Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbie by day, IronWoman by night....just who is the "real" Oryx??

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have a box of 500 here, shall i post 1 a day ?
    Thank god you don't know my address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx wrote: »
    Thank god you don't know my address.

Ah but you've signed up to a few races i've been involved with;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ah but you've signed up to a few races i've been involved with;)

That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act.
    And probably stalking

Elvis, sometimes you can be unexpectedly scary. Like Robin Williams in One Hour Photo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

This is actually not something I mind saying. Maybe if I was heavier I would care, I don't know. 5' 6" and 125 lbs. I would hope to be below 120 for race season. At my heaviest I was 12 stone, I look at those pictures and its like another person.

Edit: I dont recall anyone else being asked this, though. :)

I've met you a couple of times and you are quite svelte* so I was interested ;).

* Svelte: slender and elegant

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    I've met you a couple of times and you are quite svelte* so I was interested ;).

* Svelte: slender and elegant
    Excellent save, man. I take my hat off to you.

tunney wrote: »
    That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act.
    And probably stalking

Wow, the hero to the rescue:rolleyes:

Elvis, sometimes you can be unexpectedly scary. Like Robin Williams in One Hour Photo :(

I try:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

This is actually not something I mind saying. Maybe if I was heavier I would care, I don't know. 5' 6" and 125 lbs. I would hope to be below 120 for race season. At my heaviest I was 12 stone, I look at those pictures and its like another person.

Edit: I dont recall anyone else being asked this, though. :)

Others have been asked it; for instance I had to admit to weighing more than 1.5 Oryx's. You're fishing for compliments Ms. Skinny Malinky...

Back on topic...

Favourite reason for hanging round Boards?

Most annoying thing hanging round about Boards?

Why do you mod the Sex&Sexuality forum?

If you could drop everything right now with no consequences, how would you spend this weekend?

What gaps are in your education that you'd like to fill?

Is money the root of all evil?

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Favourite reason for hanging round Boards?
    It is a mine of information, a place to let off steam, somewhere to meet like minds, and it can be funny as feck.
    Most annoying thing hanging round about Boards?
    It is a total time sink that I am too addicted to.
    Why do you mod the Sex&Sexuality forum?
    A passionate interest in the subject? Nah... I was just asked... I suppose I may have posted sensibly there once or twice. You don't need to be an expert. :)
    If you could drop everything right now with no consequences, how would you spend this weekend?
    I would hook up with some of the majorca crew and go cycling. If it was a family thing I would go see Wicked with my kids.
    What gaps are in your education that you'd like to fill?
    I would retrain in some kind of professional career that involves people, activity, and sport. Your mathematics is a near polar opposite of what I would be interested in, but your dedication to it is inspiring.

Is money the root of all evil?
    The love of money is the root of all evil. Money can do good things but greed prevents that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Are you getting fed up of answering these questions yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

For the day thats in it...you do some XC training judging by your log, any interest in competing in some xc races?

Any more big messy tough man type of races on the menu?

What do you do when you're not being a mammy or Ironwoman?

What do you watch on d'telly?

Will you train on christmas day?

What happens in casa Oryx on christmas day?

Are you getting fed up of answering these questions yet?
    I didn't expect anyone to be interested!

For the day thats in it...you do some XC training judging by your log, any interest in competing in some xc races?
    I hear that sh*t's hard :) Yes I would love to but I've never done it properly so would need to learn whats involved.
    Any more big messy tough man type of races on the menu?
    No. I'm kinda over them. And I admit with big (expensive) races planned, I'm a bit precious about my ankles and stuff. Plus most of that kind of race are overhyped and oversubscribed and I can see them dying out because of that.

What do you do when you're not being a mammy or Ironwoman?
    Very little. I have hardly any spare time and what I do have seems to be spent here. I read when I can, and get out with the girls at least once a week.
    What do you watch on d'telly?
    I avoid it, mostly. Its a real time thief. Tho Saturday nights are a veg out night so I watch whatever garbage is on. Things that require no brain cells, like x factor.
    Will you train on christmas day?
    I will do a 'It's good to be alive' easy run, but thats not training.

What happens in casa Oryx on christmas day?
    Santa comes, dinner gets cooked, and I get slowly rat assed on irish coffee and fall asleep in front of the fire. :)

Do you think you'll ever have an "ugh" moment and just walk away from triathlon and high level training at any point ?

Are there days during training that you say to yourself, why ?

Do you think you'll ever have an "ugh" moment and just walk away from triathlon and high level training at any point ?

Are there days during training that you say to yourself, why ?

So far, so good I always have something to drive me on. I know a time will come when my body can't keep up with my aspirations but I hope I will cope and adapt to that when it happens. But right now I get so much from it I don't ever feel like jacking it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Favourite Movie: (Excluding Easy Rider)
    Favourite Movie Character:
    Favourite Band: (Excluding Meatloaf)
    2 People you most admire in Sport:
    2 People you most admire outside of Sport:
    Have you ever cycled up Mount Leinster?
    4 guests at your dinner party who would they be?

catweazle wrote: »
    Favourite Movie: (Excluding Easy Rider)
    I dont actually like Easyrider, the whole film is like a bad trip. The one that comes to mind is the Men in Black franchise, I just love those films for a total 'turn off the brain' popcorn experience.
    Favourite Movie Character:
    Hannibal Lecter
    Favourite Band: (Excluding Meatloaf)
    Foo Fighters. (Jim Steinman is the brains behind, and better than Meatloaf)
    2 People you most admire in Sport:
    Difficult, because I don't follow sport much. Chrissie and Mo, I guess. Chrissie because she is just hard as nails but kinda normal, and Mo because he was funny as fk on A League of their Own and he is wonderful to watch running.
    2 People you most admire outside of Sport:
    Danny Mcaskillbecause he is so gifted, and my friend Marge who is 86 and still skis and sails a yacht.
    Have you ever cycled up Mount Leinster?
    Nope but I will be heading up there a bit in spring.
    4 guests at your dinner party who would they be?
    Famous people? Nigella to cook (and so I could ask pertinent questions), The Brownlee brothers for racing tips, and Graham Norton to just make the whole thing a bit crazy.

So how come you don't have an issuer with dopers?

So how come you don't have an issuer with dopers?
    I reckon matter what successful sportsperson you name, you 'have an issue with dopers' imo. And I don't think cooking is governed by WADA.

Anyway, its been a fun week, guys, thanks for the interest and the questions, but its time to hand over to another TDAR Hoochie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Actually you are a day early. Handover isn't until tonight at midnight I believe. :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Actually you are a day early. Handover isn't until tonight at midnight I believe. :)
    Ah well, Like I said in the other thread, bar asking if Ive had my appendix out (no) or what colour my underwear is, I doubt theres much left to know!

And yes, I am a real blonde, lol. I think I just proved it.

Ah well, Like I said in the other thread, bar asking if Ive had my appendix out (no) or what colour my underwear is, I doubt theres much left to know!

And yes, I am a real blonde, lol. I think I just proved it.

Okay then - what colour is your underwear?

Have you had your appendix out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

^^^^ That would be the Barbie coming out in ya! ;)

Hot chocolate - with or without marshmallows?
    Do you ice skate?
    Do you ski?
    Do you play a musical instrument, and how would you rate your singing?
    Who would you rather go on a date with - Johnny Depp, Vince Vaughn, Channing Tatum, or Sylvester Stallone? And why?
    In triathlon, what is/will be your brass ring?
    In life, what is/will be your brass ring?
    When are you coming to the states?

Okay then - what colour is your underwear?
    When racing (the only time youre interested in), I dont wear any.
    Have you had your appendix out?
    No.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hot chocolate - with or without marshmallows?
    Without! Marshmallows are disgusting.
    Do you ice skate?
    I can, shakily, but opportunities are limited. I can rollerskate though (but you know this ;) )
    Do you ski?
    No, never got a chance to try.
    Do you play a musical instrument, and how would you rate your singing?
    I dont play any instrument, and that is a real regret of mine. I think I sing okay, but even when I sing in the shower, my kids come in and beg me to stop, so maybe not.
    Who would you rather go on a date with - Johnny Depp, Vince Vaughn, Channing Tatum, or Sylvester Stallone? And why?
    I had to google Channing Tatum. Oh my god thank you, such a pretty thing. If it was NSA, him for sure, a platonic thing, Vince Vaughn because I get the feeling he could be interesting to talk to. Johnny and Sly - one wears guyliner and the other is orange. Nuff said.
    In triathlon, what is/will be your brass ring?
    I had no idea what you mean, but looked it up, you mean ultimate prize? There isnt one for me, because when you crest one peak, youre looking at the next one.
    In life, what is/will be your brass ring?
    To quote Moulin Rouge 'to love and be loved in return'.
    When are you coming to the states?
    If it were up to me, January. So all I'll say is as soon as the stars align to make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

If you could live forever, what age would you want to body to stop growing, and what age your brain stop learning? (we'll assume for fun that a brain can be found)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    If you could live forever, what age would you want to body to stop growing, and what age your brain stop learning? (we'll assume for fun that a brain can be found)
    My body 30. I remember 30 being a good year. :P My hypothetical brain, never. You should never stop learning.

Advertisement