hoochie steps under the light :D

Pet Hates?
    How long can you hold a plank for after reading this?
    Any interest in proper AR? Biking fast not as important as the ability to tough it out and cycle while sleeping :)
    Could you eat a jam doughnut without licking your lips?
    Favourite board game?
    What scares you more than bike descents?
    If you could go back to any period in history, where would you go?

Pet Hates?
    People who say they can't do something, without trying.
    Finding wet bread and other ick in the sink.
    Passive aggression.
    How long can you hold a plank for after reading this?
    I realise this is a stitch up question, but I did it anyway. Three minutes. It was good to find out where I'm at, I haven't done planks in ages.
    Any interest in proper AR? Biking fast not as important as the ability to tough it out and cycle while sleeping :)
    My first few races when I started multisport, before my swimming was any good, were Irish style mini ARs. (Or messing as we call them). I like those but would like to try a proper one. I can't mountain bike to save my life, though.
    Could you eat a jam doughnut without licking your lips?
    I can't eat jam doughnuts at all. But if I could I would lick my lips, fingers or anywhere else I get jam or sugar. Pleasure shouldn't come with conditions attached.
    Favourite board game?
    I don't play board games, but if I did it would be some kind of drunken version of monopoly.
    What scares you more than bike descents?
    Letters with harps on them, surgeons, being in a car with a terrible driver.
    If you could go back to any period in history, where would you go?
    Not that far, because I like my creature comforts, and female emancipation! I would like to go to the wild west and be a cowboy(girl). Even though I don't ride horses as it is, that whole thing appeals to me. Maybe I watched too many spaghetti westerns.

Do kids get any easier?

Do kids get any easier?
    Yes. Yours are still toddlers? I found the years between 0-4 were so, so hard. Once they start school they get more independent and you get to what I call 'hands free mode'. There are still issues, fights, and all that, but its certainly easier.

I qualify the above by saying I haven't experienced teenagers yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Yes. Yours are still toddlers? I found the years between 0-4 were so, so hard. Once they start school they get more .

three and a half, mine's three and a half, only 6 more months to go and she'll be good and if she's not i'll tell her oryx said she would be and that will fix it all.

you're allowed make wishes on a Friday right?

mossym wrote: »
    three and a half, mine's three and a half, only 6 more months to go and she'll be good and if she's not i'll tell her oryx said she would be and that will fix it all.

you're allowed make wishes on a Friday right?
    Clap your hands if you believe in fairies! :P

My two fight like cat and dog, so much so that I feel like I should wear my black and white TI referee shirt around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Do kids get any easier?

You need to have more kids - when there is still a 1-1 ratio, there remains a psychological battle between the adults & children.

Once they out number you, they know they've won, and it all settles down...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Izoard wrote: »
    You need to have more kids - when there is still a 1-1 ratio, there remains a psychological battle between the adults & children.

Once they out number you, they know they've won, and it all settles down...:)

What he said ^^^^^. More than 2 kids means you have to change from man marking to zonal defence. My 4 (:eek: how the fcuk did that happen) are between 2 and 9 and it's starting to get easier, but my boss has 5 kids in their teens and laughs at whats ahead of me, he reckons the teenage years are the most difficult. The fact I have 3 daughters makes me more nervous of these years :(

Back on topic...how tall are you Oryx and what do you weigh?

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    what do you weigh?

did
    you
    just
    ask
    a
    woman
    her
    weight

good lord man run fast and don't look back. when you hit the ocean start swimming

Yes. Yours are still toddlers? I found the years between 0-4 were so, so hard. Once they start school they get more independent and you get to what I call 'hands free mode'. There are still issues, fights, and all that, but its certainly easier.

I qualify the above by saying I haven't experienced teenagers yet.

Only 2.5 years to go then and then out of that. I'd say off for the snip but I know of one boardsie where....... well lets just say when things go wrong........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

:eek::eek::eek:

Good god!! You might as well ask her her age too!!!!!

Dory Dory wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Good god!! You might as well ask her her age too!!!!!

Seriously is your favourite colour pink?
    Do you like to throw sparkles in your hair?
    Do you like to go roller blading with your dog one week a month?

I thought this age and weight crap went out with the fairies??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Keep talking about fairies and one is bound to appear.
    Arguably unrelated but where's Jacky Back anyhow ?

it did. But Oryx is tough. She has to stop hairy bikers shoplifting hogs every day. Not worth taking the risk that she's old school

griffin100 wrote: »
    Back on topic...how tall are you Oryx and what do you weigh?
    This is actually not something I mind saying. Maybe if I was heavier I would care, I don't know. 5' 6" and 125 lbs. I would hope to be below 120 for race season. At my heaviest I was 12 stone, I look at those pictures and its like another person.

Edit: I dont recall anyone else being asked this, though. :)

interested wrote: »
    Keep talking about fairies and one is bound to appear.
    Arguably unrelated but where's Jacky Back anyhow ?

He is fine, just mental busy in work and tweaked his Achilles reaching for the top shelf - or a cross country race, one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

People who say they can't do something, without trying.
    Finding wet bread and other ick in the sink.
    Passive aggression.
    I realise this is a stitch up question, but I did it anyway. Three minutes. It was good to find out where I'm at, I haven't done planks in ages.

My first few races when I started multisport, before my swimming was any good, were Irish style mini ARs. (Or messing as we call them). I like those but would like to try a proper one. I can't mountain bike to save my life, though.

I can't eat jam doughnuts at all. But if I could I would lick my lips, fingers or anywhere else I get jam or sugar. Pleasure shouldn't come with conditions attached.

I don't play board games, but if I did it would be some kind of drunken version of monopoly.

Letters with harps on them, surgeons, being in a car with a terrible driver.
    Not that far, because I like my creature comforts, and female emancipation! I would like to go to the wild west and be a cowboy(girl). Even though I don't ride horses as it is, that whole thing appeals to me. Maybe I watched too many spaghetti westerns.

I have a box of 500 here, shall i post 1 a day ?

• Advertisement

Youve been hanging around with a 2 and a half year old too long.

Though reading that I expect you to break into song about Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Advertisement